[REQ FOR HELP] How to port a ROM to the Liquid

Guest Andrea1Liquid

Guest Andrea1Liquid
Stop fight pls...

Right. Why a person have to reopen a fight that was already closed? Anyways, maybe I understood how to enable wifi: the trick is in dhcpcd... I think :D

Edit: Yeah! Light sensor working!

Edit 2: GSensors working!

Edit 3: USB Tethering working, unfortunately no data to tether yet :D

Edit 4: there are serious problems with the usb port: it's recognized only as a power supplier. No other modalities...so neither usb teth...

Edit 5: seems it can't load the wifi driver...wtf? :P

Edited by Andrea1Liquid

Guest Andrea1Liquid

Yes, until 00:30 (half-an-hour for testing on the bed :P)...Btw, the ROM has a good power compsumption (like froyo leaks), but I'm waiting for final conclusions to enable all the hw (maybe it uses less battery because almost everything doesn't work :D ahah).

Edited by Andrea1Liquid

Guest koudelka
Edit: Yeah! Light sensor working!

Edit 5: seems it can't load the wifi driver...wtf? :P

Light sensor is working in the rom to change brightness??? or just in sensor testing applications?

you got BCM4325.bin in right place and nvram.txt, wpa_supplicant.conf?

Guest Andrea1Liquid
Light sensor is working in the rom to change brightness??? or just in sensor testing applications?

you got BCM4325.bin in right place and nvram.txt, wpa_supplicant.conf?

Light sensor works in setting and also automatic. I also verified in logcat and sometimes it says: light sensor new value: XX lcd value: XX, so it's working. Going to verify wifi...

Edit: all 3 files are in system/etc/wifi. BCM4325.bin is in /system/etc/firmware too...

Edited by Andrea1Liquid

Guest Dario93

Ok. I made a port of EvilNxSense 1.24. It boots up,lockscreen appears,then Htc blank screen shows up,and then..noting -.-" only blank screen. I can only drag down the notification bar,lock the screen or shut the phone down... What can I do?

Guest Andrea1Liquid

I think the problem is in the launcher that doesn't start. To be sure post a logcat (cd to the tools directory in the sdk and enter adb logcat) :P

Guest Andrea1Liquid

Strange...at the end it gives you a series of exceptions, maybe that's the cause! You also have the same error about the usb port and the wifi driver... :D One question? Evil sense is a big ROM (as it's based on sense) so you had to slim the system partition storing something (framework or app) in data or cache. What did you store? Are you sure to have typed correctly in the update-script. My theory is that you stored the app folder in another place, but did a wrong symlink (stupid mistypes :P), so the ROM doesn't find the apps anymore. (B**lS**t :D )

Btw, I tried another time, but wifi driver doesn't load.

Edited by Andrea1Liquid

Guest Dario93

Ok,taken light.salsa.so from MIUI, and script seems to be OK..So reflashed,but same result,there's the message box "Loading..." with the rotating wheel.

Ok,taken light.salsa.so from MIUI, and script seems to be OK..So reflashed,but same result,there's the message box "Loading..." with the rotating wheel.

Check the logcat to see if system is still working.

First boot can be very very long, try to power off the screen and power on.

Guest Andrea1Liquid

@Vache or koudelka: can you help me? I still can't get the wifi working (also data plan)...in setting, under Wifi there's "Error". When I tap it to activate I can read for a second activating and then error again. Logcat: Wifi: can't load driver. This time I also added wpa_supplicant in bin from MIUI. Anyway in etc/firmware I have:

BCM4325_apsta.bin

BCM4325.bin

fw_bcm4329_apsta.bin

fw_bcm4329.bin

bcm4329.hcd

default_att.acdb

default_france.acdb

default.acdb

yamato_pfp.fw

yamato_pm4.fw

BCM4325.hcd

default_nel.acdb

BCM4329B1_002.002.023.0436.0439.hcd

In etc/wifi I have:

BCM4325_apsta.bin

BCM4325.bin

BCM4325Fac.bin

dhd.ko

wpa_supplicant.conf

nvram.txt

In etc I have:

BCM4325.hcd

and others

In lib/modules/:

2.6.35.4 (folder)

bcm4329.ko

dhd.ko

------------------------- extracted from DJDroid ROM

cfq-iosched.ko

cifs.ko

cpufreq_conservative.ko

cpufreq_interactive.ko

cpufreq_powersave.ko

ext4.ko

fuse.ko

jbd2.ko

nls_utf8.ko

perflock_disable3215.ko

tun.ko

undervolt.ko

---------------------------------

:P

Guest Dario93
Check the logcat to see if system is still working.

First boot can be very very long, try to power off the screen and power on.

Thanks. I found an error in the symlink. Trying to reflash now

Guest Andrea1Liquid
Thanks. I found an error in the symlink. Trying to reflash now

Eeeeeeh! So I was right! :P

No one helps me? I'm stuck...

Edited by Andrea1Liquid

All files come from the same source ?

wifi libs in module have to correspond to the kernel.

For the data part, it will be hard. The only Sense ROM that have data working is the first leak of the Desire HD. (1.04.161.2, 1.15 and newer don't work)

After decompiling framework, i saw that this version have a different method to handle data connection.

The best way is to take this ROM as base, or decompile both framework (framework.jar) and replace the needed files. Had it working on newer dumps. (Desire HD, Desire Z and myTouch4G)

Guest Andrea1Liquid

Ehm...The wifi libs come from MIUI (as all the other things), but the boot.img from your Sense ROM. So have I to pick the wifi libs from your Sense port... Moreover, the DJDroid is basically Desire sense + Froyo, so I shouldn't need those modification to the famework.jar (cause your Sense port has data working), right?

Edit: Ok, extracted wifi-related files from your Sense port and packed all. I'm going to flash...

Edited by Andrea1Liquid

Ehm...The wifi libs come from MIUI (as all the other things), but the boot.img from your Sense ROM. So have I to pick the wifi libs from your Sense port... Moreover, the DJDroid is basically Desire sense + Froyo, so I shouldn't need those modification to the famework.jar (cause your Sense port has data working), right?

It's not really workin well, it's quite buggy and you have to made annoying things at boot. I had to mod many things in frameworks.jar and Settings.apk to have something quite working.

It's more a hack than other.

For sure you will not have data working without modify something.

For the wifi, take the lib from this fix http://vache-android.com/files/sense/Fix1.zip

If you want to play with the DesireHD 1.04 dump. http://vache-android.com/files/sense/DesireHD-1.04.161.2.rar

Guest Andrea1Liquid

Thank you. Now it should work. It's flashing...Thanks for the links. I'll be hacking with frameworks soon :P

@Dario: Happy to see your success :D

Edit: fail. Not worried because now I have to try with bcm4329.ko from Fix1.

Edit 2: damn, didn't work... I copied all the wifi files from vache's Sense port and...Error.

Edited by Andrea1Liquid

Guest koudelka
It's not really workin well, it's quite buggy and you have to made annoying things at boot. I had to mod many things in frameworks.jar and Settings.apk to have something quite working.

It's more a hack than other.

For sure you will not have data working without modify something.

For the wifi, take the lib from this fix http://vache-android.com/files/sense/Fix1.zip

If you want to play with the DesireHD 1.04 dump. http://vache-android.com/files/sense/DesireHD-1.04.161.2.rar

you don't use dhd.ko in your sense rom? also you got bcm4329.ko to work? (I am currently working on compiling it myself, but it seems to be broken)

you don't use dhd.ko in your sense rom? also you got bcm4329.ko to work? (I am currently working on compiling it myself, but it seems to be broken)

It always worked for me without it.

Guest koudelka
It always worked for me without it.

but that is becasue phh loads dhd.ko in ramdisk right? so you should only need firmware, supplicant config and nvram.txt