[REQ FOR HELP] How to port a ROM to the Liquid

Guest Andrea1Liquid

Thank you Vache. I did exactly what you wrote, but the result is the same. :P

Forgot to say that you have to launch that command

adb shell mount -a

before pushing something in recovery mode. If not, new files are deleted at reboot.

Edited by vache

Guest Andrea1Liquid
Forgot to say that you have to launch that command

adb shell mount -a

before pushing something in recovery mode. If not, new files are deleted at reboot.

It gives me:

mount: mounting /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 on /system/sd failed: No such file or directory

It gives me:

mount: mounting /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 on /system/sd failed: No such file or directory

The command mount -a mounts all the partitions specified in the fstab. i think its an error with the name of the device (block). Did you just carry the fstab forward from the rom you're trying to port? it'll have to be liquid specific.

Sorry if im wrong. Just using my sys admin knowledge from linux. Don't have any clue about android devel. tongue.gif

Edited by Rajit

I'm using vold.conf and vold.fstab from MIUI, so they're liquid specific. Anyways I'm porting Evil NXSense HD. Crossfingers...

Ha got it, the error is in recovery. That's "normal" if you don't have a ext2. Not really an important message.

You can push files without problems.

P.S : linker or vold are not used in recovery. The recovery have it's own binairies/scripts.

Edited by vache

Guest Andrea1Liquid

So I don't have to use "mount..."? The problem is that the log is the same... :D Btw, 100 posts! :D

Edit: ah! What a stupid I am. I re read your message and I understood. :P

Edited by Andrea1Liquid

Guest Andrea1Liquid

Here's the updated log with linker:

I/DEBUG ( 63): debuggerd: Aug 19 2010 20:50:39

D/DHCP ( 71): failed to set ip addr for eth0 to 0.0.0.0: No such device

I/Vold ( 61): Vold 2.1 (the revenge) firing up

I/Netd ( 62): Netd 1.0 starting

D/Vold ( 61): Volume sdcard state changing -1 (Initializing) -> 0 (No-Media)

E/NetlinkEvent( 61): NetlinkEvent::FindParam(): Parameter 'NPARTS' not found

W/DirectVolume( 61): Kernel block uevent missing 'NPARTS'

D/Vold ( 61): Volume sdcard state changing 0 (No-Media) -> 2 (Pending)

E/NetlinkEvent( 61): NetlinkEvent::FindParam(): Parameter 'PARTN' not found

W/DirectVolume( 61): Kernel block uevent missing 'PARTN'

D/Vold ( 61): Volume sdcard state changing 2 (Pending) -> 1 (Idle-Unmounted)

W/Vold ( 61): Ignoring unknown switch 'MSM72K_UDC'

I'll go with Evil's NXSense HD which seems to have a simpler to solve error (http://pastebin.com/80cBSd7V).

Edit: I probably fixed the Evil's NXSense HD problem. Flashing...I looked into it: it's a very cool ROM.

Edit 2: The "fix" caused an error. Fixed (I hope). Packing...

Edit 3: Incorrect fix. Fixing again :P...

Edited by Andrea1Liquid

Here's the updated log with linker:

I/DEBUG ( 63): debuggerd: Aug 19 2010 20:50:39

D/DHCP ( 71): failed to set ip addr for eth0 to 0.0.0.0: No such device

I/Vold ( 61): Vold 2.1 (the revenge) firing up

I/Netd ( 62): Netd 1.0 starting

D/Vold ( 61): Volume sdcard state changing -1 (Initializing) -> 0 (No-Media)

E/NetlinkEvent( 61): NetlinkEvent::FindParam(): Parameter 'NPARTS' not found

W/DirectVolume( 61): Kernel block uevent missing 'NPARTS'

D/Vold ( 61): Volume sdcard state changing 0 (No-Media) -> 2 (Pending)

E/NetlinkEvent( 61): NetlinkEvent::FindParam(): Parameter 'PARTN' not found

W/DirectVolume( 61): Kernel block uevent missing 'PARTN'

D/Vold ( 61): Volume sdcard state changing 2 (Pending) -> 1 (Idle-Unmounted)

W/Vold ( 61): Ignoring unknown switch 'MSM72K_UDC'

I'll go with Evil's NXSense HD which seems to have a simpler to solve error (http://pastebin.com/80cBSd7V).

Edit: I probably fixed the Evil's NXSense HD problem. Flashing...I looked into it: it's a very cool ROM.

Edit 2: The "fix" caused an error. Fixed (I hope). Packing...

Edit 3: Incorrect fix. Fixing again :P...

You may start again from scratch, i'm pretty sure you replaced a file you shouldn't.

Guest Andrea1Liquid

Unfortunately none of them boot atm. :P

@Vache: yes, I should start it again. Now I'm concentrated on the port of Evil's D NXSense HD 0.4.

Vache, Koud, I need your help: I'm veeery close to boot Evil's Desire HD port. It passes the point where the previous ROM was stuck at, but then it can't find fonts that are in fact present and has problem with library that exist. I'm very close...So here's the log: http://pastebin.com/fMvG2Wf1. The story is that Evil, because of lack of space in system, stored /costumization, /app, /fonts in data and other in ext. I putted all in data (70 mb in /data after that) and symlinked all the folders. The problem in the log is in the fonts (and in libraries). I checked and those fonts are present in /data/system-fonts (symlinked to /system/fonts). What is going on, in your opinion? I can't understand it...here's the pastebin of my update-script: http://pastebin.com/hQHKB47c.

Edited by Andrea1Liquid

Unfortunately none of them boot atm. :P

@Vache: yes, I should start it again. Now I'm concentrated on the port of Evil's D NXSense HD 0.4.

Vache, Koud, I need your help: I'm veeery close to boot Evil's Desire HD port. It passes the point where the previous ROM was stuck at, but then it can't find fonts that are in fact present and has problem with library that exist. I'm very close...So here's the log: http://pastebin.com/fMvG2Wf1. The story is that Evil, because of lack of space in system, stored /costumization, /app, /fonts in data and other in ext. I putted all in data (70 mb in /data after that) and symlinked all the folders. The problem in the log is in the fonts (and in libraries). I checked and those fonts are present in /data/system-fonts (symlinked to /system/fonts). What is going on, in your opinion? I can't understand it...here's the pastebin of my update-script: http://pastebin.com/hQHKB47c.

You have to add /system/framework/com.orange.authentication.simcard.jar in the bootclasspath in init.rc.

Guest Andrea1Liquid
You have to add /system/framework/com.orange.authentication.simcard.jar in the bootclasspath in init.rc.

Yes, ser! :D

Edit: Strange...It's not present! What should I do?

Edit 2: I extracted the init.rc from the dump you passed me and guess what? That string was present...(of course because the dump is from an orange ROM :P <---me)... :D But now you have to explain me how did you find the error XD

Edited by Andrea1Liquid

Yes, ser! :P

Edit: Strange...It's not present! What should I do?

export BOOTCLASSPATH /system/framework/core.jar:/system/framework/ext.jar:/system/framework/framework.jar:/system/framework/android.policy.jar:/system/framework/services.jar:/system/framework/com.htc.framework.jar:/system/framework/com.htc.android.pimlib.jar:/system/framework/com.htc.android.easopen.jar:/system/framework/com.scalado.util.ScaladoUtil.jar:/system/framework/com.orange.authentication.simcard.jar

Guest Dario93

This morning i was able to flash HTC ported roms without problems,but now,when i try to flash a ROM i'm trying to port, malez recovery always gives me this error (or other messages like this) :

E: Can't simlink /system/xbin/[

E:Failure at line ...(it depends of the error)

symlink busybox SYSTEM:xbin/[

What can i do??

Thanks

Edited by Dario93

Guest Andrea1Liquid
	export BOOTCLASSPATH /system/framework/core.jar:/system/framework/ext.jar:/system/framework/framework.jar:/system/framework/android.policy.jar:/system/framework/services.jar:/system/framework/com.htc.framework.jar:/system/framework/com.htc.android.pimlib.jar:/system/framework/com.htc.android.easopen.jar:/system/framework/com.scalado.util.ScaladoUtil.jar:/system/framework/com.orange.authentication.simcard.jar

Ahahah! I was saying the init.rc...XD Btw, I'm flashing...A curiosity: How did you find the error?

Guest Andrea1Liquid
This morning i was able to flash HTC ported roms without problems,but now,when i try to flash a ROM i'm trying to port, malez recovery always gives me this error (or other messages like this) :

E: Can't simlink /system/xbin/[

E:Failure at line ...(it depends of the error)

symlink busybox SYSTEM:xbin/[

What can i do??

Thanks

It happened to me twice. It happens when you replace files you didn't have to replace in bin or xbin folders. You have to redo the ports substituting only the 3 *_yamaha (at least for now).

Guest Dario93
It happened to me twice. It happens when you replace files you didn't have to replace in bin or xbin folders. You have to redo the ports substituting only the 3 *_yamaha (at least for now).

Ok thanks! Retrying...