Do you want a spare battery?

Guest jsplace

As a heavy user of my Orange SF, I´d definitely be interested in getting a spare battery or two for it.

It´s my first Android device and for the price seems like a decent phone.

:P

Guest jsplace

OK Guys, this is a no go. The number of people interested in this is nowhere near what is needed to even make minimum order quantity. (By a factor of at least 5!)

I have found another supplier who will take a much lower minimum quantity, but the price quoted is completely unrealistic. With import taxes and costs we would be looking at a price to the end user of over £40!

Having spoken to a guy in Orange sales it seems unlikely that anyone is likely to manufacture spare batteries as the expected sales volume is quite low. (I have promised not to reveal actual figures and will stick to this as I should not have had this info in the first place)

Its a shame but seems the only hope is that ZTE or another will manufacture a mainstream phone with the same battery that is not tied to one operator in one country.

It was worth a look anyway and if I find another manufacturer with lower minimum order quantities at a reasonable cost then I will let you all know.

I will update 1st post with this info also.

Its a shame but seems the only hope is that ZTE or another will manufacture a mainstream phone with the same battery that is not tied to one operator in one country.

Bouygues Telecom is probably releasing the stock ZTE Blade in France this week and Orange FR is releasing the French counterpart of the San Francisco (Tactile Internet 2) in November.

Guest jsplace
Bouygues Telecom is probably releasing the stock ZTE Blade in France this week and Orange FR is releasing the French counterpart of the San Francisco (Tactile Internet 2) in November.

The stock ZTE blade does not use the same battery as the SF unfortunately. Whilst the phone looks like a Blade and shares most of its components it is in fact NOT a stock ZTE Blade.

Guest oh!dougal
OK Guys, this is a no go. The number of people interested in this is nowhere near what is needed to even make minimum order quantity. (By a factor of at least 5!)

I have found another supplier who will take a much lower minimum quantity, but the price quoted is completely unrealistic. With import taxes and costs we would be looking at a price to the end user of over £40!

Having spoken to a guy in Orange sales it seems unlikely that anyone is likely to manufacture spare batteries as the expected sales volume is quite low. (I have promised not to reveal actual figures and will stick to this as I should not have had this info in the first place)

It was worth a look anyway and if I find another manufacturer with lower minimum order quantities at a reasonable cost then I will let you all know.

Ummmm.

Would it be possible/worthwhile to approach ZTE to distribute original batteries as accessories and spares?

Guest dadashi
The stock ZTE blade does not use the same battery as the SF unfortunately. Whilst the phone looks like a Blade and shares most of its components it is in fact NOT a stock ZTE Blade.

better or worse battery? or the wrong size?

Would it be possible/worthwhile to approach ZTE to distribute original batteries as accessories and spares?

might be possible, they must have a supply of spares for guarantee claimants...

Guest jsplace
better or worse battery? or the wrong size?

might be possible, they must have a supply of spares for guarantee claimants...

Wrong size, it does not fit in the battery bay, by about 2mm...

And you could try ZTE, although bear in mind that they don't manufacture the batteries themselves, I approached the company that makes the batteries for them and was told that they cannot supply me as they are under contract to ZTE.

I just wonder is there a battery for any other device which is with similar dimensions and pins placement. I am searching around...the problem is that it is difficult to find info about battery dimensions easy. Hope we will find one :P

Cheers!

When searching in google for battery "orange san francisco" a few

advertise "A brand new Orange San Francisco compatible battery" .

Too good to be true I suppose?

Sounds like a SPAM...No info about the battery just this BIG topics ...If someone have extra 6-7 pounds can try ...but I will wait for some more not so spammy adv. :P

Guest JSbrand
Sounds like a SPAM...No info about the battery just this BIG topics ...If someone have extra 6-7 pounds can try ...but I will wait for some more not so spammy adv. :)

I agree, it does not sound genuine.

Guest oh!dougal
Wrong size, it does not fit in the battery bay, by about 2mm...

If its too SMALL and the contacts are in the right places, there might even be a market for made-to-measure 2mm spacers ...

I may have secured a channel for spare batteries directly from ZTE, they would have to send boxes of 15 unites with a price of roughly £15 - £20 per unit by the time it's delivered to you.

Anyone interested?

Guest flatnote31
I may have secured a channel for spare batteries directly from ZTE, they would have to send boxes of 15 unites with a price of roughly £15 - £20 per unit by the time it's delivered to you.

Anyone interested?

Similar batteries?

same dimensions, capacity and performance?

Similar batteries?

same dimensions, capacity and performance?

original batteries direct from ZTE manufactured for the Sanfrancisco, just the same as the one that came with it!

Guest flatnote31
original batteries direct from ZTE manufactured for the Sanfrancisco, just the same as the one that came with it!

might get one for experimenting

connecting it in parallel with the original one would be a 50% cut down in the charging span, but double time on the charger

it's a matter of aesthetics again... how to get a custom back-cover!

Guest oh!dougal

Anyone interested?

If its Hobson's choice (no choice) then they will find homes.

When/if people put a couple of packs int their sea-freight container of other stuff, you would have price competition.

Until then, if its cheaper than a complete phone, there will be some demand.

Personally, I don't want one right now, but I'll probably NEED one in about 12/18 months time. Unless the battery costs more than the phone is then worth ... !

Doesn't affect me these days, but some folks might be interested to know what the VAT invoice position might be.

Guest milkykung

Anyone interested?

That sounds good. I'm very interested and thinking to look for a desktop charger for this extra battery as well. It might be more convenient to be out and about ^.^

Please keep us updated :)

Cheers,

Doesn't affect me these days, but some folks might be interested to know what the VAT invoice position might be.

Not sure about the VAT invoice position, as far as I can see I would be paying VAT on the import so that would get passed on in the price I'm charging, but I'm not VAT registered and not running a business so no VAT receipts.

Guest oh!dougal
Not sure about the VAT invoice position, as far as I can see I would be paying VAT on the import so that would get passed on in the price I'm charging, but I'm not VAT registered and not running a business so no VAT receipts.

Yes, that's what I was meaning.

If a VAT registered entity does the import, then they can claim the import-VAT back (so its not part of the 'cost' that has to be passed on). BUT they do have to charge VAT when they sell on, and VAT-registered user-buyers can then reclaim that VAT.