Guest StevenHarperUK

Fantastic work. Bugs effecting me

HTC IME keyboard crashes

AGENDA widget crashes

NO SOUND on tvcatcup.com

OTHERWISE great work.

Loving move to sd

Guest stephen m
Yupp, changing the density value corrects all display problems.

Hi, I changed the density value from 160 to 240, but when I flash it it comes up with an error and states 'aborting installation'. Can anyone talk me through it please. It take it this should resolve the small icon and dialer issues. Also I rooted the phone before but it's not allowing it to run rooted apps?? Thanks

Guest fluxcapacitor
When I flashed earlier, i experienced a tiny dialer, tiny lock screen and tiny notification bar. Are they remedied when changing the lcd density back to its stock value?

The lock screen is fine on mine, but dialer looks small. IF you like the rest then just use "Dialer one" from the app store as it scales fine.

For other apps that dont go full screen, get "Spare Parts" and untick compatability mode.

I rooted with Androot and then just use this app here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=765639

to change the LCD density

Edited by fluxcapacitor

Guest x.balli.x
great work, I did have the problem with the market not downloading but I backed up, restored 2.1 then restored 2.2 and it works now.

Calendar FC's though.

if you have read above you would have done this.....simply go to settings>privacy>factory reset

phone restarts and you are done

worked for me and for others aswell

Guest IronDoc
no probs gimme 5

sorted hear ya go, just stick on ya sd card, boot to clockwork, then choose zip and voila, excellant work by all the guys working on these roms, and yeh forgot to rotate cos im a narna lol

when you use lcddensity it works straight away, shootme u need to try accept a few times cos itl say no root, but after a few times it works, proof as about

Thanks guys. Accidentally reapplied the alpha and now I'm messing about with the market >.<

Does anyone else find that the market only works if data connection is allowed, regardless of the status of the wifi?

Thanks guys. Accidentally reapplied the alpha and now I'm messing about with the market >.<

Does anyone else find that the market only works if data connection is allowed, regardless of the status of the wifi?

Yeah, there seems to be a fault with the WiFi reporting an incorrect MAC address to the system, and the Google servers are returning an error 400 response:

E/CheckinTask(  372): Checkin failed: https://android.clients.google.com/checkin (request #0)

E/CheckinTask(  372): java.io.IOException: Rejected response from server: HTTP/1.1 400 invalid hardware identifier: "00.26.37.BC.23.B4" is not a valid MAC address (expect 12 hex digits)

I can't currently add any Google accounts to my device, as I've not had it unlocked, and I don't have another SIM card I can use. Myself and a friend have been looking for the cause of this problem, but we've not come up with anything this far.

It's still far more reliable than the 2.1 builds. I've not had a single 100% CPU on boot issue, and I've not had B&W camera previews at all like I did with the previous 2.1 builds.

Guest southpaw1

Awesome work Ste , and all the other devs who pulled together , many thanks for your time and effort , much appreciated however i have a small issue

updated via clockwork ,now my sf wont mount on my vista pc , strange , working fine on Sebs r4 rom , now gettin driver errors , any ideas please guys , downloaded various drivers for blade , browsed to them in driver update/device manager , but keep gettin

" windows could not find driver software for your device "

any pointers most welcome

Guest MIKEYMC
Such awesome work. Why is this version so fast?? Is there a work around to allow google account addition on wifi only?

Very interested in trying this out. But any chance we could have the first post updated with any major faults and fixes? Very time consuming trying to read through pages upon pages of posts.

Guest southpaw1

yes , i was thinkin along them lines , more so for the devs who are workin on this , maybe it would be easier for them to have a seperate thread with only bug reports

Guest southpaw1
Very interested in trying this out. But any chance we could have the first post updated with any major faults and fixes? Very time consuming trying to read through pages upon pages of posts.

i know mate , its awful isnt it , then again , not as time consumin as the devs have put into this for our benefit , lol

Just wondering if anyone has been able to get calendar working? The one thing holding me back from switching..

I tried copying the calendar apks from another froyo rom and it ran a bit longer but still force closed (I really don't have a clue what i'm doing but it seemed worth a try).

I would just wait a little for a dev to sort the issues and compile a new update. It would seem the issues presented have work arounds already. Apart from wifi mac.

The smothness over r4 is amazing.

Edited by swwils

Guest IronDoc

Are people able to use Appbrain's Fast Web Installer? When I run it on the phone it says it registered successfully but the Appbrain list on the website says it's not available.

Edit: I get instant uninstalls but not installs; weird.

Edited by IronDoc

Guest MIKEYMC
i know mate , its awful isnt it , then again , not as time consumin as the devs have put into this for our benefit , lol

Well you tend to get people asking about the same thing ever other page. If theres a known bug and fix and its in the first post then would keep the thread tidy. Used for bugs not reported yet.

Im sure the devs get enjoyment from this, i doubt they'd do it other wise.

Guest birdibird

great rom!

found 3 bugs (some already mentioned)

HTC IME keyboard crashes

CALENDAR crashes

RADIO sound on earphone switches off after a few seconds

Guest StevenHarperUK
Just wondering if anyone has been able to get calendar working? The one thing holding me back from switching..

I tried copying the calendar apks from another froyo rom and it ran a bit longer but still force closed (I really don't have a clue what i'm doing but it seemed worth a try).

I am using CalWidget to show me a full page of calender , haven't spotted any crashes yet.

Guest StevenHarperUK
Well you tend to get people asking about the same thing ever other page. If theres a known bug and fix and its in the first post then would keep the thread tidy. Used for bugs not reported yet.

Im sure the devs get enjoyment from this, i doubt they'd do it other wise.

I'd rather the ROM development carried on rather than DEV's trying to help us all, we seem to be finding work rounds for most things.

Maybe a Known Bugs / Fixes thread (named as ALPHA 1 - and maintained by a 3rd party - not a dev) so we can keep it sweet - with all the info updated in the first POST.

Then obviously drop it as ALPHA 2 or whatever next arrives.

Guest Kame_boy
Just noticed Dialer has taken 91% of the battery useage, that's an odd glitch!

Same problem here! Dialer has gone rogue.

Here are some of my findings with this rom. I have changed lcd density to 240 and i wiped (factory reset etc) and wiped cache and dalvik cache prior to installing the rom, from clockworkmod recovery. I have not needed to fiddle with gtalk or something like that to get market working.

1) Dialer is stealing battery according to battery stats. I haven't really noticed any drop in battery-life but then again i have only used it for about 24 hours. I tried freezing the Dialer app with titanium backup but it is still using up my battery. Also, i can't call anybody with it frozen.

2) Calendar app is a bit dodgy. I got it working as usual, but then this afternoon when i rebooted the phone Launcherpro started FC'ing on me and i tracked down the problem to beeing the Calendar widget i had on my desktop. Turns out the whole calendar app was refusing to cooperate and force/closing. At the same time, the default/standard "email" client was refusing to launch. Don't know if these two are related.

After a while the calendar started working again (after google apps had synced something i guess), but i will not add the calendar widget to launcherpro (had to reinstall it a couple of times because of this)

3) MMS is working, it seems. Together with HSDPA (3G+), however i cannot change the APN settings, since they are greyed out. Strange, but im glad it's working properly.

4) Assisted GPS is offline as someone reported a few pages ago. Would be nice to have this enabled, even though i haven't tested this before in my life :P

5) Facebook account sync is not working either, i believe someone wrote about this earlier.

6) Some of the problems this rom has solved for me are stuttering UI and sound, MMS functionality, HSDPA (i had speeds around 200 kB/s and now its about 10 times faster). Responsiveness of the touchscreen was almost barable but now it's excellent, and wifi tethering is an enormous bonus to have working from scratch.

A couple of humble requests (don't even know how possible this is)

-DSP-Manager type of app for audio EQ would be greatly appreciated. This exists in CM6 and i assume it's not very easy to implement to other roms, but it still would be awesome. (some info here)

-I was wondering if hardware acceleration as in the 2.1 r4 -rom is at all sensible on froyo. Could this be done or enabled by hand?

Apart from all of this the rom is working great and im using it as 24/7. I have had minimal trouble with market giving me the unsuccessful downloads but it seems to work itself out.

Thanks a lot! Earlier roms were so laggy it was starting to become a dealbreaker, but this is awesome!

Edited by Kame_boy

Guest popoyaya
Same problem here! Dialer has gone rogue.

Here are some of my findings with this rom. I have changed lcd density to 240 and i wiped (factory reset etc) and wiped cache and dalvik cache prior to installing the rom, from clockworkmod recovery. I have not needed to fiddle with gtalk or something like that to get market working.

1) Dialer is stealing battery according to battery stats. I haven't really noticed any drop in battery-life but then again i have only used it for about 24 hours. I tried freezing the Dialer app with titanium backup but it is still using up my battery. Also, i can't call anybody with it frozen.

2) Calendar app is a bit dodgy. I got it working as usual, but then this afternoon when i rebooted the phone Launcherpro started FC'ing on me and i tracked down the problem to beeing the Calendar widget i had on my desktop. Turns out the whole calendar app was refusing to cooperate and force/closing. At the same time, the default/standard "email" client was refusing to launch. Don't know if these two are related.

After a while the calendar started working again (after google apps had synced something i guess), but i will not add the calendar widget to launcherpro (had to reinstall it a couple of times because of this)

3) MMS is working, it seems. Together with HSDPA (3G+), however i cannot change the APN settings, since they are greyed out. Strange, but im glad it's working properly.

4) Assisted GPS is offline as someone reported a few pages ago. Would be nice to have this enabled, even though i haven't tested this before in my life :P

5) Facebook account sync is not working either, i believe someone wrote about this earlier.

6) Some of the problems this rom has solved for me are stuttering UI and sound, MMS functionality, HSDPA (i had speeds around 200 kB/s and now its about 10 times faster). Responsiveness of the touchscreen was almost barable but now it's excellent, and wifi tethering is an enormous bonus to have working from scratch.

A couple of humble requests (don't even know how possible this is)

-DSP-Manager type of app for audio EQ would be greatly appreciated. This exists in CM6 and i assume it's not very easy to implement to other roms, but it still would be awesome. (some info here)

-I was wondering if hardware acceleration as in the 2.1 r4 -rom is at all sensible on froyo. Could this be done or enabled by hand?

Apart from all of this the rom is working great and im using it as 24/7. I have had minimal trouble with market giving me the unsuccessful downloads but it seems to work itself out.

Thanks a lot! Earlier roms were so laggy it was starting to become a dealbreaker, but this is awesome!

dialler & facebook sync working fine here.

[edit] you're right! just checked battery stats and dialler is consuming 82% of the power. can make calls ok though. i notice in task manager there are 2 entries for dialler. is this normal?

Edited by popoyaya

Guest abdn-android
Awesome work Ste , and all the other devs who pulled together , many thanks for your time and effort , much appreciated however i have a small issue

updated via clockwork ,now my sf wont mount on my vista pc , strange , working fine on Sebs r4 rom , now gettin driver errors , any ideas please guys , downloaded various drivers for blade , browsed to them in driver update/device manager , but keep gettin

" windows could not find driver software for your device "

any pointers most welcome

Hey, I got the drivers mostly fixed (for Windows 7 64 bit) by using the ones linked in post #155 in this thread. I downloaded then and then I had to edit one thing in the 'android_winusb.inf'. First download those drivers, then:

1. Open 'android_winusb.inf' with notepad

2. Go to the first section with 'Orange San Francisco 2.2'

3. Delete the leading ';' on the two lines (second and third line following 'Orange San Francisco 2.2')

4. Go to the second section with 'Orange San Francisco 2.2'

5. Delete the leading ';' on the three lines (second, third, and fourth line following this 'Orange San Francisco 2.2')

6. Save the file

When prompted for ZTE driver, point to this directory and you should be good (it worked for 3 of the 4 ZTE devices detected and now lets me run ABD).