ZTE Blade/San Francisco Unofficial Froyo Build

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest jimmy2x2x
...hmm tried that, but no joy for me here :P

Same issue for me, I had market working fine but had the calender problem - so I reset to factory, calendar worked fine but then wouldn't connect to market.

I formatted my SD card

booted into recovery

formatted system,data,cache

reinstalled 2.2

did a factory reset

rebooted

and still the same wouldnt connect to market

Ive been trying for about 3 hours now, nothing, always refuses.

I can connect to my gmail account, update my calender etc.. just not market or talk.

Given up for now, back to R4 for the time being.

Guest hero protagonist

Hi there,

here is what works for me market&gtalk wise.

1. go into clockwork

2. wipe

3. install rom

4. reboot

5. select factory reset in privacy settings

6. reboot

7. connect via gsm/3g (NOT wifi)

8. add your gmail acount

9. start market

10. download anything from market (should work, if not try again from 5)

11. as soon as the download starts (you see a progress bar) you can switch on wifi

from now on market, calender and gtalk shoud work

Same issue for me, I had market working fine but had the calender problem - so I reset to factory, calendar worked fine but then wouldn't connect to market.

I formatted my SD card

booted into recovery

formatted system,data,cache

reinstalled 2.2

did a factory reset

rebooted

and still the same wouldnt connect to market

Ive been trying for about 3 hours now, nothing, always refuses.

I can connect to my gmail account, update my calender etc.. just not market or talk.

Given up for now, back to R4 for the time being.

check your apn's are correct. i had this problem and had to input new apn's. seems it has to connect over mobile data before using wifi alone.

Guest coupedummy

I like the new firmware very smooth but cant log into market place.Says unable to maintain established network.states this on both wifi and 3g but can browse the net ok...

Guest IronDoc
check your apn's are correct. i had this problem and had to input new apn's. seems it has to connect over mobile data before using wifi alone.

I think your right about that. If you leave mobile data on for your first connect then it should work with it off afterwards. At least that's how mine seemed to be.

On an unrelated note, I'm getting quite a few FCs. I wouldn't recommend it for full-time use like some people here seem to be doing (though I will be using it). Do these just bother the rest of you less or are you not getting them?

Eg Good Morning, HTC IME Keyboard and Seven email all FC.

Guest Hands0n
I have just applied the latest 2.2 update and it has removed the sim lock. :P

Really? Thats interesting - although I'll not feel too bad about lashing out $3 for the unlock from NCK codes. But if someone has "accidentally" found a way of unlocking while applying a replacement ROM that would be a magic outcome.

NB: I just applied the two patches - is there any particular point or benefit in going for the full update instead? Is there other "stuff" in there?

Guest hero protagonist
NB: I just applied the two patches - is there any particular point or benefit in going for the full update instead? Is there other "stuff" in there?

nope - you're good

Still can't stabilise market / gtalk / other general operations when on wi-fi.

Using data then wifi worked fine once, but now wifi doesn't allow g.account adds / talk sync / market any more.

Tough choice as this rom is so so so much quicker than r4.

Edited by swwils

I think your right about that. If you leave mobile data on for your first connect then it should work with it off afterwards. At least that's how mine seemed to be.

On an unrelated note, I'm getting quite a few FCs. I wouldn't recommend it for full-time use like some people here seem to be doing (though I will be using it). Do these just bother the rest of you less or are you not getting them?

Eg Good Morning, HTC IME Keyboard and Seven email all FC.

Im using it day to day, its running smoother than any other rom available just now, for me at least. Only problem i have now that i didnt before is the wifi. I can switch it on, but it no longer connects unless i go into the wifi settings and press connect to my router. Its a minor niggle for me.

I have just applied the latest 2.2 update and it has removed the sim lock. :P

I noticed this too. I had such problems with the last Blade I had, that I returned

it, and got a new one. I hadn't sim unlocked it yet, but so many of the problems

vanished, I thought I would get it unlocked.

It didn't like my 3UK sim card in 2.1, so I just assumed it wouldn't in 2.2 (as I've

never seen it happen before) so I ordered another code for this one. I put the

sim card in to boot it and enter the code, and it worked fine without having to

enter the code. I wish I'd checked first tbh.

One good thing is that we can examine how the new rom has removed this lock,

and try and reverse engineer it to make a free community unlocker.

Guest StickyGeko

re market lol theres me thinking ive boshed my rom somehow, wiped reloaded, wiped again reloaded lol, but phew its the app markets thats got the probs not my rom hahaha

Guest abdn-android

Well I amend my theory of 'misreporting' on the Dialer and am now suspicious that it actually is doing something and eating up my battery... my Blade's battery is running down much faster than my wife's Blade (she has r4 installed). Is everyone seeing Dialer consuming most of the Battery under 'settings->about phone->battery use' (95%+ for me)?

Well I amend my theory of 'misreporting' on the Dialer and am now suspicious that it actually is doing something and eating up my battery... my Blade's battery is running down much faster than my wife's Blade (she has r4 installed). Is everyone seeing Dialer consuming most of the Battery under 'settings->about phone->battery use' (95%+ for me)?

Yepp 97% here :P

Guest Evil Disco Guy
Hey, guys, has any one noticed random money getting taken off your account?

Just checked my Unbilled Usage and don't see any random charges. I do remember that Android System had only used about 4% of the battery while on R4 my Android System usage is 84%.

Guest StevenHarperUK
Just checked my Unbilled Usage and don't see any random charges. I do remember that Android System had only used about 4% of the battery while on R4 my Android System usage is 84%.

Same here, the new 2.2 dialer seems to enjoy battery.....

Definitely something to target in ALPHA 2 (or a quick fix?)

EDIT : no charges on me too

Edited by StevenHarperUK