ZTE Blade/San Francisco Unofficial Froyo Build

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Hands0n

Okay - so we lost root in the process. Is it just a matter of re-doing the root routine?

EDIT: Re-did root - now have permanent green Android at boot. Looks like a trip back to R4

Edited by Hands0n

Guest IronDoc
Okay - so we lost root in the process. Is it just a matter of re-doing the root routine?

EDIT: Re-did root - now have permanent green Android at boot. Looks like a trip back to R4

There's an update you can apply with Clockwork a couple of pages back.

took the dive and loaded up froyo. Followed all the excellent advise on here and all is now working well. Not too worried about Batt Stats showing dialer percentage because i think this simply tells me what percentage of the battery is being used by what; i.e. if dialer is using 60percent that simply means that whatever drainage there is on the battery 60percent of it is down to the dialer, but if the battery drain is low than 60percent of low is still low...

I also had the problem of FC on the calendar but over at the xda forum there was a hint on how to repair. I simply let it synch to my google calendar and once complete i was able to open up calader 2.2 with no problems.

So far all is working, I did notice in build.prop the heap size has been changed to 48m from my previous 24m!

One final observation, froyo does not feel any smoother than my previous r3 rom.

Keep up the good work guys and well done for getting froyo onto our SF mobis. :P

EDIT: The other issue outstanding is the FM Radio coming on momentarily and then off again. I've downloaded a volume widget which gives access to all volume settings. I've noticed that when I have Radio running in the background, if i open the vol widget and move the 'media vol' it brings the radio back to life momentarily again (as if i had closed off the radio and re-opened it) but goes off again after the usual short period. Don't know if its relevant but i thought i'd report it here.

Edited by xzyk

Guest dadashi
.... If you leave mobile data on for your first connect then it should work with it off afterwards....

Dito...Android Specific for all ROMs...

Edited by dadashi

Yesterday, I flashed the froyo rom (with patches) and everything looked good, but I ran into problems restoring my apps

from Titanium (paid version). I could select the apps to restore, but as soon as I started the actual restore operation, the phone rebooted. Even selecting just one app caused this to happen as well.

I did notice that if I manually installed an app from the apk file and then used Titanium to restore just the data for the app, it worked ok.

I think it may be something to do with having been on MCR4 with a2sd and (obviously) the froyo rom uses the "new fangled" a2sd.

Are there any plans to include "old school" a2sd (i.e. using ext2 partition) in this rom? Is it something I could do myself?

I know it's very early days for this rom, and I REALLY appreciate the efforts of all concerned, so don't flame me for asking!

Guest southeastblue

Just as some extra input about this rom unlocking my phone to enable the use of an O2 simcard which immediately popped up with a 3G signal, strangely though my 3 UK simcard couldn't find it's network so didn't work...

Looking forward to an updated version of this rom though, with the bugs ironed out. :P

Guest daniel_owen_uk
Just in case anyone is interested, although the HTC keyboard fc's on this rom, the touchpal which came with the stock orange works fine.

How did you get it working?

Guest jdtanner
Great Job! Something like that was definitely needed. Thanks.

Great idea, perhaps the first post could be updated to reflect the fact that we now have a pseudo bug-tracker :P

John

Edited by jdtanner

How did you get it working?

Touchpal? I just copied the .apk from the stock rom to my sdcard and installed it by running it. Then in settings>keyboard I selected it and then on a text input box did a long press and selected touchpal as my input method.

Guest daniel_owen_uk
Touchpal? I just copied the .apk from the stock rom to my sdcard and installed it by running it. Then in settings>keyboard I selected it and then on a text input box did a long press and selected touchpal as my input method.

Couldn't upload the APK somewhere? Save me loading a rom I don't want :P

Guest jimmy2x2x
I am using CalWidget to show me a full page of calender , haven't spotted any crashes yet.

Can you get CalWidget to open the calender at all? It seems to ignore the setting for me

It displays the info fine, just won't open the calender for me

Couldn't upload the APK somewhere? Save me loading a rom I don't want :P

Just download the rom, extract the zip, and look in "system/app" and you should find the apk you need.

market has been playing up a bit last few days

your not wrong!

let me thank you for the best rom so for this fone!

most of the "reported problems" for this rom, i have not had!

unless there is hardware revisions on the handsets,i cant understand why.

the light sensor works perfect,not had 1 problem with the market,rooted fine after update in busybox tho ti backup.

i installed through clockwork mod,with rom backup and wipe.been on my fone since and apart from battery(rogue dailer...) and gps its a incredible step forward!

had much worse roms on my hero,after weeks of dev.

Guest rickywyatt

could some one pls wite a list of all apps in startmenu as im trying to make this with default icons

Edited by rickywyatt

Thought I'd leave my feedback.

I flashed the resolution-fixed, gps-fixed update (update2.2.zip) from a few pages back in accordance with the advice given on the wiki page, i.e. wipe everything, flash, factory reset, connect via 3G etc.

It's worked a treat! Market was stubborn at first but has since started working normally.

Wifi is fine, for me (I realise others have issues)

GPS locates very quickly indeed, I need to confirm it's acquiring the location properly in the proper manner though.

Like others, HTC IME_Mod FC's, and I lost root, but fixed that with Univeral Androot from XDA Forum.

Quadrant benchmarks it 916 (only did it once), and ADW Launcher (Standalone) runs very nicely indeed.

It's going to be my 'daily driver' as the saying goes, apart from my preferred keyboard not working everything else is absolutely fantastic.

I'll try out all the features of the phone (it'll take me a few days) and I'll try and compile a list of non-working stuff for you guys to discuss.

Thanks to Stephen and co, Stephen, you're doing Co. Durham proud kidda! (Born and raised in Peterlee! Got out in the end though :P )

Thought I'd leave my feedback.

I flashed the resolution-fixed, gps-fixed update (update2.2.zip) from a few pages back in accordance with the advice given on the wiki page, i.e. wipe everything, flash, factory reset, connect via 3G etc.

It's worked a treat! Market was stubborn at first but has since started working normally.

Wifi is fine, for me (I realise others have issues)

GPS locates very quickly indeed, I need to confirm it's acquiring the location properly in the proper manner though.

Like others, HTC IME_Mod FC's, and I lost root, but fixed that with Univeral Androot from XDA Forum.

Quadrant benchmarks it 916 (only did it once), and ADW Launcher (Standalone) runs very nicely indeed.

It's going to be my 'daily driver' as the saying goes, apart from my preferred keyboard not working everything else is absolutely fantastic.

I'll try out all the features of the phone (it'll take me a few days) and I'll try and compile a list of non-working stuff for you guys to discuss.

Thanks to Stephen and co, Stephen, you're doing Co. Durham proud kidda! (Born and raised in Peterlee! Got out in the end though :P )

On the HTC IME, has anyone tried the non patched one to see if it works? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=624416

Paul needed to put a fix on it to make it work for 2.1 but maybe the original is fine for 2.2??

Edited by ri4z