1click app2sd now includes 1 click root

Guest joestone

Guest Techkingpin
How the script works :

It copies the contents of the selected folders to the sd ext2 partition . It does not removes the copied files from the phone , because in the case of sd failure or sd removal the phone will be able to bootup. The removal process removes the files and directories needed to app2sd operate normally , but leaves the ext2 untouched.

To use it you need to turn on the USB Debugging mode on the phone .Create the ext2 if not exists .The first partitition should be FAT if your card is smaller than 4GB and should be FAT32 if bigger than 4 GB. The second partition should be ext2. Both partition must be primary.

Dont forget to restart the phone and turn off mass storage mode after creation of the ext2.Download the zip file , extract it and run autorootapp2sd.bat on your pc.

You can use app2sd even if your phone is not rooted.

The attached pdf contains the guide how to create the ext2.

MOD:

The script has the possibilities to turn on root. The root and unroot function is the same as 1 click root .

MOD2:

There was abug in the root function , a bad version of superuser.apk was included . Now it is replaced.

Please help me, I do like you says all, but when i take 4 it says ADB conection reset wait until reset something like that and window just close and nothing then.I have the same problem with root but i root it with program Z4Mod root. I use windows 7 64bit. what i need to do. Please help

Guest schnellvin

Best Practices:

1) Make sure that you uninstall/ remove all the apps before you use this app2sd, this way your phone memory stays free. even better if you do a factory reset.

2) follow the instructions in the pdf file (the first post from joe). i recommed to use 500MB for the ext2 partition

3) connect your phone to usb

4) turn on the developing usb mode

5) run the autorootapp2sd.bat

6) choose option (2) for english

7) root your phone by choosing option ®. at the end of the process, it will ask you to reboot the phone, so wait for it.

8) reboot your phone and close autorootapp2sd.bat

9) wait until you phone is back on (the usb cable is still connected).

10) run autorootapp2sd.bat again and this time choose option (4) for a full app2sd install. it will copy all your installed APPS (if you did not do a factory reset) to the NEW ext2 partition and all the apps will run from there. At th end of the process it will ask you to reboot your phone.

11) reboot your phone and wait.

12) now you should unroot your phone. this time choose option (u) when running autorootapp2sd.bat. at the end of the process it will ask you to reboot your phone.

13) reboot your phone and wait. app2sd works in the background. if you install any apps (try big ones like 5MB), check your phone unused/used memory size. It will NOT change because the apps are installed in SD card NOW!

took me 2 hrs just to figure all this out. hope it helps!

Guest IVAN REYES
Best Practices:

1) Make sure that you uninstall/ remove all the apps before you use this app2sd, this way your phone memory stays free. even better if you do a factory reset.

2) follow the instructions in the pdf file (the first post from joe). i recommed to use 500MB for the ext2 partition

7) root your phone by choosing option ®. at the end of the process, it will ask you to reboot the phone, so wait for it.

10) run autorootapp2sd.bat again and this time choose option (4) for a full app2sd install. it will copy all your installed APPS (if you did not do a factory reset) to the NEW ext2 partition and all the apps will run from there. At th end of the process it will ask you to reboot your phone.

12) now you should unroot your phone. this time choose option (u) when running autorootapp2sd.bat. at the end of the process it will ask you to reboot your phone.

13) reboot your phone and wait. app2sd works in the background. if you install any apps (try big ones like 5MB), check your phone unused/used memory size. It will NOT change because the apps are installed in SD card NOW!

reboot the GT540 only with the power button.

please I can explain.

Guest allanss
Does app2sd install apps automatically to partition or does it give you a choice where to install?

It is a good question. But i can't see any option about it.

Guest m4k4ve1iCRO

Works fine, but it has slowed my phone down to unusable state...

Ill try with 4Gb card, and see if there is any difference!

EDIT:

Tried with 4Gb SD, same result! Works, but slows my phone down...

Edited by m4k4ve1iCRO

• 2 weeks later...

I want to try this tomorrow on a new not yet installed 8Gb card.

1 - What are the optimum settings for 8Gb partitioning so I can download max apps and the phone runs still smooth?

2 - What setting Can I use for the Apps2SD cache to run on the SD card?

Hope you get my questions.

thanks

Eljo_M

UPDATE 11/12/2010 21.45:

I installed full apps2sd incl. cache just now and it seems to be working. BUT, still I have a question

I formatted the sd card into 1Gb ex2 and 6.45Gb fat32.

Restarted the phone and deleted all apps and installed them again so they install on the sd card.

I think this went well but after install apps2sd the phone had 63.62mb after installing all apps on sd card my phone memory is 58.29 and sd is 6.44.

I think there must be more space on the phone after this action. Is there data that can be erased from the phone that is for some reason still there like undeleted cache or app data?

Edited by Eljo_M

Guest manthos

Hi everyone.

Ok so here is my problem:

1st, i made format on my SD 8gb card and made an ext2 partition on 1.5bg. (is it too high?)

2nd, The phone had clean 2.1 official version with nothing installed.

I rooted the phone.

I pressed the option 4, seems all copyed and works fine.

I restarted the phone and i got spam of error messages about all applications. Seems a problem here. Why that happened? Seems really wierd to me.

The phone was ready to become a new "brick" so i reinstalled the 2.1 official version.

Again i rooted the phone.

This time i chose option 1. All copyed well as far i can see.

Ofc i restart the phone.

I installed systempanel manager to check my ext2 capacity and i see 94mb only available. Where is the ext3 i created? Where is the ext3 1.5gb i made?

How can i be sure that i have done it correctly?

Some help would be lovely :)

Thanx in advanced

Guest '(M)OE'WEEZEYY

Mine says device not found...

Yes debugging mode is on Mass storage mode is off. I plugged it off and on, restarted phone still device not found..

Works fine, but it has slowed my phone down to unusable state...

Ill try with 4Gb card, and see if there is any difference!

EDIT:

Tried with 4Gb SD, same result! Works, but slows my phone down...

Same thing happened to my device when i installed the "FULL app2sd" from "autorootapp2sd" (number 4), so i tried the "Standard app2sd" option (number 1), and it WORKED, FAST & SMOOTH, like usually! It's not FULL app2sd but, until now, i installed about 110 apps/games (including "big" ones, like ninjump, angry birds, rock player, fruit ninja, slice it, hungry shark, etc.) on my phone and the phone memory dropped merely for (i would say) "tiny" 60MB, from 110MB to the current 45MB, and i repeat, EVERY APP/GAME is WORKING PERFECT! Good luck :)

PS. @schnellvin

Best Practices:

THIS ONE HAS DONE IT(expect that i have chosen the option 1 for standard app2sd)! Using this steps i finally succeeded to install app2sd on my phone and my Class2 SD card WITHOUT the usual problems (slow working phone, "sd card unexpectely removed" and losing all installed apps on the SD after that error, etc)! THANK YOU MAN! DANKESCHON BRUDER, BIN DIR UNENTLICH DANKBAR, ALLES GUTE UND GRUSS NACH DEUTSCHLAND ,DEM BESTEN UND GEILSTEN LAND(naturlich gleich nach Bosnien :) ) VON EINEM BOSNISCHEN EX-FLUCHTLING DER DEINEM LAND DAS LEBEN VERDANKT!

Edited by syd88

Guest niksa88

I did app2sd and everything is working...I have one question:

What if i want now to install app to the phone memory? Just remove the sd card and install the app, or,,,?

Guest emrah1982
Same thing happened to my device when i installed the "FULL app2sd" from "autorootapp2sd" (number 4), so i tried the "Standard app2sd" option (number 1), and it WORKED, FAST & SMOOTH, like usually! It's not FULL app2sd but, until now, i installed about 110 apps/games (including "big" ones, like ninjump, angry birds, rock player, fruit ninja, slice it, hungry shark, etc.) on my phone and the phone memory dropped merely for (i would say) "tiny" 60MB, from 110MB to the current 45MB, and i repeat, EVERY APP/GAME is WORKING PERFECT! Good luck ;)

PS. @schnellvin

THIS ONE HAS DONE IT(expect that i have chosen the option 1 for standard app2sd)! Using this steps i finally succeeded to install app2sd on my phone and my Class2 SD card WITHOUT the usual problems (slow working phone, "sd card unexpectely removed" and losing all installed apps on the SD after that error, etc)! THANK YOU MAN! DANKESCHON BRUDER, BIN DIR UNENTLICH DANKBAR, ALLES GUTE UND GRUSS NACH DEUTSCHLAND ,DEM BESTEN UND GEILSTEN LAND(naturlich gleich nach Bosnien :( ) VON EINEM BOSNISCHEN EX-FLUCHTLING DER DEINEM LAND DAS LEBEN VERDANKT!

Phone rooted and App2SD work Fine. A big THANK YOU, it's great !

Guest jamslug
Check the partition on your sd. The first partitition should be FAT if your card is smaller than 4GB and should be FAT32 if bigger than 4 GB. The second partition should be ext2. Both partition must be primary.

Thanks a lot man, it works beautiful, thanks for the primary explanation, now I got it ;-)

Guest zurcnai

Hi!

I am new to Android phones and I already updated my phone to 2.1 Baltic ROM. Tried to install App2sd on my phone and it's not working.

First attempt, it did not give me the icon for app2sd on my phone. (or does it really have to be there?!)

Tried again and followed the 2nd set of steps where you have to root and unroot the phone but still no luck.

Please help. Thanks! :(

Edited by zurcnai

Guest angemon10
Same thing happened to my device when i installed the "FULL app2sd" from "autorootapp2sd" (number 4), so i tried the "Standard app2sd" option (number 1), and it WORKED, FAST & SMOOTH, like usually! It's not FULL app2sd but, until now, i installed about 110 apps/games (including "big" ones, like ninjump, angry birds, rock player, fruit ninja, slice it, hungry shark, etc.) on my phone and the phone memory dropped merely for (i would say) "tiny" 60MB, from 110MB to the current 45MB, and i repeat, EVERY APP/GAME is WORKING PERFECT! Good luck ;)

Hvala :(.

The same I did it.

Guest felixbbb031

great tutorial,nice work,but before i get started i have a question. is it there some possibilities to damage my phone? i have rooted my phone and it was bricked. i spend several hours to fix this. so,this is only preventive question. tnx.

I've installed it 3 days before! Thanks, it works awesome. The phone is a bit slower, but after installing LauncherPro, everything is much better. Anyway, I have 500 MB for apps (NFS Shift, Armagedon Squadron, FIFA 2010, CamScanner, Hungry Shark, Raging Thunder 2, SpeedX, Winds of Steel, Angry Birds, AndoZip Pro, Documents to Go, Goggles, ezPDF Reader, PowerAMP, Skyfire, Skype, Winamp...) and intenal phone storage memory is 99.80MB of free space. After installing app2sd, I also had force close messages. I reinstalled these apps (settings-Applications-Manage Apllications-Uninstall, AND THEN INSTALL USING LINDA MANAGER), and now it works great.

Edited by ZaxKG

Guest rocky7012

dude, i tried another apps2sd tutorial, which worked fine, on xda-developer (hxxp://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=803689&page=4) but after doing it my phone turns off every once in a while and i have to remove and reeinsert the battery to be able to turn it on again...if i do this tutorial of yours, should i not face that problem again??