1click app2sd now includes 1 click root

Guest joestone

Guest onlinejobwork
How the script works :

It copies the contents of the selected folders to the sd ext2 partition . It does not removes the copied files from the phone , because in the case of sd failure or sd removal the phone will be able to bootup. The removal process removes the files and directories needed to app2sd operate normally , but leaves the ext2 untouched.

To use it you need to turn on the USB Debugging mode on the phone .Create the ext2 if not exists .The first partitition should be FAT if your card is smaller than 4GB and should be FAT32 if bigger than 4 GB. The second partition should be ext2. Both partition must be primary.

Dont forget to restart the phone and turn off mass storage mode after creation of the ext2.Download the zip file , extract it and run autorootapp2sd.bat on your pc.

You can use app2sd even if your phone is not rooted.

The attached pdf contains the guide how to create the ext2.

MOD:

The script has the possibilities to turn on root. The root and unroot function is the same as 1 click root .

MOD2:

There was abug in the root function , a bad version of superuser.apk was included . Now it is replaced.

Hi I been used LG gt540 but due to small screen, less memory space and annoying touch screen (not Capacitive) I sold it for £75 and now I am on Orange San francisco which is much better than LG gt540 but dispite of having capacitive 3.5' screen and many more feature still i can say that Orange SF's spped performance specially the graphics is not as good as my old LG GT540 which have better battery life and better speed and decent graphics performace than oSF

main question, Can I use this guide on my Orange San Francisco (app2sd) ? let me know

Thanks in advance

Urvish

Guest joestone
Hi I been used LG gt540 but due to small screen, less memory space and annoying touch screen (not Capacitive) I sold it for £75 and now I am on Orange San francisco which is much better than LG gt540 but dispite of having capacitive 3.5' screen and many more feature still i can say that Orange SF's spped performance specially the graphics is not as good as my old LG GT540 which have better battery life and better speed and decent graphics performace than oSF

main question, Can I use this guide on my Orange San Francisco (app2sd) ? let me know

Thanks in advance

Urvish

I am not sure , if the partition settings are the same (system should be mounted to ....mtdblock4) it can work. Give it a try .

Guest RAT-BoyZ

joestone,

why if i use your method for app2sd. and after i running the batch file, i got a app2sd without error. but when i check a storage size in optimus setting. i got my internal memory not increase my internal. like old app2sd.

even if i install a new app, and i check my internal size, and my internal size not reduce.

hehehe. i confused.

sorry if my English is bad. :)

Guest joestone
joestone,

why if i use your method for app2sd. and after i running the batch file, i got a app2sd without error. but when i check a storage size in optimus setting. i got my internal memory not increase my internal. like old app2sd.

even if i install a new app, and i check my internal size, and my internal size not reduce.

hehehe. i confused.

sorry if my English is bad. :)

Because I just copy the contents to let the phone working in case of sd error. The old app2sd made by arekl88r is moved the contents.

Your internal storage size is not reduced after installing an app because app2sd is working this the normal way it should work.

Edited by joestone

Guest RAT-BoyZ
Because I just copy the contents to let the phone working in case of sd error. The old app2sd made by arekl88r is moved the contents.

Your internal storage size is not reduced after installing an app because app2sd is working this the normal way it should work.

so when i unplug the sdcard then the phone already have all programs that exist in app2sd ?

because i have a new app2sd too from arekl88r and app2sd will be increase internal memory equal size the ext2.

but when i unplug the sdcard then the phone is back to zero again. except i have install program before running app2sd.

Guest joestone
so when i unplug the sdcard then the phone already have all programs that exist in app2sd ?

because i have a new app2sd too from arekl88r and app2sd will be increase internal memory equal size the ext2.

but when i unplug the sdcard then the phone is back to zero again. except i have install program before running app2sd.

No , the script copies the files from the phone to the sd that exist at the time of running app2sd. If you install an app after app2sd you will not see it if you remove the sd.

Edited by joestone

Guest m1st3r1

for me, now it's working great too..

n i know the problem, when i chose to move the /data/data too.. cmd prompt said that cant copy the /data/data/com.android.phone/shared_prefs .. i dont know why this happened. the number one (only move the data/app n data/dalvik-cache works. though the internal phone will slowly decreasing, but i've about 70 apps in my phone, that's enough for me..

thanks joestone for the hard work :)

Guest ohoosong

Can I unplug sdcard after app2sd installed?

I unpluged then back to put in sdcard then that was not working.

Now reinstall and set up, working so good but i worry about before my experience.

Guest jaypea1

Which option 1,2,3 or 4 would you advise? This is probably a silly question, but I want to give this a go and want to know what the options stand for.

I have so far upgraded using europe open rom with KDZ_FW_UPD, rooted phone using Autoapp2sd, removed unwanted applications with root explorer.

Thanks

Guest elkay62

Hi folks,

I initially posted this on a thread of it's own, but maybe peeps monitoring this thread will have an idea?

This is what I did....

• waited patiently for the CPW 2.1 ROM to appear, and installed using the official tool after using Titanium Backup to ...backup
  • After 2.1 installation, I installed Titanium backup and restored various apps & data. Hindsight - maybe should have waited until Apps2SD installed before doing this...
  • Installed Apps2SD following the joestone route.
  • Phone was then very flakey, with freezing, force closures, reboots.
  • I don't know wheter it was the APps2SD was the problem, or my restoring of apps that I should have just reinstalled from the Market.
  • Tried to remove Apps2SD using the options in the joestone bat, but phone hung.
  • Restarted phone and did a factory reset.
  • Removed applications that were still present that I had expected to be removed by the factory reset (e.g. Kindle, SlideIT etc.)
  • Phone is now stable.

However...When I used Advanced Task Killer, it tells me I have in the region of 35K - 55K for available.

When I run the "Check Apps2SD" option from I get these results:

/dev: 86488K total, 12K used, 86476K available (block size 4096)

/data: 142848K total, 36520K used, 106328K available (block size 4096)

/cache: 404378K total, 38587K used, 365791K available (block size 1024)

/sqlite_stmt_journals: 4096K total, 0K used, 4096K available (block size 4096)

/system: 250880K total, 232340K used, 18540K available (block size 4096)

/lgdrm: 2816K total, 1180K used, 1636K available (block size 4096)

/system/sdcard: 404378K total, 38587K used, 365791K available (block size 1024)

/data/app: 404378K total, 38587K used, 365791K available (block size 1024)

/data/dalvik-cache: 404378K total, 38587K used, 365791K available (block size 10

24)

/cache: 404378K total, 38587K used, 365791K available (block size 1024)

/sdcard: 7351840K total, 156608K used, 7195232K available (block size 32768)

So the question is....is Apps2SD running (and is it working!)

regards

elkay

Will a factory reset get rid of Apps2SD then?

What does Apps2SD do to the phone; just it just run as a program in the bckgroud, or does it fundamentally alter the operating system?

Guest marinop

This sounds very tempting as this would eliminate the biggest proglem I have with the GT540. But just because Im curious, if I apply App2SD, how hard is it to undo?

Would I have to do a factory reset or is there another simpler way?

What's the proper option to use, 1 2 3 or 4?

Do I need to root first?

EDIT:

I used option 1, didn't root first, and it seems to be working.

After uninstalling all my apps (I did this before installing apps2s) I have about 80mb left on internal memory, is that about right?

Thanks!

OT

Edited by BK2FUT

Guest r3dsm0k3

I have upgraded my LG GT540 with official LG update for my country(india).and now it seems that rooting and installing apps2sd not working.

Is your tutorial for a specific upgrade or is it universal..?

Or do i need Android SDK installed on my computer.?

Im on a mac,i have android SDK installed on my Mac,and now im doing this from my friend's windows 7 PC which does not have android sdk installed,is this the reason.?

Partitioning went well..and now im stuck with installing apps2sd..

can the Gurus show me the way..?

Edited by r3dsm0k3

Guest libyali
What's the proper option to use, 1 2 3 or 4?

Do I need to root first?

EDIT:

I used option 1, didn't root first, and it seems to be working.

After uninstalling all my apps (I did this before installing apps2s) I have about 80mb left on internal memory, is that about right?

Thanks!

OT

English is very bad :rolleyes:

My phone did root...

2GB SD card broke...

I ran autorootapp2sd.bat...

hmhw.jpg

The table no matter which one I need to do to help 1,2,3,4

Followed everything to the point, but unfournataly as it says use at your own risk, and well yes you guessed my phone is now bricked. tried factory reset but that has made it worse, just constantly force closing system and resetting, if any ideas how top sort this would be greatly appreciated, preff without sending it off.

Guest sambaroonie
for me, now it's working great too..

n i know the problem, when i chose to move the /data/data too.. cmd prompt said that cant copy the /data/data/com.android.phone/shared_prefs .. i dont know why this happened. the number one (only move the data/app n data/dalvik-cache works. though the internal phone will slowly decreasing, but i've about 70 apps in my phone, that's enough for me..

thanks joestone for the hard work :rolleyes:

I found my phone to be extremely slow when I moved all 3 dirs, Apps,Cache,Data.

Top showed 90% wait states and 80% cpu usage of Launcher2.

But If I turn off mounting sdcard Cache/Data and ONLY do apps (then reboot), its nice and fast again.

I will try again with data mapped aswell.

( I tried the /data/data mapped aswell, but no go, still dog slow , so leaving it as apps only )

Could be a slow microSD, but it was kingston, are there any sdcard speed test benchmark apps that run inside Android?

Anyone else have distinct speed issues with the dalvnik-cache being on sdcard ?

Edited by sambaroonie

When I press 8 to check app2sd, I don't see data/app but I see data/appbak. I installed app2sd by select 1. Option 2, 3, and 4 made com.android.phone crashed. I have 2GB microSD card in which 660MB is partitioned as ext2. No swap partition.

Can you help me? It drains internal memory quickly. It goes to SD card as back up. Try many times but still see like above.

Edit: I try to reinstall app2sd and then my phone cannot start. It is now at service centre for repairing. I do not know if they can repair it. This make me unhappy. I will not install app2sd gain. It worths to wait for froyo build. :rolleyes:

Edited by sinto

Guest badpunk

Hello all,

I did the menu 8,

/dev: 86488K total, 12K used, 86476K available (block size 4096)

/data: 142848K total, 117776K used, 25072K available (block size 4096)

/cache: 65536K total, 40672K used, 24864K available (block size 4096)

/sqlite_stmt_journals: 4096K total, 0K used, 4096K available (block size 4096)

/system: 250880K total, 228488K used, 22392K available (block size 4096)

/lgdrm: 2816K total, 1160K used, 1656K available (block size 4096)

/system/sdcard: 396549K total, 29987K used, 366562K available (block size 1024)

/data/app: 396549K total, 29987K used, 366562K available (block size 1024)

/data/dalvik-cache: 396549K total, 29987K used, 366562K available (block size 10

24)

/sdcard: 1509792K total, 901408K used, 608384K available (block size 32768)

Press any key to continue . . .

How can i tell if app2sd is installed correctly? When i tried installing Pocket Legends (big file size), it says not enough space.

Btw, my SD card wasn't empty when i partitioned and the apps in my phone were not deleted before attempting to install app2sd.

Thanks.

Guest DarkField

the batchfile says

Invalid ....

unable to mount

---------

Restart Phone ....

what did i wrong?

edit:

it says

mount: Invalid argument

Unable to mount ext2