[ROM's] Sense port's

Guest vache

Guest matthewye

I don' know whether this applies to me only. I am using the desire rom. When I receive calls, My phone displays the incoming number only rather than the info of my saved contacts. I sync all my contacts from Google.

hi

Vache thank you for your fantastic roms

i'm using desire port

I've one problem with camera and camcorder. when i use one of these my device have a reboot.

you now the problem?

if is possible to solve?

Guest grooltor

I did it! :)

Completely unistalled SenseUI, but keeping HTC applications :) Replaced home with LauncherPro.

Now the ROM (Desire) feels smoother.

What are the advantages od a Sense ROM without SenseUI?

You still got HTC dialer, Contacts, Social Networks integration, Gallery, FriendStream (not the widget of course) and so on... :(

I think this is actually the most complete ROM a Liquid (A1) can run, even if not the smoother. A good compromise between features and performance :(

I did it! :)

Completely unistalled SenseUI, but keeping HTC applications :) Replaced home with LauncherPro.

Now the ROM (Desire) feels smoother.

What are the advantages od a Sense ROM without SenseUI?

You still got HTC dialer, Contacts, Social Networks integration, Gallery, FriendStream (not the widget of course) and so on... :(

I think this is actually the most complete ROM a Liquid (A1) can run, even if not the smoother. A good compromise between features and performance :(

What do you mean by "uninstalled Sense UI" ? Just changed the launcher ?

Guest grooltor
What do you mean by "uninstalled Sense UI" ? Just changed the launcher ?

Obiouvsly NOT :)

Uninstalled ALL apks used by UI, including htc*widget.apk. The only one I kept is PluginManager.apk (used by FriendStream app). I uninstalled all Rosie related apks, but all the "data providers" apks are still there to let the ROM work as it should.

Now I have a ROM "HTC based", but "vanilla" UI (excluding of course phone, contact, gallery and all the great (IMHO) HTC stuff. Basically I kept the entire HTC framework, but deleted the entire HTC UI. ROM feels more stable and less memory hungry of course.

Obiouvsly NOT :)

Uninstalled ALL apks used by UI, including htc*widget.apk. The only one I kept is PluginManager.apk (used by FriendStream app). I uninstalled all Rosie related apks, but all the "data providers" apks are still there to let the ROM work as it should.

Now I have a ROM "HTC based", but "vanilla" UI (excluding of course phone, contact, gallery and all the great (IMHO) HTC stuff. Basically I kept the entire HTC framework, but deleted the entire HTC UI. ROM feels more stable and less memory hungry of course.

Personally, I wouldn't flash a sense rom just to get the htc phone, contact, gallery... For me, the reason behind flashing the htc rom would be the htc ui itself.

Edited by Rajit

Guest fanguru1

the best thing in htc interface (at least in MyTouch 4G ROM i've tried) is the text tool, to select and pointing the cursor wherever you want. it's possible to port this to other rom or is inside the sense itself?

Guest Andy__P
I had to delete some apps/widget/files to fit on our Liquid.

Is the clock widget missing in the other versions as well or only in HD?

Thanks for the roms, using HD currently and it's way faster than i expected!

Guest grooltor
Personally, I wouldn't flash a sense rom just to get the htc phone, contact, gallery... For me, the reason behind flashing the htc rom would be the htc ui itself.

I use my phone in landscape mode for about 80% time, so SenseUI for me is non-sense :)

Guest akira.pwr

With MT4G porting, disconnected from charge at 7.00 until now (14h 42m), left 30% of battery, but most of the time in standby.

I have 3g, gmail sync, hotmail sync, twitter and facebook active and weather too.

I have done some internet connections and some sms.

Guest vikings123

Just found another problem with my Liquid , running Desire ROM.

I was trying to take a picture of the colorful fall. The camera quited on me.

The phone was frozen. Had to take out battery and put it back to reboot.

Zoom function did not work.

Never had a chance to take a picture of the colorful fall so far.

Am I the exception? Or the camera is not completely working yet?

Guest jackkykung
There's always a chance, cross your fingers =)

Is there a chance for "E" user to use this Sense ROM. I've tried so many time but still not work. :)

Please help, thank you.

both HD desire mytouch,when You change the language to chinese, the com.andriod.phone.error is happen.

vache please help to solve this problem,thanks.

sorry for my poor english.

both HD desire mytouch,when You change the language to chinese, the com.andriod.phone.error is happen.

vache please help to solve this problem,thanks.

sorry for my poor english.

Guest pirina79

I'm a little newbie for some question of Android, i would know what i have to do for swap, i have to create a swap partition on my sd or i have only to launch swap script? And for app2sd, after create a ext partition i have only to launch the command on Malez recovery? Thanks

There aren't any, I'm using fancy widget, it's similar

EDIT: Unbelievable, i found my device blocked and require 8 number for unlock, what's this???

I don't know if someone have answered or not, but it's your PUK code you've to write in. You can find it with the papers that should've came with your sim-card :)

And if someone already have answered/you've figured it out already - then don't mind this post.