2.2 Alpha 1(Froyo) ROM - Features and Workarounds

Guest StevenHarperUK

Guest fluxcapacitor
I've just added busybox binary and symlinks from r4 ROM.

Try to open zip file and delete "nc" file from /system/xbin folder.

That worked, thanks!

Except now once booted it immediately crashed Calendar storage?

And its not rooted :P Rerooted with androot

Edited by fluxcapacitor

Guest nedian05
AGPS is fixable. someone posted a fix in the other thread.

Would you please share the fix for aGPS. I am running 2.2 update ROM and aGPS is still not working.

Guest jimmy2x2x

Which apps do you recommend to replace the missing ones?

Missing Calculator APP - MARKET CAN FIX THIS

Missing clock/alarm APP - MARKET CAN FIX THIS

Cheers

Guest BigD18t

Anyone have Angry Birds working on there build ? it wont on mine, the Beta works fine, but the full 1.3.5apk wont install to much anoyance as its so dam adictive :P

Anyone have Angry Birds working on there build ? it wont on mine, the Beta works fine, but the full 1.3.5apk wont install to much anoyance as its so dam adictive :P

Works fine here.

Guest gforums

found a calendar fix I think. Also found clock and calculator from MCR are working fine.

Working on a custom rom that includes all these fixes so far.

Expect it his evening...hope I'll finish it until then

found a calendar fix I think. Also found clock and calculator from MCR are working fine.

Working on a custom rom that includes all these fixes so far.

Expect it his evening...hope I'll finish it until then

Aren't you already busy enough with your Joggler projects? :P

Guest gforums
Aren't you already busy enough with your Joggler projects? :P

sure :-)

you're right!

things are too buggy. so no custom rom today. But I am also working on it and will see what I can archive.

Now, new calendar apk is crashing for me too, whilst it was working 30 min ago :-(

calculator is working fine, the clock has some smaller issues...might be worth searching stock clock apk from a froyo rom.

Guest alertamber

the clock i pushed from the 2.1 rom created some garble below the time. i think it was suppose to show the date.

been trying to find a deskclock.apk that is for froyo but no hits.

anyone?

Guest lazyliam

big thanks to everyone working on this and all the helpfull comments im a noob and for some reason i cant get anything google to sync wont let me in market but the thing is ive flashed my psp ive had my phone on every rom going lol all worked compliments to everyone ive been reading every thread and everyone seems to be running market flawlessly now and ive tried it all clearing cache partition and privacy even formatted sd card setting tried to sign on 3g 1st i hope this is in the right thread could anyone else comment if having this problem please p.s sorry about the english :P

Guest StevenHarperUK
big thanks to everyone working on this and all the helpfull comments im a noob and for some reason i cant get anything google to sync wont let me in market but the thing is ive flashed my psp ive had my phone on every rom going lol all worked compliments to everyone ive been reading every thread and everyone seems to be running market flawlessly now and ive tried it all clearing cache partition and privacy even formatted sd card setting tried to sign on 3g 1st i hope this is in the right thread could anyone else comment if having this problem please p.s sorry about the english :P

Are you able to log into The Talk App (google Talk) app?

Guest tocixxx

A-GPS is surely fixed.

Use my gps.conf and it works. I set it on "Intermediate Mode" which means, the GPS gives GPS-APPS an "Intermediate" response. if the app stays on longer it gets better positioning coordinates.

If you do not want to use this mode and wait for the final fix from A-GPS just set the OPTION INTERMEDIATE = 0.

EDIT: You can verify this behaviour with GPS-STATUS from Market :P

Edited by tocixxx

Guest StevenHarperUK
A-GPS is surely fixed.

Use my gps.conf and it works. I set it on "Intermediate Mode" which means, the GPS gives GPS-APPS an "Intermediate" response. if the app stays on longer it gets better positioning coordinates.

If you do not want to use this mode and wait for the final fix from A-GPS just set the OPTION INTERMEDIATE = 0.

EDIT: You can verify this behaviour with GPS-STATUS from Market :P

Ill re-try it again tonight and update the Thread if I see it not locking me 50 miles away

Guest StevenHarperUK
Which apps do you recommend to replace the missing ones?

Missing Calculator APP - MARKET CAN FIX THIS

Missing clock/alarm APP - MARKET CAN FIX THIS

Cheers

I am using Agenda Widget

http://www.appbrain.com/app/android-agenda...harrison.agenda

And the Dark sense clock (with the show System info turned on) - white one is broken (today)

http://www.appbrain.com/app/sense-analog-c....SenseClockDark

Also using this Fantastic Alarm

http://www.appbrain.com/app/alarm-clock-pl...rmClockPlusDock

Guest StevenHarperUK
cant log into talk either steven thank very much for the quick reply

What 3G network are you on?

what are your apn settings

Have tried clearing you caches for market and talk

Guest lazyliam

im on o2 and thats the only other little problem i can find the 3g sign never goes off even when i turn off data im not sure about my apn setting im sorry i dont really know what i were looking for and ive cleared all caches i cant find but im not sure were to find the market cache im sorry to cause any inconvience and thanks again steven for the reply much appreaciated

Guest lazyliam

your a legned steven i just fiddled around with my apns and got it working thank you very much sorry if i seemed to be being lazy i had read through all the other threads and thanks for your time LEGEND

[*]Phone goes on silent mode (when you turn it upside Down) - FEATURE

This was a bug for me (just a bit unpredictable), but can be turned off: Settings > Sounds > untick "Turn to mute".

with Gforums' .zip calendar is now working for me too. hopefully I can get HTC keyboard working and then use as my main ROM. Thanks everyone for all your work on this.

Jon

This was a bug for me (just a bit unpredictable), but can be turned off: Settings > Sounds > untick "Turn to mute".

with Gforums' .zip calendar is now working for me too. hopefully I can get HTC keyboard working and then use as my main ROM. Thanks everyone for all your work on this.

Jon

The HTC keyboard works for me if you use the one thats modified for 2.2 :), its on here somewhere