Remove Orange Apps on San Francisco, Simple Beginners Guide!

Guest xeyaztian

Hi!

I downloaded everything mentioned in the first post.(Androot,BusyBox and titanium)

The problem is: when i run androot it says that You have rooted the phone, root agian?

I have never done such things with the phone so i said no...

Please someone tell me what to do... Thx!

Oh and one more thing,I am fully newbie with this android thing so far!

Edited by Tomsy

Guest spannerz
Hi!

I downloaded everything mentioned in the first post.(Androot,BusyBox and titanium)

The problem is: when i run androot it says that You have rooted the phone, root agian?

I have never done such things with the phone so i said no...

Please someone tell me what to do... Thx!

Oh and one more thing,I am fully newbie with this android thing so far!

Well say 'yes' despite what it says and it should work! I got the exact confusing repsonse but said yes regardless (it won't hurt)

Go back a page and you'll see I wrote down the exact things I did to unbrand my Orange SF although I used the 65pence app to remove programs:

Copy universal Androot from my pc to the SD card on the SF (I created a folder called androot and copied into there)

Downloaded 'Astro' file manager from market place

Downloaded 'Busybox' from market place

Downloaded and paid 64p for 'SystemApp Remover' from market place

I started Astro file manager, located the Universal Androot file, open app manager, launch, select 'superuser for android 2.0-2.2, press 'Go Root' ignore that it says it's already rooted (cos it didn't work!) and press 'root me please' wait then it says 'woot your device is rooted' (sic), exit.

Run Busybox installer, click ok, click 'install', when it says 'Status:Done!' then exit *(maybe only have to do this the once?)

Run 'SystemApp remover' and now (and only when rooted) can you access the'system apps' tab to uninstall 'System Apps' (Orange apps)

Scroll through list of crud to remove (maybe use the 'backup' option before uninstalling for good just in case.

Edited by spannerz

Guest xeyaztian
Well say 'yes' despite what it says and it should work! I got the exact confusing repsonse but said yes regardless (it won't hurt)

Go back a page and you'll see I wrote down the exact things I did to unbrand my Orange SF although I used the 65pence app to remove programs:

Copy universal Androot from my pc to the SD card on the SF (I created a folder called androot and copied into there)

Downloaded 'Astro' file manager from market place

Downloaded 'Busybox' from market place

Downloaded and paid 64p for 'SystemApp Remover' from market place

I started Astro file manager, located the Universal Androot file, open app manager, launch, select 'superuser for android 2.0-2.2, press 'Go Root' ignore that it says it's already rooted (cos it didn't work!) and press 'root me please' wait then it says 'woot your device is rooted' (sic), exit.

Run Busybox installer, click ok, click 'install', when it says 'Status:Done!' then exit *(maybe only have to do this the once?)

Run 'SystemApp remover' and now (and only when rooted) can you access the'system apps' tab to uninstall 'System Apps' (Orange apps)

Scroll through list of crud to remove (maybe use the 'backup' option before uninstalling for good just in case.

Yep youre right, for some reason it thinks its already rooted when you first install it, which is not the case, so pressing yes to it actaully does root the phone.

Guest milkykung
Also for others, Titanium looks like it works for everyone, but I haven't tried it so don't know, but I think it does...

Just to confirm that Titanium worked for me as well. It is recommended by "targetbsp" to click "Problems" before doing anything else so that the latest BUSYBox version can be downloaded and installed.

This worked perfectly fine for me. Thank you everyone ^^

Guest xeyaztian
Universal Androot was on Market earlier in the year but has been removed.mmmmm

Signed the Troll!

As it breaks the rules most likely, not cos its dodgy. I advice a tin foil hat....

Guest TurboGP

ok, i did all this and it was fine.. i rebooted my san fran and now have a black screen with the letters FTM in a white box. Now what?

scratch that, i took the battery out and it now booted.. had me going for a second there!

Edited by TurboGP

As it breaks the rules most likely, not cos its dodgy. I advice a tin foil hat....

Haah! Just spotted that daily app thing, your an app seller or something, hence the bought apps at the begining of the thread. Bet your one of those who posts on the app store "also available at so n so site"

New to Android but not stupid , thanks.

Guest xeyaztian

shawn0 youre wrong

And I think if you've read this thread then you'd realise that. And if you still think what you think, who cares?

I've done this to help others, if you don't like it that's fine.

Edited by xeyaztian

A very easy guide even for me!! Just one thing, after uninstalling the apps i don't need, is it ok to leave:

Universal Androot

System App Remover

BusyBox

on my phone in case i need them again???

Thanks guys, just used these 3 programmes/apps and have removed most of orange stuff, will I need the programmes again, should I remove them to save more space?

Guest xeyaztian
Thanks guys, just used these 3 programmes/apps and have removed most of orange stuff, will I need the programmes again, should I remove them to save more space?

Yep you can remove them once youre finished aswell!

Guest xeyaztian
thanks, should i get rid of Astro as well?

You can get rid of astro, but redownload it if you ever want to run androot again.

Oh and in reply to Gibbo501, yep it is good, if youre downloading apks and installing them through SD Card you may aswell keep it, but if you dont use it for anything other than the rooting thing it may aswell go.

Edited by xeyaztian

You can get rid of astro, but redownload it if you ever want to run androot again.

Oh and in reply to Gibbo501, yep it is good, if youre downloading apks and installing them through SD Card you may aswell keep it, but if you dont use it for anything other than the rooting thing it may aswell go.

thanks guys....might keep this, didnt know apps (is that same as apks) could be saved on sd card

Guest xeyaztian
thanks guys....might keep this, didnt know apps (is that same as apks) could be saved on sd card

Well the apk files can be saved on the SD Card but when you install them it goes onto the phone, its the one downside to Android 2.1 in my opinion. But for example you could keep the Universal Androot and BusyBox apks saved on you're SD Card which wont take space up on you're phones memory and if you need them again just install them whenever you want.

Guest stylezuk
Glad it helped :rolleyes:

Well all went well till worked out not picking up any ssids, returned debranded and got replacement.

All tweaked prefer to tp2 so integrated and looks sweet.

Edited by stylezuk

As Ive said Im an android novice,but someone cleverer than me may want to look at an unrooting app called z4root from xda it says. Its on android market now. Free with none of that PC shenanagans.

Guest xeyaztian
Well all went well till worked out not picking up any ssids, returned debranded and got replacement.

All tweaked prefer to tp2 so integrated and looks sweet.

Whats the SSIDs? Not heard of that! It a problem with debranding?

Guest xeyaztian
As Ive said Im an android novice,but someone cleverer than me may want to look at an unrooting app called z4root from xda it says. Its on android market now. Free with none of that PC shenanagans.

From what I read this may be better and get rid of one step out the process... i'll look it up, thanks! :rolleyes:

Didn't work on my phone, it just got stuck in attempting to Root it, but will keep a watch on it as that would be useful as it installs BusyBox at the same time!

Edited by xeyaztian

Guest stylezuk
Whats the SSIDs? Not heard of that! It a problem with debranding?

Broadcast ssid it seems it was not scanning as picked up 1 all day, but on first setup the wifi comes on tested in orange shop before but didn't see a network.

Nothing to do with debranding as this one sweet lol

Guest milkykung
Didn't work on my phone, it just got stuck in attempting to Root it, but will keep a watch on it as that would be useful as it installs BusyBox at the same time!

TY4ur good info. It bundles and installs Busybox the same way Titanium backup does ^^ But the latter could search for the latest version from the market. I'm wondering if Z4root does the same?!?!

Cheers,