Remove Orange Apps on San Francisco, Simple Beginners Guide!

Guest xeyaztian

Guest joobuzz

As a total newbie here, just wanted to clarify something about rooting.

Downloaded Universal Androot, and tried Softroot.

All that happened after it Soft rooted was that my wifi didn't work, and had to turn the phone completely off and on to get it back to normal.

Just wanted to check that the hard root won't break the wifi on my phone? The soft root option does not seem to work on Orange San Francisco. Has anyone tried a soft root on it?

Thanks.

All that happened after it Soft rooted was that my wifi didn't work, and had to turn the phone completely off and on to get it back to normal.

Try an older version of androot, not the latest beta. The beta is not compatible with some models.

Guest deltanova
So I couldn't flash my Orange San Francisco, and the reason why I wanted to is to remove the Orange Apps and the game demo's. So I came about a way without having to do anything with ROMs. Will cost you 63p though as I bought an app to do something...

Get Universal Androot (I got it from here.. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=747598)

I got the latest one and it worked, then click root in that app. And wait till its rooted and it will install Super User Permissions.

Then download and install Busy Box from the market.

Then get SystemApp Remover by Danesh from the market (This cost 63p, theres prob a free one but I choose this and it worked)

Then go to SystemApp Remover and delete the Orange Apps(List below) they uninstall and it saves memory on the phone!

Root phone with Universal Androot, then delete with SystemApp Remover.

Done!

I recommend this to anyone who doesnt understand ROMs, flashing and those kind of things and anyone who wants to de-brand it from Orange.

I've put it up on my blog as well with links to files and the applications, please visit...

http://dailyandroidapps.blogspot.com/2010/...-installed.html

YOU CAN GET RID OF....

-Orange Homescreen

-Orange Homescreen Selector

-Orange App Shop

-Orange Photos

-Orange Wednesdays

-Orange Maps

-Orange Headlines

-Orange Email

-Orange TV

-Orange Backup

-Your Orange

-Touch Pal and the Spanish and French packs

-Sim Toolkit

-DocsToGo Demo

-Weather

-The game demos, Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and Guitar Hero.

YOU CANT GET RID OF...

-Internet (Even if it does have the Orange logo!)

if u then un-root is all the orange stuff still gone and what consiquenses are there with rooting ?

Guest Mark_in_Macc
So I couldn't flash my Orange San Francisco, and the reason why I wanted to is to remove the Orange Apps and the game demo's. So I came about a way without having to do anything with ROMs. Will cost you 63p though as I bought an app to do something...

Get Universal Androot (I got it from here.. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=747598)

I got the latest one and it worked, then click root in that app. And wait till its rooted and it will install Super User Permissions.

Then get SystemApp Remover by Danesh from the market (This cost 63p, theres prob a free one but I choose this and it worked)

Then go to SystemApp Remover and delete the Orange Apps(List below) they uninstall and it saves memory on the phone!

Root phone with Universal Androot, then delete with SystemApp Remover.

Done!

I recommend this to anyone who doesnt understand ROMs, flashing and those kind of things and anyone who wants to de-brand it from Orange.

I've put it up on my blog as well with links to files and the applications, please visit...

http://dailyandroidapps.blogspot.com/2010/...-installed.html

YOU CAN GET RID OF....

-Orange Homescreen

-Orange Homescreen Selector

-Orange App Shop

-Orange Photos

-Orange Wednesdays

-Orange Maps

-Orange Headlines

-Orange Email

-Orange TV

-Orange Backup

-Your Orange

-Touch Pal and the Spanish and French packs

-Sim Toolkit

-DocsToGo Demo

-Weather

-The game demos, Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and Guitar Hero.

YOU CANT GET RID OF...

-Internet (Even if it does have the Orange logo!)

Brilliant! A bit scary to do but well worth it. Thanks for the de-Orangification (if that is a real word). A couple of additional questions. (1) Phone is still rooted and working fine, should I unroot using Universal Androot? Is there a benefit in doing this? Also, if I do unroot, can I simply remove all the apps I used to de-Orangify? I'm not planning to do anything else with the phone at the moment, perhaps unlock the memory at some point if I feel brave again.

Guest kernow666

am having major problems here

downloaded androot and installed ok , download busybox ( does not work ) and titaniem ( click on it and it downloads busybox ) get an error message

sorry i could not aquire privileges, this application will not work! please verify that your ROM is rooted and includes busy box ?

where am i going wrong ?

Edited by kernow666

Then get SystemApp Remover from the market (This cost 63p, theres prob a free one but I choose this and it worked0

How do i get the aps? I have been to some sites but don't understand haow to get them, how to download them etc. Sorry, noob here!!

Edited by acpcup

Guest targetbsp

Click market on your phone. That's where you can download apps. It might be an idea to get a bit more accustomed to the phone for a few days before doing this though. :D

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Lord Kurisu

This may sound a strange request and I have searched to no prevail, would it be possible to bring back the orange mail app after flashing a new rom?? I don't want all the bloat but I really like the mail app that orange provided, I have tried simply installing the orangemail_android_721_20_7_386147_signed.apk but upon launching it fails to verify my phone number.

Any clues would be great

Kindest Regards

Guest Cyburner

Alright, I have downloaded all the programs needed:

*Universal Androot

*BusyBox

*System AppRemover

Now the hardest bit, to actually do it.

UPDATE: Rooted it and deleted the Demos and Orange Wednesdays.

Should I reboot or unroot my phone after this?

Edited by Cyburner

Guest xeyaztian

You should unroot you're phone afterward! Also to the person asking for a more simple version, I doubt you'll find one, and if you don't understand it, then I wouldn't be doing this!

Also if youve tried reinstalling the Orange Mail App and it keeps force closing, hmmm, im not sure on that then, try installing it from ASTRO File Manager, if that dont work, im guessing find another mail client, I only use gmail (apart from hotmail for xbox but dont need to see it on the go) so the gmail app is fine for me, ive seen and heard good things about an app called K9 Mail, or something like that, named after a robot dog in Doctor Who I think.....

Guest xeyaztian
http://android.modaco.com/content/forum/32...ase-contribute/

I read on there about folk having signal problems after deleting SIM toolkit! That might explain my issues! Can someone tell where I can find the file on here to copy it back pretty please?!

http://android.modaco.com/content/forum/32...ase-contribute/

I read on there about folk having signal problems after deleting SIM toolkit! That might explain my issues! Can someone tell where I can find the file on here to copy it back pretty please?!

I have not had this problem myself or heard anyone on this long thread complaining of same. Do you still need the Sim Toolkit as I can upload it to my google docs, from the original files and link to it, if you want.

On another note..

Also that thread, to be honest, this is a very easy to follow beginners guide, it isn't complicated (and i stand by if this is to complicated then don't do it! There are times with my computer I can't follow guides, so to be safe I don't do them!)) and I've provided links to the software to do it in the post already, it just seems a bit annoying as I have spent alot of time to make it simple, added in contributions from others to make it more easy. And the only change i see in that thread is Titanium Backup, so its not even MORE simple.

This was the first way on this site to do it without flashing, and seems silly to make more threads doing same thing... hmmm...

Guest insurgente

this is a great guide, i managed to get rid of a lot of stuff quite easily

there's a few thigns I'm not too sure about, whether i can get rid of them, and what they're written as in the list:

(Orange) Backup

Global Time -- anything better out there?

(Orange) Internet -- i guess needs to be kept...oh well

(Orange) Messenger

(Orange) Photo -- gallery thing...hopefully there are better options?

Your Orange

Global Time -- not a huge fan of this, wonder if there's anything better?

could anyone help with what the preceding orange apps are listed as (file name?), i was in doubt, so didnt want to delete anything by accident!

Guest xeyaztian
this is a great guide, i managed to get rid of a lot of stuff quite easily

there's a few thigns I'm not too sure about, whether i can get rid of them, and what they're written as in the list:

(Orange) Backup

Global Time -- anything better out there?

(Orange) Internet -- i guess needs to be kept...oh well

(Orange) Messenger

(Orange) Photo -- gallery thing...hopefully there are better options?

Your Orange

Global Time -- not a huge fan of this, wonder if there's anything better?

could anyone help with what the preceding orange apps are listed as (file name?), i was in doubt, so didnt want to delete anything by accident!

Hey,

Orange Backup, that lets you back youre contact numbers to the Orange servers, and if u get a new phone or restart current, if the new phone has Orange Backup you can get youre contacts from it, I however sync my contacts with google so i dont use it.

Global Time, I ddelted it as I dont use it, but i kept alarm clock, now there will be better ones ont he android market i jsut dont use them.

Internet! KEEP!! You need it for many apps and to search the internet even if u use other browsers! DO NOT DELETE!

Orange Messenger, keep if u use many messengers including MSN, but i only use gmail chat so i just use the Google app.

Orange Photo... get rid of, keep Gallery as this is the Android app, and though it can be slow, its the best i know of for Orange San Francisco.

Your Orange, i delted it as i dont need to check my minutes on it, and online is more detailed, if ur on Pay As You Go its pretty useless!

Guest insurgente

nice one, thanks

yea those ones i'm looking to get rid of, but I couldnt figure out where their file name was in the list? looking through this thread, i think i've figure out what orange backup is down as...the others, not sure

Hey,

Orange Backup, that lets you back youre contact numbers to the Orange servers, and if u get a new phone or restart current, if the new phone has Orange Backup you can get youre contacts from it, I however sync my contacts with google so i dont use it.

Global Time, I ddelted it as I dont use it, but i kept alarm clock, now there will be better ones ont he android market i jsut dont use them.

Internet! KEEP!! You need it for many apps and to search the internet even if u use other browsers! DO NOT DELETE!

Orange Messenger, keep if u use many messengers including MSN, but i only use gmail chat so i just use the Google app.

Orange Photo... get rid of, keep Gallery as this is the Android app, and though it can be slow, its the best i know of for Orange San Francisco.

Your Orange, i delted it as i dont need to check my minutes on it, and online is more detailed, if ur on Pay As You Go its pretty useless!

I didn't want to cause anyone that much trouble. I thought there was a link to stock apps on here you could download them or something??? If you really didn't mind it would be very good of you. I just read that and thought it was worth trying as I've terrible signal problems! Thanks!

Guest xeyaztian
nice one, thanks

yea those ones i'm looking to get rid of, but I couldnt figure out where their file name was in the list? looking through this thread, i think i've figure out what orange backup is down as...the others, not sure

Oh sorry i totally missed what u were asking, sorry abotut that, yeah some kind person wrote all the file names in this thread! Woo ;)

Guest xeyaztian
I didn't want to cause anyone that much trouble. I thought there was a link to stock apps on here you could download them or something??? If you really didn't mind it would be very good of you. I just read that and thought it was worth trying as I've terrible signal problems! Thanks!

Ritio check back in around 10-15 mins just need to download the file with all the apks in..... ;)

Guest xeyaztian
i'm guessing sim toolkit is stk.apk? good thing i left that on there

Yep thats Sim Tool Kit, I took it off and mines fine, but if it helps someone I dont mind putting original apks up! woo