28/Oct r4b gforums Custom Rom FroYo for ZTE blade (Alpha!)

Guest gforums

Guest Azurren
Anybody else got double contours in youtube?

Also a green/pink stripe at the top?

Very annoying, tried different versions of the app, none work...

That is a confirmed bug. No fix as of yet (Alpha 1)

Is there any reason why i cant get my own ringtones to work, they are just silent?

Some MP3s won't play with Alpha 1. Also you can only use the stock notification tones

Guest ArcticFox

Is there anything i can do to make sure that the mp3 will play?

*edit* seems as though the mp3s have to be stereo, mono wont play.

Edited by ArcticFox

Guest ArcticFox
Silly question... will a previously unlocked 2.1 blade which has been flashed with 2.2 restore the sim-lock as side effect?

No it wont i unlocked mine previously using stock orange rom then upgraded to another 2.1 rom then to 2.2 then back to 2.1 then back to 2.2 its still unlocked.

Guest JingleManSweep
Any chance of screenshits?

Hehe. Sorry for my immaturity here, but that's the funniest typo I've seen in a while, whether it was intentional or not. Snigger.

To enable your own ring tones or notifications convert mp3 etc to a .ogg file using a file converter (search on google), Then mount your sd card and place in system\media\audio\ringtones or system\media\audio\notifications you can now select them through settings on mobile.

Guest robot1000
How do you uninstall the youtube app ? every way i have tried it say's uninstall un-successful

Try using a file browser or root explorer to delete the file within the system folder

Guest fryguyse
To enable your own ring tones or notifications convert mp3 etc to a .ogg file using a file converter (search on google), Then mount your sd card and place in system\media\audio\ringtones or system\media\audio\notifications you can now select them through settings on mobile.

Why convert it to .ogg ? it works fine with mp3's (atleast for ringtones, haven't tried changing notification sound)

Edited by fryguyse

Guest Peter H
Why convert it to .ogg ? it works fine with mp3's (atleast for ringtones, haven't tried changing notification sound)

Because, as it says in several places in this thread and others, not all MP3's play in froyo. Converting to ogg does work. Many thanks to OP.

Guest tippo88
here are some drivers for xp

please reply if any work for you

only 2 of the device's found need to work

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=00LT6Z9N

Sorry for late reply have been travelling. The second modified driver in the zip package allowed me to get two devices working and to connect the phone to the PC correctly. Device manager still shows two devices without drivers which it trys to install each time the phone is connected but this is only a minor hassle.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Guest tippo88

Not sure if I'm being stupid but after removing Youtube if i go to the market and search for Youtube I cant find the original Youtube app to reinstall only various 3rd party Youtube related apps.

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I have gone back to Sebastian's r5 2.1 release and the battery life is a lot better so there is an issue with Battery drain withthe FROYO.

However, now I have a different problem when abroad... I was able to conenct to my 3G network instantly and use the web. But with Sebastian's r5 2.1 release I can't. Is there a tool in this FROYO alpha release, which automatically detects the network settings. I have rang my Provider (it is not a UK one) and they are unable to help due to the model...

Guest Sebastian404
Not sure if I'm being stupid but after removing Youtube if i go to the market and search for Youtube I cant find the original Youtube app to reinstall only various 3rd party Youtube related apps.

Thanks

YouTube is one of the closed source apps, they tend not to show up on the market place, the idea being you should of gotten it with the phone, there is an updated version of YouTube going around but only for 2.2 devices... if you search the forum I linked a re-built version that works with 2.1 the other day

Guest Sebastian404
Hi Guys,

I have gone back to Sebastian's r5 2.1 release and the battery life is a lot better so there is an issue with Battery drain withthe FROYO.

However, now I have a different problem when abroad... I was able to conenct to my 3G network instantly and use the web. But with Sebastian's r5 2.1 release I can't. Is there a tool in this FROYO alpha release, which automatically detects the network settings. I have rang my Provider (it is not a UK one) and they are unable to help due to the model...

It's because the de-orangeated ROM only has the stock APN's which are Orange, you need to get a Updated apns-conf.xml and then put it into you /system/etc/ folder.

Guest schkinx

i know this is probably a useless link , but i'll post it just incase :rolleyes:

Blade in japan

changed the language to english on the page , but cant find the phone under the english version :huh:

and a little video on youtube ..

youtube vid

Edited by schkinx

Guest Sebastian404
i know this is probably a useless link , but i'll post it just incase :rolleyes:

Blade in japan

changed the language to english on the page , but cant find the phone under the english version :huh:

and a little video on youtube ..

youtube vid

That is quite interesting..... Another ROM for us to play with I guess :huh:

Guest fryguyse
Because, as it says in several places in this thread and others, not all MP3's play in froyo. Converting to ogg does work. Many thanks to OP.

Oki sorry missed that.

Guest mattlcfc

hi using this in a day to day basis and after adding theme and playing am more than happy with it

wifi issue has cured itself as has dial usage ?

got the hte keybord working and gps does kick in after a while (usually a minute or two) not ideal but suits me as dont use it much

couldnt care for mp3 or radio so not concerened about those

need to sort flash player(not available on market)

fast rom and stability is top notch

battery life is hit and miss and i never use 3g (battery eater)or anything that i dont need and can manage a day and a bit (no worse than 2.1 imho)

could do with more battery life but you can only blow all the wistles if you have enough puff??

i carry a little nokia with a little credit incase of emergency but will be getting a car charger and extra battery soon

if anyone can help with the above gripes please let me know

cheers

matt

Swype sorted thanks to a helping hand from a comrade on here thanks

Edited by mattlcfc

With the device on, charge to 100% (until the red LED turns green).
Unplug the device and turn it off.
Charge the device until the red led turns green (took another 45 minutes for me).
Unplug the device and turn it on.
Wait for the device to fully boot then turn it off.
Charge the device until the red led turns green (took another 20 minutes for me).
The following is not from the thread but just what I added from various forum posts.
Boot into clockwork recovery mod and go to advanced -> wipe battery stats.
Reboot device.
Run device down until it powers off before charging.

the wipe has to be done after the charges or before? Edited by siwi

Guest Ally Weir

Can the maker of this thread please keep their original post updated with all the information. It is difficult to understand all the information in a badly organised way.

thanks, great work,

ally.