SmartNES v1.1 : some new features

Guest zizione

zizione Your the man 8) , works a treat no problem with any of the roms so far have about 5 on my phone at the mo!! Just wondering how hard it would be to have sound and would it acutally sound any good!! Not too bothered if not, there are now hundreds of games available to this phone!!

quality!!!

Guest Knight_Rider

Ok this is it Im going to unlock my phone for this reason only, I used to love my SNES I can remember the good old days of Super Mario 3 trying to find those damn magic whistles and I had another game cant remember what it was called though was a space game began with G loved it, Oh and Megaman I cant begin to tell you how much of my misspent youth was spent on that game

installed this last night and got to say, WOW! the layout and operation and speed was excellent.

excellent piece of software. but its a pity the nes games to come up to the same standard. any chance of you helping out in the next version of gnuboy, this interface with the gnuboy would be quality. if you clever programmers could throw in a extra bit of speed aswell, even better.

i am amazed at the quality and the speed all this new software has came out since the phone was unlocked.

WAKE UP ORANGE!! :? , look what everyone with a

locked spv is missing out on!! :evil:

Guest awarner [MVP]
Ok this is it Im going to unlock my phone for this reason only, I used to love my SNES

You do realise this is a NES emulator and not a SNES one?

Hopefully a SNES emulator is in the works.

Guest Michael Eyres

Hi I'm interested in your work... I think... If this is a program that improves access via 'HotKeys' then I would like to use it.. However I need more details what it is. My little mind is pointing me to Games because of the word NES for Nintendo ? Is this app just for Games people so they can use the NES gams.. Or as I hope a mapping of keys for other functions for the Smartphone ?

Additionally I have search for the Smartnes.exe to back it up before putting the new one in and I can not find it.

Finnaly where does the ROM questions fit in the topic... In other words please explain this product.... It's good such good reviews I think I want it or do I ?

Guest awarner [MVP]

Right here goes,

NES

This stands for Nintendo Entertainment System.

SmartNES is an emulator which is an app that enables you to play

NES games on your SPV phone.

ROM

The actual game code is called a ROM that you play on the Emulator.

Guest mashkhan

Does anyone know where the configuration information on SmartNES is stored on the phone? I've screwed up my direction keys and card remap them to the direction button on the phone. I've tried deleting the emulator and then copying it back but it still retains the same screwed up keys which leads me to believe it creates a file with the config details. However I can't find it!

Guest mortenth

Help me please....

I have downloaded Smartnes 1,1 to my SPV. My question is hov do I get the nes roms to work. I have placed smartnes.exe and one ROM on my storage card in the root folder.

The ROM file name is bart.NES should it be bart.ROM instead or is it just me who can't do it right

Guest zizione

mashkhan> The configuration is stored in the registry in HKLMSoftwareSmartNES. Just delete the whole key to re-init your config files.

mortenth> You just to put the .exe and the rom files with the .nes extension in the same folder. If it doesn't work, try to send me your rom so that I can test it...

i am having real troble here guys i can't get the emu to find the roms what i have on my card could some one give me some pointers on how this is set up :oops:

Put the ROMs in the same directory as the smartnes.exe, then on the blank screen you get when running smartnes click the left soft key to bring up the file menu, use the thumbpad to highlight 'open rom' and then click the thumbpad and you'll see a list of the roms you have.

For some reason I kept wanting to click the left soft key to select from the menu and this makes it look like you've selected and done nothing. In fact I still do this on lots of programs, I think I use it a bit like a mouse.

Cheers

Marc

PS The ROMs must be in the format gamename.nes

Guest sprouts42

I would like to thank you zizione for an amazing program. I can't believe I get to relive my teenage years playing Probotector, Chip and Dale and Bubble Bobble.

Cheers

Guest Michael Eyres

Thanks Awarner... I thought it was something like this... being a two Smartphone family I guess my Son wants to do this. The ROM code is from Where ?

Guest awarner [MVP]

I can't tell you that sorry :)

Regarding Roms be it NES or gameboy etc, are not alowed to be posted on this forum.

The same goes for links to sites containing ROMs as this would be promoting piracy.

The only suggestion I can give you is to try and do an internet search.

Guest mortenth

:) Finally I got it to work, it was the rom file that i had downloaded that didn't work. ;)

I have to say it's an exellent work, it works fine i really enjoy playing som of my old favorit games on my spv.

Thanks for your help zizione, it's a fine pice of work you have done there :wink:

i have still not got this emu to run nes. files its it becuase the file have to to be called game.rom or will they work if the file is called game.nes (and before any asks yes my phone is unlocked and yes the emu files of in the same dir and smartnes) when i click on file on smartnes and say open rom the just say's Error can not open.

Guest crimminsky
i have still not got this emu to run nes. files its it becuase the file have to to be called game.rom or will they work if the file is called game.nes (and before any asks yes my phone is unlocked and yes the emu files of in the same dir and smartnes) when i click on file on smartnes and say open rom the just say's Error can not open.

you can leave the name as .nes ie jetpac.nes. try another rom. some dont work and I've had that message myself. :cry:

Guest bobroberts

Am I just crap at games or does everything run a bit too fast. Can there be (or is there already eek) a speed limiter to adjust for the hardware variations???

ta