Reverting to stock 1.19 before applying the new OTA

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Brownshoe
Could you use this same method to downgrade to the shipping ROM after you've updated to the OTA update? It would appear that the OTA update is just a patch, whereas this ROM .zip is a full ROM.

This is the million dollar question. You cannot downgrade, as you get the error "FAILED (remote: 43 main version check fail) if you try to re-apply the stock ROM via windows fastboot. If you try via fastboot mode on the phone, it fails the version check. I think we would need a full ROM to be extracted and signed, which, I think, would have to come from whatever source Paul used to get this one.

sorry but im new to all this...but i need help...see i put both files in the root the 1.19 stock ROM and the fastroot. both are in .zip files in the root and when i Power up the phone holding Vol Down and the Power button green text pops up saying cant find PC10IMG.zip and then nothing. what am i doing wrong...please explain...i will be grateful for the help....

this is what i did and it work

Download PC10IMG_Vision_TMOUS_1.19.531.1_Radio_12.21.60.09b _26.02.01.15_M2_release_149459_signed

(the link is somewere in this thread)

*then read name it to PC10IMG.zip

*Put it on the root of your sd card.

*Power down phone

*Power up phone holding Vol Down and Power button.

*Phone will boot into fastboot i believe and then it will look for PC10IMG

*It will ask to flash it you use the vol key and power buttons to do that.

*Once it done it will reboot the phone and all your data will be gone and your be back at factory setting.

Then just rename the ota to update.zip and flash via recovery.

*remover the PC10IMG.zip from root of sd card

* Get back into the fastboot on the phone (setups up there^)

*this time use the vol button to go down to recovery.

*Once at recovery hold vol up and hit the power button.

*then vol down to flash update.zip

Hey man can you help me.just got into the android scene. I dont know where to put the fastboot file and the other one. I tried your way but I can't get it to work. Can you please help. just explain every thing step by step and tell me what specific buttons to push..if its not that much of a problem. Thanks

Guest savi_one

Anyone know a mirrored site for stock ROM download....rapidshare keeps freezing after countdown for download.

Edited by savi_one

Guest savi_one
this is what i did and it work

Download PC10IMG_Vision_TMOUS_1.19.531.1_Radio_12.21.60.09b _26.02.01.15_M2_release_149459_signed

(the link is somewere in this thread)

*then read name it to PC10IMG.zip

*Put it on the root of your sd card.

*Power down phone

*Power up phone holding Vol Down and Power button.

*Phone will boot into fastboot i believe and then it will look for PC10IMG

*It will ask to flash it you use the vol key and power buttons to do that.

*Once it done it will reboot the phone and all your data will be gone and your be back at factory setting.

Then just rename the ota to update.zip and flash via recovery.

*remover the PC10IMG.zip from root of sd card

* Get back into the fastboot on the phone (setups up there^)

*this time use the vol button to go down to recovery.

*Once at recovery hold vol up and hit the power button.

Thanks Carlitz....method was fast and precise!!

*then vol down to flash update.zip

Guest adventurer412
Putting it gently, you should read the post and method already posted by Paul about how this is done. The method does not allow you to write anything to /system/, only delete. If we could write to /system/, we would not have any problems doing anything whatsoever, and everyone would be happy about being able to have permanent root and eMMC memory in the phone unlocked.

Thanks for the gentleman's response! Now I understand and so will others. Also appreciate the method described above for going back to stock without having to type commands into fastboot. Keeps it simple for us newbies. Cheers!

will i did it...my problem was that i would put the file as PC10IMG.zip on to the root of the sd card and all i had to do was remove the .zip from the name and it woked....thank to paul for this and carlit0z G2 for the way to do this.... :rolleyes:

Guest dahalfrican

Rapidshare is denying download of the 1.19 stock ROM due to excessive downloads...any alternative source for dl?

*EDIT* Found alternate source

Edited by Paul

C:\rom>fastboot-windows flash zip PC10IMG_Vision_TMOUS_1.19.531.1_Radio_12.21.60

.09b_26.02.01.15_M2_release_149459_signed.zip

sending 'zip' (126272 KB)... OKAY

writing 'zip'... INFOadopting the signature contained in this image...

INFOsignature checking...

INFOzip header checking...

INFOzip info parsing...

INFOchecking model ID...

INFOchecking custom ID...

INFOchecking main version...

FAILED (remote: 43 main version check fail)

this is what i get

C:\rom>fastboot-windows flash zip PC10IMG_Vision_TMOUS_1.19.531.1_Radio_12.21.60

.09b_26.02.01.15_M2_release_149459_signed.zip

sending 'zip' (126272 KB)... OKAY

writing 'zip'... INFOadopting the signature contained in this image...

INFOsignature checking...

INFOzip header checking...

INFOzip info parsing...

INFOchecking model ID...

INFOchecking custom ID...

INFOchecking main version...

FAILED (remote: 43 main version check fail)

any ideas

Guest androidEyez
I am having problem reverting back to complete stock android after using your remover. I tried to follow your step on how to fix this, but its still not succeding. Where exactly am I supposed to type the information included on your last 3 bullet points. I would really appreciate your help.

I'm having the same issue did you ever findout how to solve it I haven't seen anyone give instructions on a solution? B)

Guest androidEyez
Hello paul,

This is what I'm getting while trying to revert back to stock:

assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/GoogleGoggles,apk","8cd1dd995fca63cae2cacb578c54cb23747217be6","b733f4baafa4c2c5cb381efa4bcf1bae4217c695") E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip (status7) Installation aborted.

I've tried everything to revert back to stock to get the update but a can't get back to stock rom. Can you help??

I'm having same issue wonder why nobody is even trying to answer, or suggest any solutions I have been looking all over the net but no dice all we have is these instructions to revert using fastboot everything works except the end part which gives you the same error about googlegoggle.apk if Paul could step up and comment

on this it would be appreciated just let us know that your looking into it or something please B) [email protected] is my email give me a shout please

all I need is to get past this point to get temp and then perm root for custom ROM's THANKS IN ADVANCE! :)