Snow's i900 ROMS

Guest snowsakura

Guest snowsakura

Righty Right .. sorry for not updating for awhile... been collecting stuff to build the rom :(

hahaha right..

Uploading a new OmniaLite Lite ROM ... ( without the samsung widgets )

WM build :29007 ( yes i have no idea why they are still building new builds despite windows phone 7 is out)

Inside the rom , i have added 3 important things...

Firstly , i have added the OmniaLite keyboard ported from the JD2 rom .. this keyboard includes the fix for the spacing issue in Jinbox

Secondly , I have added in Jinbox 1.0.1.78 ..the latest version i could find... Graphical and functional issues are fixed.. typing issues are fixed with the OmniaLite keyboard provided. ( i am sorry i cant provide support for other keyboards... especially swype... cause.. its not allowed to be even built in roms ;) )

Thirdly , i have added the extender driver.. V1.06 .. with a 4 mb cache enabled.. this effectively means that the extremely slow lag times of text messaging on omnia are gone ;) hehehh.. oh well .. at least it worked for me.. I have been browsing a 30 text msg thread on my phone without any lag so far.... been testing for the last 2 days...

I am currently uploading the rom... compressed in 7z for my convinience of uploading... uploading it to dropbox ... for your convinience too...no irratating file hosters..

@ leap_ahead : hmmm i didnt quite get what you mean.. hmm.. do you want me to build the Cab file for Jinbox ? There are lots of reasons why a cab for jinbox would simply just not work.. for one... Omnialite isoma dlls are needed ... they require the xoframework dll... but i could build the jinbox cab for testing purposes..

Tell me if you want it ;) ( i am really free now.. post Christmas season ) A belated Merry Christmas to you and a happy new year ...

Edit : like wise , you could use Yonn's jinbox

http://rapidshare.com/files/405329146/Yonn_OmniaLITE_Jinbox_1.0.1.78.cab

with the omnialite keyboard.

Apart from that , if you want , you could use Yonns jinbox 1,0.1.28 cab for working space fix

However , there are GUI glitched with that cab... probably hardcoded .. ;) so i was unable to fix it ...

Edited by snowsakura

Guest Raheel Anjum
Righty Right .. sorry for not updating for awhile... been collecting stuff to build the rom :(

hahaha right..

Uploading a new OmniaLite Lite ROM ... ( without the samsung widgets )

WM build :29007 ( yes i have no idea why they are still building new builds despite windows phone 7 is out)

Inside the rom , i have added 3 important things...

Firstly , i have added the OmniaLite keyboard ported from the JD2 rom .. this keyboard includes the fix for the spacing issue in Jinbox

Secondly , I have added in Jinbox 1.0.1.78 ..the latest version i could find... Graphical and functional issues are fixed.. typing issues are fixed with the OmniaLite keyboard provided. ( i am sorry i cant provide support for other keyboards... especially swype... cause.. its not allowed to be even built in roms ;) )

Thirdly , i have added the extender driver.. V1.06 .. with a 4 mb cache enabled.. this effectively means that the extremely slow lag times of text messaging on omnia are gone ;) hehehh.. oh well .. at least it worked for me.. I have been browsing a 30 text msg thread on my phone without any lag so far.... been testing for the last 2 days...

I am currently uploading the rom... compressed in 7z for my convinience of uploading... uploading it to dropbox ... for your convinience too...no irratating file hosters..

@ leap_ahead : hmmm i didnt quite get what you mean.. hmm.. do you want me to build the Cab file for Jinbox ? There are lots of reasons why a cab for jinbox would simply just not work.. for one... Omnialite isoma dlls are needed ... they require the xoframework dll... but i could build the jinbox cab for testing purposes..

Tell me if you want it ;) ( i am really free now.. post Christmas season ) A belated Merry Christmas to you and a happy new year ...

Edit : like wise , you could use Yonn's jinbox

http://rapidshare.com/files/405329146/Yonn_OmniaLITE_Jinbox_1.0.1.78.cab

with the omnialite keyboard.

Apart from that , if you want , you could use Yonns jinbox 1,0.1.28 cab for working space fix

However , there are GUI glitched with that cab... probably hardcoded .. ;) so i was unable to fix it ...

Thanks I will try it. Is it possible for you to make a version without dialer because I prefer to use phoneEX and I read in your post that omnia lite dialer uses 9MB of RAM which is just too much wastage of RAM if one does not uses it?

Edited by Raheel Anjum

Guest leap_ahead

Merry Christmas and a happy new year Snowsakura..

but with Yonn_OmniaLITE_Jinbox_1.0.1.78 i cant Create Msg !!!

and if you can create a cab for working Jinobx !!

thanks !!

Guest snowsakura

Dropbox didnt like exccesive traffic..

uploading rom to multiupload..

hmmm apart from that ... This new rom doesnt use OmniaLite's default dialer..It uses gtx dialer... which uses an average of 2.5 mb of ram..

apart from that , phone ex provides an option to override WM's phone dialer...

will upload rom and jinbox cab soon.. check back here in bout ..30 mins to an hour.. i got slow upload speed...stupid isp. ..

Guest leap_ahead
Dropbox didnt like exccesive traffic..

uploading rom to multiupload..

hmmm apart from that ... This new rom doesnt use OmniaLite's default dialer..It uses gtx dialer... which uses an average of 2.5 mb of ram..

apart from that , phone ex provides an option to override WM's phone dialer...

will upload rom and jinbox cab soon.. check back here in bout ..30 mins to an hour.. i got slow upload speed...stupid isp. ..

we can wait thanks !!

Guest snowsakura

done . new links at the first post...

i officially hate starhub now... 20kbps upload speed... i paid for a 16 mbps broadband cable plan ...and thats what i get...

I am soo switching to M1 isp....

Guest leap_ahead
done . new links at the first post...

i officially hate starhub now... 20kbps upload speed... i paid for a 16 mbps broadband cable plan ...and thats what i get...

I am soo switching to M1 isp....

thanks my friend ...

jinbox Installation was unsuccessful...

i have i900 rom ..not omnia lite rom ...

maybe for that i cant setup it ..

Edited by leap_ahead

Guest snowsakura

hmmm sorry to hear bout that Leap_ahead

i will continue to work on the jinbox cab to get it work..

Meanwhile , have you heard of SilverInbox ?

It was meant to be sms replacement app made by samsung.. however , it was never released and was replaced by jinbox..

Would you like to try silverinbox ?

screenshots attached..

post-542559-1293519368_thumb.png

post-542559-1293519377_thumb.png

Guest leap_ahead
hmmm sorry to hear bout that Leap_ahead

i will continue to work on the jinbox cab to get it work..

Meanwhile , have you heard of SilverInbox ?

It was meant to be sms replacement app made by samsung.. however , it was never released and was replaced by jinbox..

Would you like to try silverinbox ?

screenshots attached..

i know for that ,,, but i like more the Jinbox becasue is different ..

Tried this yesterday, very impressive multitasking. I was able to open calllog, contacts, calendar and clock without getting the autoclosing issue. Nice memory management!

Guest carldavis
Hello everyone . OMNIA i900 is still alive and kicking ;)

Right ...I like to thank Yonn for his nice kitchen ..

THanks to ElCondor from Xda for his CGT black theme

And thanks to Steff195 for the roms he has cooked .. ( i enjoyed it alot )

Righty .. I have been around this forum for along time... ever since i got my omnia...bout 2 years back..

I like to thank the community for all the help that was provided.

To show my appreciation , i have cooked a rom for everyone to enjoy..

NEW ROM

ROM : OmniaLite Lite ROM

WM BUILD : 29007

RAM usage first boot 39.1 mb used /95.54

RAm Usage after 1 hour 42.97 used / 95.54

Storage free ..about 84 mb /115.48

A little known fact: RAM not used is wasted RAM... hence , i tried my best to optimize RAM usage...

Stuff Included..: Same as previous rom plus an additional of obexinbox

Stuff changed : Jinbox Version . Omnia Lite keyboard version .. Lockscreen ( i disliked the one that came with the samsung plugins ) and Dialer ( its now GTX 2g dialer..)

Theme : windows 7 metro theme ( not set by default)

NOte : default keyboard is ms keyboard...change it to omnia lite keyboard if you wish..

Link

http://www.multiupload.com/BY2PYJG5KL
Its for windows xp flashing... Edit : Jinbox 1.0.1.78
http://www.mediafire.com/?6jfpg74uyltvvq9

Cause it was requested.. :( oh right.. Note .. its rather messy . I havent cleared the files up properly.. I have just dumped the registery keys and files into the cab.

But it should work. Do test and report too ;) have fun...

Hope ya guys enjoy it ! .

Edited by carldavis

Guest carldavis

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Snow for a Grt Rom !!

One Prob though i cant update library in wmp or touch player just hangs when updating at "13 files adding".

I have not put any music or videos on SD or My storage so must be reading from phone directly

Help plz.

Carl Davis

:(

Edited by carldavis

Guest carldavis
Hello everyone . OMNIA i900 is still alive and kicking ;)

Right ...I like to thank Yonn for his nice kitchen ..

THanks to ElCondor from Xda for his CGT black theme

And thanks to Steff195 for the roms he has cooked .. ( i enjoyed it alot )

Righty .. I have been around this forum for along time... ever since i got my omnia...bout 2 years back..

I like to thank the community for all the help that was provided.

To show my appreciation , i have cooked a rom for everyone to enjoy..

NEW ROM

ROM : OmniaLite Lite ROM

WM BUILD : 29007

RAM usage first boot 39.1 mb used /95.54

RAm Usage after 1 hour 42.97 used / 95.54

Storage free ..about 84 mb /115.48

A little known fact: RAM not used is wasted RAM... hence , i tried my best to optimize RAM usage...

Stuff Included..: Same as previous rom plus an additional of obexinbox

Stuff changed : Jinbox Version . Omnia Lite keyboard version .. Lockscreen ( i disliked the one that came with the samsung plugins ) and Dialer ( its now GTX 2g dialer..)

Theme : windows 7 metro theme ( not set by default)

NOte : default keyboard is ms keyboard...change it to omnia lite keyboard if you wish..

Link

http://www.multiupload.com/BY2PYJG5KL
or
http://www.mediafire.com/?c141y4bd5vdaak5
Its for windows xp flashing... Edit : Jinbox 1.0.1.78
http://www.mediafire.com/?6jfpg74uyltvvq9

Cause it was requested.. :( oh right.. Note .. its rather messy . I havent cleared the files up properly.. I have just dumped the registery keys and files into the cab.

But it should work. Do test and report too ;) have fun...

Hope ya guys enjoy it ! .

Edited by carldavis

Guest carldavis

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carl Davis

Edited by carldavis

Guest carldavis

found one Problem though i cant update library in wmp or touch player just hangs when updating.

I do not have any media on SD or storage so the only place it is updating the library from is from the phones windows directory.

help plz.

Carl Davis

Edited by carldavis

pics or it didn't happen !

Serious, i'd also appreciate some screenshots. I'll probably won't be trying it out because I finally have spb installed and tweeked just he way I like it. But i would like so see what your rom looks like, i'm curious :(

Very fast Rom, but the characters don't appear when I type anything. I tried Samsung keyboard, windows keyboard, and fingerkeyboard, and none of them show any letters when I write. Also, the space doesn't work.

Guest snowsakura

Hello

Firstly to the issue of updateing the library using touchplayer ( i dont use windowsmedia player.. ) i have media contents on my storage /memory card and main memory. However , i do not get the bug which you are describing of.. The phone might appear to hang ..as there is excessive disk usage when scanning for media files..

@leap_ahead: About the jinbox from rugal , yes i have that cab too and have tried it too... The problem , as yonn has described , is that it is currently not possible to

use Jinbox on a rom built with the original omnia i900 dlls as there will be conflicting dlls.. Stuff will break and cease to have proper functionality..

Will see if i can backport the Jinbox's dlls ... apart from that , Rugal's jinbox works perfectly well for you ?

@sandrc : the space can only be used with samsung's keyboard ... i am not sure if it was a intended bug or not.. in the process of trying to fix it