[LEAK] FroYo Acer_LiquidE_4.002.08_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.05

Guest LIQUID_USER

Guest Labello
It isn't you, this is a hardware problem. Acer Liquids use the same touchscreens as Nexus Ones, and both have problems with multitouch. Specifically, both use the Synaptics ClearPad 2000, which doesn't support true multitouch. To look into specifics, just google that name.

Ohh alright.. thought it was just me.. is there a possible fix? or permanent?

also one question,

would you happen to know why the 3G symbol is always on. i have all my data disabled. g2 g3. still that ugly symbol is there.

but on 2.1 eclair, it doesnt show it, only on 2.2 froyo..

arggg this phone gets me mad.

Guest hatredwicked

okay.. this is for Liquid E..

i've dl-ed and rooted with my A1, failed.. it stated this is for Liquid E version..

waiting for the liquid A1

thx anyways Liquid_User..

Guest Andrea1Liquid
Ohh alright.. thought it was just me.. is there a possible fix? or permanent?

also one question,

would you happen to know why the 3G symbol is always on. i have all my data disabled. g2 g3. still that ugly symbol is there.

but on 2.1 eclair, it doesnt show it, only on 2.2 froyo..

arggg this phone gets me mad.

Phh improved the touchscreen driver to not invert the axis. Unfortunately this actually works some time and some time it doesn't. The 3G icon problem is due to the new Acer interface. The icon is present even if the data is not activated and it become a little bit clearer when there's a real data connection to indicate that. You can notice that the arrows are grey when you're not using the data connection, but they become white when you start to. You just have to get used to it or flash a port (possibly made with phh custom kernel which includes the ts fix)...

Edited by Andrea1Liquid

Guest jayziac
No one is able to convert this bin to Liquid A?

Apparently McBoydesign was the only who was able to port it to work on the A1. I remember reading it had something to do with the bootup part using the old A1, the rest of the ROM uses the new bin.

Guest Piter1225
Apparently McBoydesign was the only who was able to port it to work on the A1. I remember reading it had something to do with the bootup part using the old A1, the rest of the ROM uses the new bin.

The point is that he is able to modify .bin files, maybe someone who has any connections with Acer guys could leak tools needed for that (just saying)

Guest bellanano
He asked for the difference beetween this and Acer_LiquidE_4.002.02_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.04_A1_Pass_protect_MbD.FROYO.bin, not latest bin,so the baseband is NEWER :)

Sorry, didn't read well...

Guest jayziac
okay.. this is for Liquid E..

i've dl-ed and rooted with my A1, failed.. it stated this is for Liquid E version..

waiting for the liquid A1

thx anyways Liquid_User..

When flashing it, on the liquid's screen there should be a line that says:

Build Date: xx/yy/zzzz

Do you remember what the build date was? Trying to make sure this ROM is actually newer than the already released 4.504b which has the same baseband (05.01.05).

Guest TheShak
IT'S THERE ANYONE THAT KNOWS DIFFFERENCE FROM PREVIOUS Acer_LiquidE_4.002.02_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.04_A1_Pass_protect_MbD.FROYO.bin ?

THANK YOU.

The baseband is updated, now it's 0.5.01.05

He asked for the difference beetween this and Acer_LiquidE_4.002.02_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.04_A1_Pass_protect_MbD.FROYO.bin, not latest bin,so the baseband is NEWER :)

The baseband is the same as the last Froyo release which was Acer_LiquidE_4.504b.00_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.05_A1_Pass_protect_MbD.bin

So no "real" difference.

Thanks

Guest TheShak

The McBoyDesign link is UP!

http://www.mcboydesign.fr/media/acer_liqui...A1_PASS_MdB.bin

MD5 checksum: 0A25659258764B2CEB4CE5A2F24E3F44 Acer_LiquidE_4.002.08_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.05_A1_PASS_MdB.bin

So for you A1 users ... Good luck. Here is the original link to read all the changes http://www.mcboydesign.fr/?p=174

Thanks

Edited by TheShak

Guest Dario93
The McBoyDesign link is UP!

http://www.mcboydesign.fr/media/acer_liqui...A1_PASS_MdB.bin

MD5 checksum: 0A25659258764B2CEB4CE5A2F24E3F44 Acer_LiquidE_4.002.08_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.05_A1_PASS_MdB.bin

So for you A1 users ... Good luck. Here is the original link to read all the changes http://www.mcboydesign.fr/?p=174

Thanks

How fast!! Good work! :)

Guest TheShak

Here are the changes so it seems the McB has added more to the Acer Rom from his blog...

downloading... ready to flash...

---- McBoyDesign Blog ---

05 nov November

ACER LIQUID:Acer_LiquidE_4.002.08_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.05_A1_PASS_MdB ACER LIQUID: Acer_LiquidE_4.002.08_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.05_A1_PASS_MdB

Voici la nouvelle leak (merci à LIQUIDUSER), modifié pour passer sur nos ACER Liquid A1 S100 256Mo. Here's the new leak (thank you liquidus), modified to pass on our ACER Liquid A1 S100 256MB.

Rien n'a été enlevé, mais ce qui a été ajouté: Nothing has been removed, but what was added:

-Root Root

-Busybox Busybox-

-EsTrong Filemanager EStrongs-Filemanager

-EsTrong TaskManager EStrongs-TaskManager

-SuperUser , SuperUser

-QuickBoot -QuickBoot

-Terminal Emulator Terminal Emulator

-Titanium Backup Titanium-Backup

La bin est à flasher comme d'habitude avec ACER Tools. The bin is for flashing as usual with ACER Tools. MD5 Pass MD5 Pass

Edited by TheShak

So... this is a "new" leak / older than the last leak / more or less equal to the last leak... ?

The baseband is the same as the last leak (and perhaps the last ever baseband) but how about the kernel? how about included Acer/Android apps?

Guest Koki1337
Phh improved the touchscreen driver to not invert the axis. Unfortunately this actually works some time and some time it doesn't. The 3G icon problem is due to the new Acer interface. The icon is present even if the data is not activated and it become a little bit clearer when there's a real data connection to indicate that. You can notice that the arrows are grey when you're not using the data connection, but they become white when you start to. You just have to get used to it or flash a port (possibly made with phh custom kernel which includes the ts fix)...

Seriously this Synaptics ClearPad 2000 does need a proper fix.

It's annoying with the touchscreen input just jumping around.

By the way, I did some Googling and somehow the Nexus One has problems with the touchscreen sensitivity issue (jumps when it's below 75)

Guest hatredwicked
When flashing it, on the liquid's screen there should be a line that says:

Build Date: xx/yy/zzzz

Do you remember what the build date was? Trying to make sure this ROM is actually newer than the already released 4.504b which has the same baseband (05.01.05).

i dont think it's that new.. i can only affirm this to ya.

Guest TheShak

Well...

Baseband A1-05.01.05

Kernel: 2.6.29

However it's Rooted (without Malez Recovery) straight out of the box!

Also has the Apps you most use pre-installed.

as expected all acer bits work, BT, WiFi, Tethering, GPS, sensors etc.

Cheers!

Edited by TheShak

Guest jayziac
Well...

Baseband A1-05.01.05

Cheers!

For those who have installed this, can you check what the build date is in the file /system/build.prop? Use a file explorer and open it as a text or html file. The last leak 4.504b was built on Oct 5. Wondering if this is more recent.

Guest Andrea1Liquid
Well...

Baseband A1-05.01.05

Cheers!

Quadrant? Linpack?

@Koki1337: it is an hardware related problem. Drivers can partially "resolve" the problem, but if the touchscreen can't handle that input there's nothing to do. It is like to want a Fiat Punto to go to 300 km/h, that's impossible, but you can optimize some pieces to partially achive this. Maybe some time the car will explode and another time it will go upside down (But it didn't explode :) !), but a Fiat Punto will never go to 300 km/h like a Ferrari would do.

Guest acer liquid e

for me i will tell all my of you who haven't flash this rom.... NOOD NEED TO DO THAT.... cause i didn't notice any changes.... sad about that... no root also....

Quadrant? Linpack?

@Koki1337: it is an hardware related problem. Drivers can partially "resolve" the problem, but if the touchscreen can't handle that input there's nothing to do. It is like to want a Fiat Punto to go to 300 km/h, that's impossible, but you can optimize some pieces to partially achive this. Maybe some time the car will explode and another time it will go upside down (But it didn't explode :) !), but a Fiat Punto will never go to 300 km/h like a Ferrari would do.

I love fiat punto (although not as much as a ferrari)!! =D

Guest jayziac
for me i will tell all my of you who haven't flash this rom.... NOOD NEED TO DO THAT.... cause i didn't notice any changes.... sad about that... no root also....

At this point the Froyo ROMs are probably all minor fixes to make it more stable & efficient. I doubt linpack & quadrant scores will change much. If it's a more recent build than Oct 5th from 4.504b then it's probably still a better ROM even if one doesn't notice it from a day's use.

With a bug fix release like this the best way I can think to find what might be changed it to follow these steps:

1. Flash Old Bin

2. Nandroid backup

3. Flash New Bin

4. Nandroid Backup

5. Copy Nandroid Backup's to PC

6. Use unyaffs.exe to extract img files into folders

7. Run folder comparison tool ie WinMerge to compare all files.

This will then show every single file add remove or change and you will have a good idea of any changes made by acer. You can generate a .csv report of the files that are different in WinMerg to share with others. This kind of report would also be very useful for people trying to update A custom Roms from the previous Leak.

Note not all img files need to be extracted and compared. Maybe Just System and Data.

Also A Full wipe/reset to defaults etc may be needed before the above steps to remove as much personal data as possible from the comparison.

Edited by Latent