[LEAK] FroYo Acer_LiquidE_4.002.08_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.05

Guest LIQUID_USER

i'm not responsible if it didn't work :D

but normally it should work :huh:

be sure that you ahve installed busybox, otherwise click on problems?

Thanks again :rolleyes: worked almost perfectly a few apps didn't update properly but either updated manually using titanium backup or just redownloaded from market place.

And my angry birds kept my data :huh: awesome

so far this rom does seem to be smoother than the older leak.

Is the Acer UI faster?

I would really like to use it for a few of the features like the phone screen, but it always seemed so slow compared to the Android UI. The other thing I never liked was the way the apps are not alphabetized.

Everything else was gravy...

Is the Acer UI faster?

I would really like to use it for a few of the features like the phone screen, but it always seemed so slow compared to the Android UI. The other thing I never liked was the way the apps are not alphabetized.

Everything else was gravy...

I use the acer ui with lanucherpro for than a month before on the older leadk. i still need a bit to see if the acer ui (breeze ui) is better than the previous build.

Guest jayziac
To revert to stock Android theme (white bar with black letters) you need to modify services.jar (at xda there are good guides for that), than also change some files inside framework-res.apk

Download the fille I attached (with its original name), connect with ADB

adb remount

adb pull /system/framework/framework-res.apk framework-res.apk

adb pull /system/framework/framework-res.apk backup-framework-res.apk

open framework-res.apk with WinRar, go to /res/drawable-hdpi/ and copy there file which I've attached, than:

adb push framework-res.apk /system/framework

Should work

I get:

C:\android\tools>adb remount

remount failed: Operation not permitted

And so I can't overwrite the framework-res.apk. I have busybox & root installed from the mcboydesign latest ROM.

Guest umair9001
I get:

And so I can't overwrite the framework-res.apk. I have busybox & root installed from the mcboydesign latest ROM.

U need to put this rooted boot image.

boot_froyo.img

Guest Piter1225
I get:

Make sure you have usb debugging on

Guest jayziac
Make sure you have usb debugging on

usb debugging was on. I worked around it by copying the the framework-res.apk to /sdcard, and then 'su' in adb shell and copying it to the /system/framework dir. It immediately rebooted my liquid and my wallpaper went back to default but I still had a white status bar on top with white text, so I reverted back to original stock theme. Not worth the trouble and risk bricking my phone.

Guest BlackMagician
No, everything as it was...

I checked it out by taking a pic immediately after installation and downloading it to my pc. Windows properties showed the exif correctly and Picasa also filed it properly. Then I installed LCR-F and.. er. it got screwed up again. Hence why I'm asking if anyone can upload the leak's camera apk in another thread...

Update: It's really really strange. I even ended up reinstalling the whole leak from scratch and it's not working.. again! I give up. This feature is too important for me, so I've gone back to the official, 2.1 which has always worked fine. I have 150MB to play with, speed is good and camera works properly. No more 2.2 until the official version comes out.

Edited by BlackMagician

Guest hossiam

Buttons sometimes need an extra press to work. Using the acer ui and for some reason loving it. Swype not working but the mic button is showing up on it, nice. Anyone else have the same issue with swype? version2.10.52.13753.t100 I think it is because the notification bar is at the bottom but doesnt work in android ui. I will try reinstalling in the android ui and then see what happens.

post-766172-1289666834_thumb.png

Edited by hossiam

Guest hossiam
I checked it out by taking a pic immediately after installation and downloading it to my pc. Windows properties showed the exif correctly and Picasa also filed it properly. Then I installed LCR-F and.. er. it got screwed up again. Hence why I'm asking if anyone can upload the leak's camera apk in another thread...

Update: It's really really strange. I even ended up reinstalling the whole leak from scratch and it's not working.. again! I give up. This feature is too important for me, so I've gone back to the official, 2.1 which has always worked fine. I have 150MB to play with, speed is good and camera works properly. No more 2.2 until the official version comes out.

Camera apk

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EZ2ELAC4

hi everyone,

I updated my liquid (256MB version), to froyo, but i have some problems.

1- I have few internal memory avaliable (80MB, afer updated, no apps instaled)

2- battery doesnt last very much. (Less than a day, and with eclair used to last 1.5 days)

3 - if i move apps with titanium to memory card, the full app size is moved to SD or some of part of it still in internal phone's memory??

( i used a application app2sd, but just alow to move some apps to SD).

thx

Guest Delnar_Ersike
hi everyone,

I updated my liquid (256MB version), to froyo, but i have some problems.

1- I have few internal memory avaliable (80MB, afer updated, no apps instaled)

2- battery doesnt last very much. (Less than a day, and with eclair used to last 1.5 days)

3 - if i move apps with titanium to memory card, the full app size is moved to SD or some of part of it still in internal phone's memory??

( i used a application app2sd, but just alow to move some apps to SD).

thx

1 - Acer might have added a few apps or resized the partitions on the device memory in this bin. You could try removing some of the system apps (like Spinlets).

2 - Check to see if you have WiFi or GPS enabled, and check your WiFi sleep policy. You could decrease the brightness of the screen, that might also help. Also, some background apps can really drain your battery with their constant updating or checking/polling: popular culprits are live wallpapers, auto-updating widgets, Tasker, or any other app that periodically checks for a certain state.

3 - The entire app is never moved to the SD, only a certain part of the app (probably the stuff in the res and assets folder within the apk).

Hi, I feel this too. I was using 4.504b leak for 2-3 weeks prior to using this leak and the battery lasted longer with heavier usage.

I'm reverting back to 4.504b to confirm this.

Hi, I feel this too. I was using 4.504b leak for 2-3 weeks prior to using this leak and the battery lasted longer with heavier usage.

I'm reverting back to 4.504b to confirm this.

I'm confirming this (at least in my case) that the 4.504b has better battery life.

Guest TheShak
I'm confirming this (at least in my case) that the 4.504b has better battery life.

As Delnar said a few posts ago, running this leak with all the Acer stuff I found battery life was not that good. Howver after a day it did get slightly better.

So to get great performance I got rid of Spinlets, UrFooz, Social Jogger, Twitter, FB and RoadSync. Plus other stuff I did not need such as HomeScreen tips etc.

Then I did a data wipe through Malez which released more system ram and then used the phone, this gave me the best battery life out all the leaks.

To be scientific I should do that with 4.504b...

Hope it helps?

thanks