StreakDroid FroYo v1.4.2 - Announcement Thread

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Vano3408
just clockwork, link fixed now :rolleyes:

Hi Steve, for update from 1.2 to 1.3 should I make factory reset before apply Update.zip ? If not, will this updtae wipe my data ?

Guest racerboy99
its totally stock android theme now no skin at all. and DO NOT factory reset unless your on 1.1.1 it will bootloop

Thanks, flashing the baseband though, yes?

Guest racerboy99
its totally stock android theme now no skin at all. and DO NOT factory reset unless your on 1.1.1 it will bootloop

Thanks, flashing the baseband though, yes?

Definitely smoother and faster. Although my Linpack scores are WAY down, Quadrant scores (especially CPU) are a little better.

Only thing i dont like is the white notification bar, its completely at odds with the theme i have going.

Guest Stephen Hyde
Definitely smoother and faster. Although my Linpack scores are WAY down, Quadrant scores (especially CPU) are a little better.

Only thing i dont like is the white notification bar, its completely at odds with the theme i have going.

themes will need to be updated for this build :rolleyes:

Guest bhull521

FYI, I just applied the 1.3 update over the 1.2 and everything went fine.

Clockworkmod - update.zip - reboot.

All is good.

It looks like if you were on 1.2 already there is no need to flash baseband?

If you were on 1.1.1 & 2.1 baseband you would have to follow those instructions on page 1 to get up to 1.3

Am I correct Steve? and thanks once again.

Edit: Oooops! same issue with "Brightness"

Edited by bhull521

Guest streaker3000
ahh, did you check to see if the apn settings are correct?

OK... went from v1.2 to v1.3 but still no data... went to 1.1.1 no data.

then to v1.2 again.. Now I have data... hmmm.

Guest epuarlana

I know the question has already been kind of answered.. but I'm on 1.2 now.. wouldn't it be "cleaner" to do a factory reset/wipe before updating to 1.3? I understand that it's not necessary.. but I think it would be a cleaner system to start, wouldn't it?

Guest bag0rice
I know the question has already been kind of answered.. but I'm on 1.2 now.. wouldn't it be "cleaner" to do a factory reset/wipe before updating to 1.3? I understand that it's not necessary.. but I think it would be a cleaner system to start, wouldn't it?

if you do a Factory reset on 1.2 or 1.3 you will need to go back to 1.1.1

Guest User Error

weird situation here. flashed 1.3, it booted but said safe mode, went to reboot and got stuck in boot loop. went to reflash but accidentally selected factory reset, so flashed old baseband, then 1.1.1, booted, all good. flashed new baseband, 1.2, then 1.3 and got stuck on dell logo again. usually have no real issues with updates so i'm at a loss as to what is going on here.

Guest streaker3000

OK... all working now with v1.2. Wondrous job S.Hyde.

Froyo improvements seem to be mostly UI dynamic... But is there an alternative to the data toggles (wifi, airplane) from the top right status bar from 2.1? That was a key UI function IMO.