StreakDroid FroYo v1.4.2 - Announcement Thread

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Mirrdhyn

Very good release Stephen :rolleyes:

But I have two issues on my streak :

FC on brightness too,

And Google Calendar appears very strangly, I have not my meeting when I display by week or by month, but by list it works.

Thank you again for this build :huh:

Guest epuarlana
if you do a Factory reset on 1.2 or 1.3 you will need to go back to 1.1.1

thank you for the fast answer. The 1.3 update went fine - like a charm :rolleyes:

@Steve: I really love the white notification bar :huh:) THANK YOU!!!

Guest digthemlows

I keep losing my widgets in ADW........Facebook, Beautiful Weather, Twitter will all be working then I'll go back and have "Problem Loading Widget" in a black bar..........has happened multiple times.

Guest gingernator

Haven't had any rotation issues yet, even after youtube videos which is cool. One of my most used apps vplayer now displays a black screen when I try to play a video which is a shame, rockplayer still works fine though.

Guest adzman808

hi guys,

could someone please tell me the following re 1.3

is rotation lagginess fixed? (what about after using you tube*)

does usb tethering work?

does wireless tethering work?

does the music/media player still have the insert-then-remove-headphones-to-get-external-sound bug?

thanks one & all... the reason i ask all this is that so far i've ran with every release that Steve has made, but for my usage nothing has yet eclipsed 1.0 which is still the only build i've used where (*)youtube may force a rotation on/off toggle but never a reboot (unlike 1.1.1 / 1.2)

[basically for me at least, Steve smashed 2.2 @ 1.0, everything works for me that i care about & barnicle fixes the one bug]

if anyone has answers to the above pls let me know!

Got FC on brightness setting but thats about it. Wifi hotspot still works (using it on this laptop as I go) and unfortunately USB tethering didn't work my first try. Will try rebooting and see. Otherwise. all is well.

edit: I meant wifi hotspot

Edited by Cue_32

Guest neil tring

updated via clockwork, loaded ui etc but cannot add APN settings (blank screen) and the three home buttons flash.

tried flashing new baseband but no luck, would that be the problem?

Guest cowballz
No limitation on fps.

Neocore -> 32,7 fps and 47 fps max with Quadrant

ahh yea your right, the dell ui is really nice, to bad the scrolling is so laggy, no where as smooth as launcher pro scrolling

Guest Adilson

Several new languages, including Brazilian Portuguese! Thanks Steve! Now, if I only could disable this damn Dell sync app...

Edited by Adilson

Guest rockymtnbri
just clockwork, link fixed now :rolleyes:

Steve, can you update the first page at least to differentiate the 1.2 versus 1.3 instructions. Am I to understand that to move from a successful 1.2 build to your new 1.3 build, all you need to do is use clockworkmod to flash the update file, and NOT run Fastboot to apply the amss file? Just asking for clarification before I decide to jump. Would it also be possible for you to list more of the benefits of 1.3?

Guest mzsigler
Steve, can you update the first page at least to differentiate the 1.2 versus 1.3 instructions. Am I to understand that to move from a successful 1.2 build to your new 1.3 build, all you need to do is use clockworkmod to flash the update file, and NOT run Fastboot to apply the amss file? Just asking for clarification before I decide to jump. Would it also be possible for you to list more of the benefits of 1.3?

The baseband appears to be unchanged, so yes, just flash in clockwork.

Guest rockymtnbri
The baseband appears to be unchanged, so yes, just flash in clockwork.

Cool. I'll try it in a bit. UPDATE - easy peasy! Applied it by just using clockworkmod. Done! Like the white border as well, and now there's an AT&T notification! Also see 3G and Bluetooth icons! Also sounds like the sound issue some folks ran into (like me) went away.

Edited by rockymtnbri

Guest mzsigler
Cool. I'll try it in a bit. UPDATE - easy peasy! Applied it by just using clockworkmod. Done! Like the white border as well, and now there's an AT&T notification! So far so good!

I'm still trying to get it to boot, might have to flash back to 1.1 and all.