StreakDroid FroYo v1.4.2 - Announcement Thread

Guest Stephen Hyde

OK good news it works here is what i did

i was on the 1.20.0

i downloaded the new update and installed the basband and updated to 1.30 via clockworkmod

when it booted up it was slow as crap and all my data was still there i went to setting and check out about and it said 1.30 froyo dj stev.

so here is what i did i downgraded to 1.1.1 and then made sure it booted once it did i shut down and did factory reset

once that was done i installed the 1.30 and after 5 mins the streak loaded up no issues so far i took my sim card out my torch and dropped it into the streak data connection work and market working no issues and dell stage seems to be running nice

Guest proclean2000
updated via clockwork, loaded ui etc but cannot add APN settings (blank screen) and the three home buttons flash.

tried flashing new baseband but no luck, would that be the problem?

I seem to have the same problem on ATT streak am giving up on it for now. I tried to manually add the apn settings and it FC's when I try to save. The home buttons are flashing and the screen is so jittery and extra sensitive I could barley type. FAIL for me for now... Not sure what I did wrong but after several attempts its a no go sadly...Will just go to 2.1 and wait...

Guest RSullivan

Installed 1.3 and everything appears to be working. The only issue I see is the force close on the brightness setting.

very happy to have the FFC back, thanks again!

edit: It appears I'm having the same issue with the calendar as well, only renders on the agenda view. This build is quite a bit faster than 1.2!

Edited by RSullivan

Guest cowballz

Im on dell streak with my att using latest firm, upgraded from 1.1.1, only problem so far is brightness witch was solved with brightness widget that I use anyways,

Guest RSullivan

It appears that there is an issue with the Wifi Tethering (hot spot). I've been able to recreate the issue a few times using the following steps:

1. Enable hot spot tethering

2. Connect via PC -> it connects fine but does not get an IP

3. The mobile network drops on the Streak

At this point I'm unable to get the mobile network back. Disabling hot spot, toggling wifi, toggling mobile networks, etc. The only way to get mobile networks back is by rebooting.

Also, I'm unable to get USB tethering to work (enables but never connects just like in 1.2, driver maybe?). So at this point, no tethering at all....

(AT&T Streak w/ 1.3)

Guest mzsigler

Seems to be an error in the clockspeed settings causing this:

F/PrintK  (  139): <2>[I2C]IRQ:  90 W2 NAK (63C8)

E/PrintK  (   61): <3>Unable to increase ACPU vdd (-5)

F/PrintK  (   73): <2>[I2C]IRQ:  90 W2 NAK (43C8)

W/PrintK  (   61): <4>Unable to drop ACPU vdd (-5)

F/PrintK  (  139): <2>[I2C]IRQ:  90 W2 NAK (63C8)

F/PrintK  ( 3308): <2>[I2C]IRQ:  90 W2 NAK (43C8)

F/PrintK  (  384): <2>[I2C]IRQ:  90 W2 NAK (63C8)

Was giving me that error on a fresh install. I tried installing setcpu but it still gave me the error. Did I miss something?

I cannot get either Touchdown or native Exchange sync working on 1.3. Both are giving me SSL issues when trying to attempt an initial connection.

most of the time, touchdown errors with this:

SSL shutdown failed: I/O error during system call, Broken pipe: Exception performing request

when it does go though once in a blue moon, it gives this error:

trying activesync protocol 2.5...

ActiveSync provisioning returns HTTP:0

Error provisioning ActiveSync: Policy status is 0

As for my Exchange server having issues, I doubt that, as I work at Microsoft :rolleyes: There's a legion of IT guys maintaining this.

Native google setup finally worked after a few failures, but I really want touchdown working :huh: I bet you changed some SSL libraries in this update?

Edited by Phylar

Guest jannism

Big thanks from me, again.

FYI I went from 1.1.1 to 1.3 and I also get FC with brightness via menu/settings (but can control it via the extended controls widget). Also, I've noticed the CPU doesn't appear to be scaling - possibly related, I don't know.

Guest Mirrdhyn

F/dalvikvm(  672): Exception!!! threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x4001d940)

E/AndroidRuntime(  672): FATAL EXCEPTION: main

E/AndroidRuntime(  672): java.lang.NullPointerException

E/AndroidRuntime(  672): 	at com.android.settings.BrightnessPreference.onBindDialogView(BrightnessPreference.java:88)

E/AndroidRuntime(  672): 	at android.preference.DialogPreference.showDialog(DialogPreference.java:288)

E/AndroidRuntime(  672): 	at android.preference.DialogPreference.onClick(DialogPreference.java:265)

E/AndroidRuntime(  672): 	at android.preference.Preference.performClick(Preference.java:810)

E/AndroidRuntime(  672): 	at android.preference.PreferenceScreen.onItemClick(PreferenceScreen.java:190)

E/AndroidRuntime(  672): 	at android.widget.AdapterView.performItemClick(AdapterView.java:284)

E/AndroidRuntime(  672): 	at android.widget.ListView.performItemClick(ListView.java:3382)

E/AndroidRuntime(  672): 	at android.widget.AbsListView$PerformClick.run(AbsListView.java:1696)

E/AndroidRuntime(  672): 	at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:587)

E/AndroidRuntime(  672): 	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92)

E/AndroidRuntime(  672): 	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)

E/AndroidRuntime(  672): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4627)

E/AndroidRuntime(  672): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)

E/AndroidRuntime(  672): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:521)

E/AndroidRuntime(  672): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:876)

E/AndroidRuntime(  672): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:634)

E/AndroidRuntime(  672): 	at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

F/PrintK  (  342): <2>[I2C]IRQ:  90 W2 NAK (63C8)

W/ActivityManager(  135):   Force finishing activity com.android.settings/.DisplaySettings

W/ActivityManager(  135): Activity pause timeout for HistoryRecord{48817ff0 com.android.settings/.DisplaySettings}

F/PrintK  (  537): <2>[I2C]IRQ:  90 W2 NAK (63C8)

F/PrintK  (   72): <2>[I2C]IRQ:  90 W2 NAK (63C8)

F/PrintK  (  135): <2>[I2C]IRQ:  90 W2 NAK (63C8)

F/PrintK  (	0): <2>[I2C]IRQ:  90 W2 NAK (63C8)

F/PrintK  (	0): <2>[I2C]IRQ:  90 W2 NAK (63C8)

F/PrintK  (  681): <2>[I2C]IRQ:  90 W2 NAK (43C8)

W/PrintK  (  672): ndroid.settings(672) sends SIGKILL to ndroid.settings(672)

D/PrintK  (  135): <6>binder: 135:281 transaction failed 29189, size 52-0

D/PrintK  (  135): <6>binder: 135:281 transaction failed 29189, size 52-0

I/ActivityManager(  135): Process com.android.settings (pid 672) has died.

I/WindowManager(  135): WIN DEATH: Window{487f0680 com.android.settings/com.android.settings.Settings paused=false}

I/WindowManager(  135): WIN DEATH: Window{487f0e78 com.android.settings/com.android.settings.DisplaySettings paused=false}

When I change the brightness, I have this log.

Stephen, I hope this log can help you :rolleyes:

Feel free to ask me if you need more logs :huh:

I will test to clear the dalvik cache and restart my streak (fingers crossed).

Guest RedSlug

Installed 1.3.0 after factory reset....

Camera force closes. Even after clean dalvik cache using titanium backup

same with camcorder.

If you need any logs, I'll try to help.

Edited by RedSlug

Guest Adilson

Mine is working 100% so far, I am happy as a ping in the poop, despite the fact that I don't know how a pig can be happy in such conditions and I did work with pigs before :rolleyes:

got an issue too with 1.3.0

Same like others with brightless and when i'm trying to customize any ringtone like SMS alert, phone call alert etc unable to custom the ringtone... No sound and force close.

Guest epuarlana
I cannot get either Touchdown or native Exchange sync working on 1.3. Both are giving me SSL issues when trying to attempt an initial connection.

Touchdown is working fine over here. SSL-Server protection also works.

I used to have configuration problems on 1.2, it didn't sync anything. After I restored my settings from within the touchdown-application, it worked like a charm again.

Guest mzsigler
I don't know for you but I'm staying with 1.1.1 for the time being! Both 1.2 and 1.3 have much problems and 1.1.1 is almost trouble free!

Yeah, it's a beta build. Bugs are to be expected. Finding and fixing them is part of the fun.

Guest symbiotix

Looking for some help!

I had 1.3 working fine, and then I tried to re-install some select apps using Titanium Backup. Now the Streak is frozen at the Dell logo. I have tried several factory resets, but it continues to freeze. I have also tried a re-install of the 1.3 update.zip but it still hangs at the Dell logo. Any suggestions?

-P@

Guest rockymtnbri
Looking for some help!

I had 1.3 working fine, and then I tried to re-install some select apps using Titanium Backup. Now the Streak is frozen at the Dell logo. I have tried several factory resets, but it continues to freeze. I have also tried a re-install of the 1.3 update.zip but it still hangs at the Dell logo. Any suggestions?

-P@

Search the forum - someone else here had the same problem, but with 1.2. You probably corrupted a Data directory.

Guest Damobster54
Looking for some help!

-P@

Sounds like your install got corrupted somehow. Try this,

Flash 1.11 and let it boot into the ui,

Factory reset (optional: it has worked for me without it, but sounds like you may need it) Let it boot into the ui

Flash 1.3 and you should be all set.

Guest adzman808
Yeah, it's a beta build. Bugs are to be expected. Finding and fixing them is part of the fun.

never a truer word said...

it can be frustrating when bugs appear that weren't there in previous versions..

eg it's great that tethering works, but it's annoying that media often needs h'phones connecting/disconnecting to get external sound

this then means users have to 'chose' between which version best suits their needs

but fundamentally we have no cause to complain as without Steve we'd all just be at the mercy of dell's 2.2 roll out schedule....

but i'd recommend that anyone thinking of flashing any of Steve's builds reads every associated post first to ensure the version they're thinking of using hasn't got particular bugs that will effect their particular usage pattern

for my €0.02, Steve hasn't eclipsed V1.1.1 for my particular usage needs, but for "you all" this could easily not be the case

v1.1.1 + barnicle covers every single thing i need the phone to do (i don't get call waiting on PAYG & don't care about 720p)

but for someone else call waiting is a must have, so they need 1.2 or 1.3 (+ BB)

the info is available for everyone both here & at XDA

[@fellow noobs, xda has the better search facility :rolleyes:]

Guest thehodapp

Well I upgraded from 1.1.1 to 1.3 and I'm having 2 major bugs. My sim card is not working and I have no service. Secondly the capacitive buttons just blink.

I am on an unlocked beta streak and I've never had to upgrade the baseband before. Should I do that now? Or any other fixes?

Guest Damobster54
Well I upgraded from 1.1.1 to 1.3 and I'm having 2 major bugs. My sim card is not working and I have no service. Secondly the capacitive buttons just blink.

I am on an unlocked beta streak and I've never had to upgrade the baseband before. Should I do that now? Or any other fixes?

Any build past 1.1.1 won't work without the baseband update. It's the only way to get service.