StreakDroid FroYo v1.4.2 - Announcement Thread

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Stevewt

Stephen update flashed (from 1.4.1) with no problems using clockwork. Ringtone setting still cannot be changed. Will this fix be in the next update? (I'm actually more concerned with alarm ringtones as I have a number of custom alarms) Thanks for your work!

Edited by Stevewt

Guest Stephen Hyde
Stephen update flashed (from 1.4.1) with no problems using clockwork. Ringtone setting still cannot be changed. Will this fix be in the next update? (I'm actually more concerned with alarm ringtones as I have a number of custom alarms) Thanks for your work!

possibly im looking into the issue

Guest pappyfire

This may be a dumb question, but here goes anyway...

I'm running the Official (Stephen's Untouched version of it). Can I go from there to 1.4.1 then 1.4.2? If not, what sequence do I need to do?

Guest Stephen Hyde
This may be a dumb question, but here goes anyway...

I'm running the Official (Stephen's Untouched version of it). Can I go from there to 1.4.1 then 1.4.2? If not, what sequence do I need to do?

You can go staight from that build to 1.4.1

Guest kitsanchaw

Hi Stephen

I need some help with my Dell Streak...

Would appreciate if you can assist

when i first get my Streak, it is on 1.6 with base GAUSB1A111800

After i did a manual update to 2.2, it just hang at the Dell Screen and when i try to downgrade back to 2.1, it cannot be done as well and got errors like can't obtain the boot file from the package

My current base is GAUSB1A110421 and i can only boot this unit to the Dell Logo screen.

My friends with the similar units managed to upgrade to 2.2 with the base GAUSB1A130900 with Streak_309_0_00.pkg

I tried on mine and it read FOTA error.

Are you able to help me to install my Streak from GAUSB1A110421 to GAUSB1A130900

thank you.

Guest bhull521

Hi Stephen,

Great work, I was thinking of how close you are getting to having a perfect ROM or one with no more bugs.

1600 Quadrant score ??? who would have thought?

I think the ringtone / notification issue and a couple of other things might finish it off.

I have have had this Streak since ... July? I think. From US AT&T 1.6 to now has been quite the evolution.

Thanks to you, Fards and others who have made this all possible. B) :) :)

Guest bostonguy
start log from just before starting calender until its loaded for a bit, email/pastebin/pm would work

scratch that no need for logs i just fixed it B) borrowed the callender app from official

Thanks a bunch Steve - you da man!

Is anyone else having problems with using the front facing camera with Fring? I am only getting video feed from the rear camera. I did not have any issues on any other version of Android.

Also this may have been addressed already, but is anyone else getting a browser crash when they exit the stock Android browser?

I am on a ATT US Dell Streak on Froyo 1.3.

Having same issue with fring working with the Front Facing Camera in 1.4.2 and official release from dell. Steve is there a fix for this?

Guest punkrckriot

Tried the search function and nothing popped up for me so I'm assuming that this problem is my own. However, is anyone else having an issue with the streak rebooting about 15 seconds after placing or recieveing a phone call on 1.4.2?

Stephen u rocks as always B)

.. i still got my issue of uninstalling the built-in LauncherPro, I have the PRO version of LauncherPRO but everytime i upgrade it always failed :) TIA

Guest PeteBest
you can go from official to 1.4.1 without reset ya know

Thanks for the reply mate, but sadly that didn't work either. Just got stuck at the dell logo for 20mins, reflashed official 2.2 and it booted inside 5mins B)

Thinking about it, my CWM can't be too broken as that's how I installed 1.1.1 without any problems...

Edited by PeteBest

Guest JaysFreaky
Stephen u rocks as always B)

.. i still got my issue of uninstalling the built-in LauncherPro, I have the PRO version of LauncherPRO but everytime i upgrade it always failed :) TIA

If you make a backup of your LP settings and then restore them after you flash, it'll remember you have pro and then you won't have to be bothered to uninstall or whatever.

Hi Steve

Have been using your ROM and have not had the time to move on to 1.4 yet as I am out of town....and need a working fone/gps at hand. Quite happy so far and am sure the 1.4 is as good if not better...will install ehn i am back

Will you be dishing out a vanilla version of the rom ever? you knw minus the launchers, and other apps like astaro etc? I ask, as I too use launcherpro and have other paid aps - you need to manually remove the ones after flashing so you can replace with your paid ones

Also, has anyone got the new dell/nero sync app working with outlook and streak? are you able to sync contacts, tasks and calender like the earlier one? I desperately need this as I cannot use Exchange as out admin does not allow - so I have to sync with outlook and sync with Gmail contact/tasks/calender is not an option I am looking for...

Thanks/DD

Guest Stephen Hyde
"Installation aborted" when i try to flash 1.4.2.

Is it just an update that goes on top of 1.4.1? Because the file I'm getting is only around 20MB.

Yep incremental uodate on top of 1.4.1. It wont flash using misterdmans recovery though

Guest Stephen Hyde
"Installation aborted" when i try to flash 1.4.2.

Is it just an update that goes on top of 1.4.1? Because the file I'm getting is only around 20MB.

Yep incremental uodate on top of 1.4.1. It wont flash using misterdmans recovery though

Guest mzsigler

I'll try a different recovery.

Any idea why it fails on that recovery?