StreakDroid FroYo v1.4.2 - Announcement Thread

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Mr Kyle

I believe I have figured out a fix for the video playback saying 'this file is audio only'

I changed all the stagefright instances in the build.prop to false

Pandora, last.fm, YouTube, etc still work and Pandora sounds better imo and the audio only pop-up hasn't come back yet..

I'm on 1.4.2 with the updated dsp1

Guest rahulkadukar

Hi if I do this will it work

1. I am on Stephens 2.2 V1

2. Reboot the phone and do a factory reset and let it start

3. The reboot and put it in fastboot mode and flash the amss.mbn

4. Then once done I will reboot and let it boot into Dell UI

5. Then once again reboot and go to recovery and flash 1.4.1 and 1.4.2

6. Finally reboot and hope I see V 1.4.2 B)

Planning to get this over and done with today.

Guest mzsigler
Hi if I do this will it work

1. I am on Stephens 2.2 V1

2. Reboot the phone and do a factory reset and let it start

3. The reboot and put it in fastboot mode and flash the amss.mbn

4. Then once done I will reboot and let it boot into Dell UI

5. Then once again reboot and go to recovery and flash 1.4.1 and 1.4.2

6. Finally reboot and hope I see V 1.4.2 B)

Planning to get this over and done with today.

That should work.

Guest Stephen Hyde
I believe I have figured out a fix for the video playback saying 'this file is audio only'

Pandora, last.fm, YouTube, etc still work and Pandora sounds better imo and the audio only pop-up hasn't come back yet..

Nice how much has it crippled performance though.. Thats why stagefright was enabled as it offloads more work to streaks dsp B)

Guest rahulkadukar
That should work.

Everything went fine I flashed both the zip files but now when I am booting I get the Dell Logo and it also glows, as it is supposed to before booting but after that I am stuck at the Dell logo, any ideas ?

Everything went fine I flashed both the zip files but now when I am booting I get the Dell Logo and it also glows, as it is supposed to before booting but after that I am stuck at the Dell logo, any ideas ?

did you factory reset as that messes it up

flash 141 again, then 142

Guest rahulkadukar
did you factory reset as that messes it up

flash 141 again, then 142

Did as you suggested and waiting for reboot, what is the ETB <Expected Time to Boot B)>

The Dell logo glowed twice but still stuck on the plain white Dell logo

Edited by rahulkadukar

Guest Mr Kyle
Nice how much has it crippled performance though.. Thats why stagefright was enabled as it offloads more work to streaks dsp B)

So far so good. Ive been pushing it hard to test it. Better scores on Linpack ~38-40, Quadrant takes a hit only getting ~1100, was getting ~1500+.

But I'm just glad to get rid of the 'audio only' annoying pop-up

Guest mzsigler
Did as you suggested and waiting for reboot, what is the ETB <Expected Time to Boot B)>

The Dell logo glowed twice but still stuck on the plain white Dell logo

~5 minutes or less

Guest rahulkadukar
~5 minutes or less

I have now been on the Dell logo for 6 minutes now, I did the steps that I have outlined above. After amss.mbn I was able to boot into the Dell UI but after 1.4.x I am stuck, I flashed both at the same time, should I try one at a time or even something like this

1. Factory Reset

2. Flash 1.4.1

3. Reboot

Now stuck in a loop of reboots all with the glowing Dell logo

Edited by rahulkadukar

Guest mzsigler
I have now been on the Dell logo for 6 minutes now, I did the steps that I have outlined above. After amss.mbn I was able to boot into the Dell UI but after 1.4.x I am stuck, I flashed both at the same time, should I try one at a time or even something like this

1. Factory Reset

2. Flash 1.4.1

3. Reboot

Now stuck in a loop of reboots all with the glowing Dell logo

You need to flash back to 1.1.1 or before, then factory reset, then boot, then flash 1.4.1

Edit - flash 1.1.1, full wipe, factory reset, then flash amss and 1.4.1

Edited by mzsigler

Guest Stephen Hyde
You need to flash back to 1.2 or before, then factory reset, then boot, then flash 1.4.1

Edit - flash 1.2, full wipe, factory reset, then flash amss and 1.4.1

1.1.1 not 1.2 fac reset is broke above 1.1.1

Guest adzman808

does rotation stick after using the you tube app?

did when i tried on v1.1.1

Thanks

I left my Streak overnight (5 hours) and it went from 100 to 66%? What gives? Anyone have a suggestion on setcpu settings? I had it OC to 1036 interactive.

BTW, +1 on the Vanilla version minus all the launchers. I have launcherpro PRO as well and can't use it. B)

Guest Stephen Hyde
I left my Streak overnight (5 hours) and it went from 100 to 66%? What gives? Anyone have a suggestion on setcpu settings? I had it OC to 1036 interactive.

BTW, +1 on the Vanilla version minus all the launchers. I have launcherpro PRO as well and can't use it. B)

Try using ondemand just to compare

Try using ondemand just to compare

Changed it to conservative but found my keyboard response was sssllllooooww...

Ondemand coming up. Thanks, will do overnight test tonight.

Guest rahulkadukar
You need to flash back to 1.1.1 or before, then factory reset, then boot, then flash 1.4.1

Edit - flash 1.1.1, full wipe, factory reset, then flash amss and 1.4.1

I found the 1.1.1 and have even flashed it but I am no longer receiving any signal on the phone, I heard that we need to downgrade to the 2.1 baseband, is there a specific file that I should flash or something else. I am on 1.1.1 without network.

Guest scottylace

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this ... the GSM / WCDMA options are replicating the "2G/3G" option that has been seen elsewhere in android, e.g. If I select "GSM" the phone will default to the 2G network, if "WCDMA" is selected the phone defaults to the 3G network. I'm on O2 in the UK by the way.

Guest mzsigler
I found the 1.1.1 and have even flashed it but I am no longer receiving any signal on the phone, I heard that we need to downgrade to the 2.1 baseband, is there a specific file that I should flash or something else. I am on 1.1.1 without network.

You need the amss file

Here's the one you need for 1.4.2, search the thread for the appropriate one for older builds.

http://build2.streakdroid.com/amss.mbn

Turn your phone off, power it back on, and when the soft keys light up, hold the camera button (ALL THE WAY) to put it in bootloader. Tap "fastboot" in the upper right corner and use the fastboot function in the sdk to flash the amss file.

fastboot -i 0x413c flash amss amss.mbn

Then boot, shut down, and flash 1.4.2 from recovery.

If you want to stay with 1.1.1, find the appropriate amss for that build and flash it the same way.

Edited by mzsigler