StreakDroid FroYo v1.4.2 - Announcement Thread

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest adzman808
Not sure if anyone else has noticed this ... the GSM / WCDMA options are replicating the "2G/3G" option that has been seen elsewhere in android, e.g. If I select "GSM" the phone will default to the 2G network, if "WCDMA" is selected the phone defaults to the 3G network. I'm on O2 in the UK by the way.

i think it's supposed to do this.

fairly sure that setting is designed to chose connection type

if you chose wcdma (& enable data) then phone will seek out 3g/hspda/edge connections, but the gsm setting finds only 2g bands

Guest PeteBest
i think it's supposed to do this.

fairly sure that setting is designed to chose connection type

if you chose wcdma (& enable data) then phone will seek out 3g/hspda/edge connections, but the gsm setting finds only 2g bands

Almost mate. If you enable wcdma you'll get all 3G stuff, so no edge. Edge is just additional 64k carriers for 2g, so think GPRS but with a bit more bandwidth. Aside from that you're spot on.

Guest rahulkadukar
You need the amss file

Here's the one you need for 1.4.2, search the thread for the appropriate one for older builds.

http://build2.streakdroid.com/amss.mbn

Turn your phone off, power it back on, and when the soft keys light up, hold the camera button (ALL THE WAY) to put it in bootloader. Tap "fastboot" in the upper right corner and use the fastboot function in the sdk to flash the amss file.

fastboot -i 0x413c flash amss amss.mbn

Then boot, shut down, and flash 1.4.2 from recovery.

If you want to stay with 1.1.1, find the appropriate amss for that build and flash it the same way.

Thank you very much dude, my phone is now running 1.4.2 with Swype and the front facing camera is <3. (I find it pretty useless but then at least it works).

Steve you rock dude

Guest bhull521

No response to thread so I'll ask here.

Anyone tried Fring yet on the latest 1.4.2?

It won't switch to front camera on my Streak.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Edited by bhull521

Guest symbiotix

Slightly confused... If upgrading to 1.4.2 from 1.3 with proper baseband is factory reset absolutely necessary, or just update.zip in Clockwork?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by symbiotix

Guest banterbay

I am using ClockworkMod Recovery 2.5.0.1 to install v1.4.2 but i am still getting "installation aborted" Can somebody pls tell me what version of recovery that works with Steve's v1.4.2.

Cheers.

Edited by banterbay

Guest Stephen Hyde
I am using ClockworkMod Recovery 2.5.0.1 to install v1.4.2 but i am still getting "installation aborted" Can somebody what version of recovery that works with Steve's v1.4.2.

Cheers.

It applies using 2.5.0.1 I usdated me partners streak to 1.4.2 using cwm earlier

Guest bhull521
I am using ClockworkMod Recovery 2.5.0.1 to install v1.4.2 but i am still getting "installation aborted" Can somebody pls tell me what version of recovery that works with Steve's v1.4.2.

Cheers.

You do realize 1.4.2 is an add on to 1.4.1 right? Just checking

Guest OmegaStalker

Hey Stephen if your around my battery life feels really weak since the 1.4.2 update any ideas? or any improvements ideas?

I hear a lot of about resetting the battery stats, how do i do this and will it make a difference?

Are there any apps to help me measure how fast my battery gets used?

I appreciate the help...

ever since the update to 1.4.2 I've had 6 reboots in less than 24hrs!!! I don't know what is causing it. Happens when plugging it into AC, when turning off wifi, when making a phone call twice, and the rest when just sitting idol. I clocked down the cpu from 119 to 111, and now 100, still happening.

...could it be that the 'H' never appears, only 3G, ALWAYS...? LOL JK....

Any other ideas?

Edited by NoDoze

Ive been using Overclock Widget, not sure how it governs but battery life has been superb. Unplugged 745 am full charge. Off to work, the odd facebooking and web stuff, flash Stephens media fix, went home with 6- 7 8ths of of battery left. Used on and off all evening, played some 3d games. Went to bed with maybe 2 8ths left. Didnt plug in as experiment. Alarm went off at 745 am, got my email, drove to work and finally got the Plug Me In msg about 11am.

Guest User Error
ever since the update to 1.4.2 I've had 6 reboots in less than 24hrs!!! I don't know what is causing it. Happens when plugging it into AC, when turning off wifi, when making a phone call twice, and the rest when just sitting idol. I clocked down the cpu from 119 to 111, and now 100, still happening.

...could it be that the 'H' never appears, only 3G, ALWAYS...? LOL JK....

Any other ideas?

had the same thing happen, uninstalled setcpu and it cleared it up. must have something to do with overclocking. i originally had mine set to 1.19ghz, no problems until the next day, started getting random reboots, black screen after calls. tried lowering the freq but it was no help, since i got rid of setcpu it's been fine.

Guest Stephen Hyde
had the same thing happen, uninstalled setcpu and it cleared it up. must have something to do with overclocking. i originally had mine set to 1.19ghz, no problems until the next day, started getting random reboots, black screen after calls. tried lowering the freq but it was no help, since i got rid of setcpu it's been fine.

some cpus just wonmt handle the higher speeds and the lockup/reboots are a classic pointer at this

Guest User Error
some cpus just wonmt handle the higher speeds and the lockup/reboots are a classic pointer at this

yeah that's what i figure, sucks cuz i was looking forward to an overclocked streak. oh well lol. still the 1.4.1 is pretty sweet.

Hmmm...you suuurrreee...??? I suspect the 'H'....ROFLOL....

...just giving you a hard time....LOL

yea...sounds like a PC...Grrr.... it was fine for a long while when I first started....but then all of a sudden like that... B) that sucks.

I love how quick and how it whips through stuff when the cpu is overclocked... Hope the snapdraggons are built good they don't burn out quick! LOL...that would REALLY suck!

volume boost should be coming soon too B) (volume boost on ALL outputs also that is)

volume boost!?!...You going to make us deaf...!?!

What does that do..??? When would you need to do that...???

Guest pjg_pigeon
should be up i havn took it down and downloaded it earlier myself

edit: can get 1.4.2 fine here

Thats wierd I can download the 1.41.1 from the link on the the same page. No idea what could cause that. Is it possible to put a copy of .2 In same location as .1

anyone got any suggestions as to what could cause this?