StreakDroid FroYo v1.4.2 - Announcement Thread

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest bhull521
Logs would be useful. Suspect its down to frameworks to allow the dual cam in cam app

Stephen, I sent logs for Fring issue.

Please let me know if that is what you needed or if I need to try again.

Guest mrmrmrmr
No response to thread so I'll ask here.

Anyone tried Fring yet on the latest 1.4.2?

It won't switch to front camera on my Streak.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

I noticed the same problem on 1.4.1

And Fring is not the only one.

Same problem also occurs other apps which by default use the front camera. (an example: Imsdroid)

Guest rubixcube

Hi,

after a mistake, i have to reflash a ROM on my dell streak. Actually i bought it already flashed (someone was selling his streak).

I tried to follow the "how to:" but i'm stuck here :

i plug my streak on my computer, i installed the driver for adb, the streak is in fastboot mdoe but i can't use fastboot. for fastboot, their is no device plugged in.

I really don't know what i did wrong, so does any one of you have an idea ?

thanks,

and sorry for mistakes.

Edited by rubixcube

Guest stuliv12
what you mean ?

well id like to be able to flash boot & system with original or new amss file, im having probs with my streak, it doesnt detect the update.pkg file and wont upgrade to the custom recovery images out there. my hope is fastboot. id ideally like some of the original o2 .img files to try and get this back to a working state first.

Edited by stuliv12

Guest Stephen Hyde
well id like to be able to flash boot & system with original or new amss file, im having probs with my streak, it doesnt detect the update.pkg file and wont upgrade to the customs images out there. my hope is fastboot. id ideally like some of the original .img files to try and get this back to a working state first.

question being why doesn it detect the files

Guest bhull521
Steve,

If you still didn't receive them I can send you logs from both Fring and Imsdroid.

just let me know...

Go ahead and send them i'm having issues getting mine sent.

Guest mrmrmrmr
Steve,

If you still didn't receive them I can send you logs from both Fring and Imsdroid.

just let me know...

I sent you 2 pm for each Fring and Imsdroid apps.

Please let me know if you don't receive.

Guest stuliv12
question being why doesn it detect the files

very true, all i get is a black screen with an update.pkg.

one thing ive noticed. on a normal dell, you turn it on and the three LED's light up and the dell logo appears. It now turns on with the thre LED's they then turn off, they then come back on and finally the dell logo appears?

i must have flashed a wrong file at some point.

Edited by stuliv12

Guest mrmrmrmr
got em, actually sees to sow cam working hmm

both apps are working and getting a video but they get the rear camera vision instead of the front one.

On 1.3.0 and previous versions, these 2 apps could get the front camera by default.

Guest stuliv12
ill drop video stage in if theirs demand for it, and stuliv12 im guessing you installed wrong recovery hence your issue

it was an o2 1.6 i think 4399 build, what recovery would be best to try? and what files, maybe all of the original o2 ones if i can get them??

do you have the older amss file?

Edited by stuliv12

no kev ive never seen said error, and stuliv12 try the o2 4399 recovery to start with

OK then. Time for me to go from your untouched 2.2 to 1.4.2 as I get that error when visiting certain websites (modaco included) using stock browser as well as dolphin hd. Do I just follow the instructions on your first post to 1.4.1 directly? Then 1.4.2? I'm coming from att 1.6>O2 1.6>O2 2.1>untouched 2.2

Edited by kev24k

Guest Stephen Hyde
OK then. Time for me to go from your untouched 2.2 to 1.4.2. Do I just follow the instructions on your first post to 1.4.1 directly? Then 1.4.2? I'm coming from att 1.6>O2 1.6>O2 2.1>untouched 2.2

ye you should be able to jump from untouched to 1.4.1

Guest satanix
had the same thing happen, uninstalled setcpu and it cleared it up. must have something to do with overclocking. i originally had mine set to 1.19ghz, no problems until the next day, started getting random reboots, black screen after calls. tried lowering the freq but it was no help, since i got rid of setcpu it's been fine.

Hi guys,

I had the same problem too and my streak even had problems walking up from screen of state... I've now set normal setCPU profile to min 245 max 1152"interactive" and screen off profile min 245 and max 652 "on demand".

It hasn't been shutting down or restarting since then.

I think 128 as min clock is bit too slow and unstable for it and thats why it had issues waking up from sleep. And in terms of max clock I reckon 1190 is also too high, so Ive chosen one setting below.

Btw, thanks Mr Hyde for your updates B) the over and underclocking feature saves heaps of battery life.

Cheers.

Guest rubixcube
Hi,

after a mistake, i have to reflash a ROM on my dell streak. Actually i bought it already flashed (someone was selling his streak).

I tried to follow the "how to:" but i'm stuck here :

i plug my streak on my computer, i installed the driver for adb, the streak is in fastboot mdoe but i can't use fastboot. for fastboot, their is no device plugged in.

I really don't know what i did wrong, so does any one of you have an idea ?

thanks,

and sorry for mistakes.

sorry to quote myself but i think you haven't see my message.

could i have some help please ? B)