StreakDroid FroYo v1.4.2 - Announcement Thread

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Stephen Hyde
Stupid question, maybe it was mentioned somewhere. Is there a way to get the black status bar from 1.1 back? Gray looks so lame. Thanks

not at the moment no

Guest Stephen Hyde
Not sure, I went from 1.1.1 to 1.4.

hmm, ok ill be dropping a newer build this evening anyway now that ive fixed the factory reset issue in the 1.2+ roms B)

hmm, ok ill be dropping a newer build this evening anyway now that ive fixed the factory reset issue in the 1.2+ roms B)

Just when I was about to flash 1.4.2. =) I like it!

Anybody else experiencing reduced performance with Rock Player? HDTV-quality videos that played flawlessly on 1.1.1 now have crackly audio and I can't seem to figure out a way to fix it.

Guest mrmrmrmr
both apps are working and getting a video but they get the rear camera vision instead of the front one.

On 1.3.0 and previous versions, these 2 apps could get the front camera by default.

Steve,

Do you have any findings about front camera usage on Fring and other software with builds 1.4.x ?

I am in contact with the developer of Imsdroid. If you believe it is a problem to be solved on application side rather than OS, I can ask him to analyze.

But then I don't know what we can do for Fring.

Please let me know if you don't believe that you can solve it on OS side.

Guest RyanPhoner
volume boost should be coming soon too B) (volume boost on ALL outputs also that is)

Really looking forward to this one. my 3.5mm jack is super quiet and have compared with the same setup vs a Captivate and iPhone 3gs and both those devices output at acceptable volume levels.

Guest mrmrmrmr
i dont think its os side currently as it does pull up the camera

but on the other hand, I know that at least Imsdroid is trying to connect to the front facing camera.

Because it's the default behaviour of this application and it never tries to connect to the rear cam.

However, with the new OS it doesn't get the video from front cam. So something has changed on the OS side. Maybe the address of front cam has been altered ?

Guest toyfreak

Stephen:

Any problems installing your forthcoming build over official untouched 2.2? The untouched Del ROM has... issues and I will flash back to yours. Still uploading tonight? It's only 5 PM where I am in the States B)

Edited by toyfreak

Guest moto_user
Steve,

Do you have any findings about front camera usage on Fring and other software with builds 1.4.x ?

I am in contact with the developer of Imsdroid. If you believe it is a problem to be solved on application side rather than OS, I can ask him to analyze.

But then I don't know what we can do for Fring.

Please let me know if you don't believe that you can solve it on OS side.

Fring used to work with i believe it was 1.1.1 or 1.2, then i stopped using it because of call quality and stuff, recently i started using tango, i read amongst other users, that it was the best and better than fring. My brother has the iphone 4 and i have the streak, tango works flawslessly on the iphone 4, he is able to switch between rear and front camera. However, on the streak, it only works with the rear camera (tango app), after researching a bit, i find out that tango currently works with iphone 4 and they recently upgraded their app version for the samsung galaxy tab (or phone) not sure, since it runs on android. i think i read that the tango dev team are fixing it to where it works with other phones, not sure.

So, i think the problem is on the app, but then again, i havent tried fring on either 1.3 and 1.4.2

hope this helps.

Guest Stephen Hyde
Stephen:

Any problems installing your forthcoming build over official untouched 2.2? The untouched Del ROM has... issues and I will flash back to yours. Still uploading tonight? It's only 5 PM where I am in the States B)

uploads progressing as i type

Guest bhull521
If we are looking for the most useful addition to this rom it has to be HDMI control

I think we should start migrating towards mobile tv and video calls. I love the fact that when i'm stuck in Tampa traffic I can watch the local evening news. Atdhe.net made that possible briefly but that changed recently and I think a plug in for flo tv is needed now. You have to pay for the carrier altenatives. Web solution is the way to go it seems.

Guest rubixcube
Hi,

after a mistake, i have to reflash a ROM on my dell streak. Actually i bought it already flashed (someone was selling his streak).

I tried to follow the "how to:" but i'm stuck here :

i plug my streak on my computer, i installed the driver for adb, the streak is in fastboot mdoe but i can't use fastboot. for fastboot, their is no device plugged in.

I really don't know what i did wrong, so does any one of you have an idea ?

thanks,

and sorry for mistakes.

sorry to quote myself but i think you haven't see my message.

could i have some help please ? B)

Guest Vision33r

After applying 1.2 from 2.1 (8105) I get Dell logo and periodically the led keys flash for 2 secs. Device is sitting there for over 10mins and factory reset twice already and still no go.

What does the flashing keys occasionally mean?

Guest Stephen Hyde

well if you read the instructions on the first post you would see why - 1. you need to flash 1.1.1 first and 2 you need t update baseband for any build over 1.1.1 - 1.4.5 is out now tho whixch should remove the 1.1.1 flash requirement but nto the baseband

Guest Stephen Hyde

well if you read the instructions on the first post you would see why - 1. you need to flash 1.1.1 first and 2 you need t update baseband for any build over 1.1.1 - 1.4.5 is out now tho whixch should remove the 1.1.1 flash requirement but nto the baseband

Guest Adilson

Does anyone have a clockwork that actually works after updating to official 2.2? I've used an stock recovery and installed Dell's 2.2. Worked fine. Now I want to finally give 1.4.2 a try but I can't install clockwork. I've tried the old 1.8.1.7 and the new 2.5.0.1 but both just give me a black screen after I try to run it.

Any clues?

Thanks.

Guest TimoBeil
Does anyone have a clockwork that actually works after updating to official 2.2? I've used an stock recovery and installed Dell's 2.2. Worked fine. Now I want to finally give 1.4.2 a try but I can't install clockwork. I've tried the old 1.8.1.7 and the new 2.5.0.1 but both just give me a black screen after I try to run it.

Any clues?

Thanks.

Hi,

i had the same problem.

Finally this clockwork-recovery works fine for me. Use the "alternative".

The second file (recovery.alt) is including only 1 file. Rename it and replace the same .img in the first download.

Quote from the Original Thread:

There is also an alternative version which may work for people who get the black screen

Thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=754563

I hope it helps...

and: take 1.4.5 B)

Edited by TimoBeil

Guest Adilson
Hi,

i had the same problem.

Finally this clockwork-recovery works fine for me. Use the "alternative".

The second file (recovery.alt) is including only 1 file. Rename it and replace the same .img in the first download.

Quote from the Original Thread:

There is also an alternative version which may work for people who get the black screen

Thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=754563

I hope it helps...

and: take 1.4.5 B)

That did the trick, thanks!

And of course, I'll go for the 1.4.5. The problem is that Steve is spitting more ROMs than a baseball player spits... ah... spit! So it's hard to keep track :)