Guest adzman808

just FYI

just flashed this

02 UK device

was on v1.0

flashed 1.1.1

then cpu update

then followed instructions on p1 of this topic TO THE LETTER to install v1.2

no dramas installing (in fact i had more probs with v1.0 !!)

lets i hope i don't get the app instalation problem... :)

hi guys. i just want to get this clear. changelog says 720p video recording support. does it actually record in HD 720p? im still getting 3gpp even though setting is on 720p mpeg4.

its not a big deal for me, but i just want to know if i did something wrong. thanks

The filetype says 3gpp,but check the format and it should be mp4 and aac, 1280x720, which is 720p,

as long as you followed the instructions to record it..

Guest zrospeed
The filetype says 3gpp,but check the format and it should be mp4 and aac, 1280x720, which is 720p,

as long as you followed the instructions to record it..

might have missed something. opened camera app switch to video mode, chose 720p, mpeg4, and custom. pressed record button. FC.

Guest mrmrmrmr
might have missed something. opened camera app switch to video mode, chose 720p, mpeg4, and custom. pressed record button. FC.

same here.

I think we are missing something else to select.

Can anyone advise what all options to select for 720p recording ?

Guest mrmrmrmr

About Dell Sync

How can we prevent this app launching each time the device is connected to USB or it's restarted ?

Since it's not useful without a PC software I don't want to use it. (I use DejaOffice with Companionlink)

Btw, if we'll use this Dell Sync in future releases, we should also have the "Outlook Tasks" and "Outlook Notes" applications on the ROM.

Guest rockymtnbri
About Dell Sync

How can we prevent this app launching each time the device is connected to USB or it's restarted ?

Since it's not useful without a PC software I don't want to use it. (I use DejaOffice with Companionlink)

Btw, if we'll use this Dell Sync in future releases, we should also have the "Outlook Tasks" and "Outlook Notes" applications on the ROM.

Speaking of apps, check to see if you have RadioTime - it appears to be bogus software that charged me $1.99 to use it, then tried to charge me again. Couldn't uninstall it but I deleted it using Root Explorer.

Edited by rockymtnbri

Guest payneardo

Just wondered if anybody having problems with signal strength? It is probably o2 but my signal keeps dropping off and just wondered if anybody else having similar problems?

Guest popetodd
Just wondered if anybody having problems with signal strength? It is probably o2 but my signal keeps dropping off and just wondered if anybody else having similar problems?

Yup. Me too.

Wifi as well.

Guest CodaWolf

Has anyone had any problems with blue tooth devices? I am trying to pair my jawbone icon the streak will scan but not detect anything, I have also tried anothe handsfree device with out any luck. Otherwise it looks great.

Ok I got it, I had to turn off WIFI then turn on the BT and it works like a charm.

Edited by CodaWolf

Ok, I successfully managed to update to 1.2 using the instructions on page 1.

After I restored my apps with Titanium lots of apps Force Close'd so I decided to do a factory reset. This is where it gets weird because whatever I try I can't get the Streak to boot anymore. I've tried factory reset, wiping data/cache from Recovery, reflashes the new baseband and 1.2 ROM but it won't reboot anymore, it gets stuck a the b/w Dell logo.

Any suggestions what more I could try?

Guest CodaWolf
Ok, I successfully managed to update to 1.2 using the instructions on page 1.

After I restored my apps with Titanium lots of apps Force Close'd so I decided to do a factory reset. This is where it gets weird because whatever I try I can't get the Streak to boot anymore. I've tried factory reset, wiping data/cache from Recovery, reflashes the new baseband and 1.2 ROM but it won't reboot anymore, it gets stuck a the b/w Dell logo.

Any suggestions what more I could try?

I did the same thing with the same results. I had to use the recovery image for O2 then install clock work then install Steve's 1.1.1 and start over. It took me a bit, but I think starting over with the recovery image will do it.

I see the same happening on mine and I am on Vodafone - never had any issues when I was on 2.1 but I can see significant reduction in bars in 2.2 even signal dropouts - if this persists - I will have no option but to move backwards

Guest gillebob
I did the same thing with the same results. I had to use the recovery image for O2 then install clock work then install Steve's 1.1.1 and start over. It took me a bit, but I think starting over with the recovery image will do it.

Yeah went through all of that and eventually got up & running, got force close on everything, and laggier than my old pentium 166,, uninstalled the antivirus & rebooted and all's good.

Edited by gillebob

Guest dairymasta
I recall Stephen saying that when the Official Dell Froyo comes out, it will overwrite the baseband anyway. In any case, worst case scenario you have 2 options.

1) flash back to 2.1 official,

2) flash the new ROM that will be posted here hours later which will be based on the Official ROM. :) This is more often a better ROM anyway.

BTW... just to clarify... you gotta flash the baseband first, then the 1.2 ROM. Thought I'd mention that just in case... :)

Already flashed it, went well without a hitch, took all of 15 minutes from 1.6 to 2.2. Thanks a lot for the great work guys and making it so easy for all of us as well!

Dell need to fix up!

Guest adzman808
just FYI

just flashed this

02 UK device

was on v1.0

flashed 1.1.1

then cpu update

then followed instructions on p1 of this topic TO THE LETTER to install v1.2

no dramas installing (in fact i had more probs with v1.0 !!)

lets i hope i don't get the app instalation problem... :(

righty for anyone who cares...

not working

- music pause* (.m4a)

- green streak accross screen in 'movie player'

- 720 vid recording (YES - selected custom, then 720, then mpeg)

what's fixed

- green streak in you tube (worth the update alone :))

- tethering

what's not tested

- call waiting (not available on UK o2 PAYG - my carrier/plan)

what's pants

- dell stage (not Steve's fault obv)

(known) fixable bugs

- no external sound, add/remove h'phones + restart player

- rotation, toggle rotation off/on

what i've taken out

- dell stage UI

- launcher

- nero back up

what i've tested as working for me

- market

- app form sd install

- wifi

- data (HSPDA)

- BT (paired headset)

- root access

on the whole thanks very much :)

doesn't seem a radical change in terms of speed... which is fine cos v.1 was a damn fine build :(

thanks again

*if anyone wants to 'fix' the play/pause problem - then rename the file extension of the attached to .apk & copy to phone

remove music.apk from system/app (you'll need root access i'm sure...)

& install the attachment - this is exactly the same as the std player, but works (i think's from 2.1, but i got it from xda :()

MusicInstallable.zip

Edited by adzman808

Ok, I did all of that and once I got 1.2 booted again I tried a factory reset to make sure everything was wiped.

Guess what, Streak doesn't boot anymore. So what other alternatives are there to a factory reset to clear all data?

Guest popetodd

I set the camera to custom, 720p, mpeg4 and now it locks up when I press the expose button.

After killing the app the camera itself is unable to be accessed until a reboot.

Any suggestions?

Guest mrmrmrmr
About Dell Sync

any ideas ?

Guest Dogmann55

Hi all,

Well my original Jawbone paired and works fine however my Nokia BH-500 is no longer recognised as such it just displays a number and letter sequence it does how ever work and still allows volume control but as reported earlier i can no longer forward or rewind or change tracks with it as i have done on previous builds trying to change tracks now somehow activates the built in Music player and both play although as i don't usually use this feature it doesn't bother me. I am using Rockplayer V.1215 and am having no issues at all with Video playback with my unconverted files and they all play perfectly and look stunning and everything else is working fine for me. I'm on VodaFone on my unlocked Streak and am seeing full signal strength most of the time which i started seeing in the last couple of weeks whilst on V1.0 and its not fluctuating wildly WiFi signal strength is also good and stable for me.

Marc

Guest adzman808
I set the camera to custom, 720p, mpeg4 and now it locks up when I press the expose button.

After killing the app the camera itself is unable to be accessed until a reboot.

Any suggestions?

Can't get it working on 720p either but d1 is ok

ANother great news

@DMonsterProd Stephen Hyde

#dellstreak overclock @ 1.267ghz, 3d gfx fixed thanks to smoku, quadrant : 1750 :)

1) WOOT!

2)Was just going to post that! :)

Guest filotti

Hi guys, I have an unlocked AT&T streak that I updated to Stephen's FroYo v1.2.0.

Like some other people I have been having trouble installing apps from the market. I did run rm on the data folder and deleted everything, then chmodded it to 777, but some apps still won't install.

I think it's because some permission is missing to allow the installation of shared libraries in the cache. This is what I got with lolcat while installing Google Goggles:

D/vending ( 642): [50] VendingNotificationManager.showNotification(): Showing notification:
[AssetID=4309551292833725812, NotificationID=-1228393515, Title=Google Goggles, Message=Installing]
D/PackageParser( 133): Scanning package: /data/app/vmdl19783.tmp
I/SamplingProfilerIntegration( 786): Wrote snapshot for com.android.defcontainer in 20ms.
D/PackageManager( 133): Scanning package com.google.android.apps.unveil
I/PackageManager( 133): /data/app/com.google.android.apps.unveil-1.apk changed; unpacking
E/PackageManager( 133): Package com.google.android.apps.unveil has mismatched uid: 10060 on disk, 10061 in settings
D/PackageManager( 133): Caching shared lib lib/armeabi-v7a/libimageutils-market.so
W/PackageManager( 133): Failed to cache package shared libs
W/PackageManager( 133): java.io.IOException: No such file or directory
W/PackageManager( 133): at java.io.File.createNewFileImpl(Native Method)
W/PackageManager( 133): at java.io.File.createNewFile(File.java:1160)
W/PackageManager( 133): at java.io.File.createTempFile(File.java:1224)
W/PackageManager( 133): at com.android.server.PackageManagerService.cacheNativeBinaryLI(PackageManagerServi
e.java:3761)
W/PackageManager( 133): at com.android.server.PackageManagerService.cachePackageSharedLibsForAbiLI(PackageM
nagerService.java:3641)
W/PackageManager( 133): at com.android.server.PackageManagerService.cachePackageSharedLibsLI(PackageManager
ervice.java:3712)
W/PackageManager( 133): at com.android.server.PackageManagerService.scanPackageLI(PackageManagerService.jav
:3227)
W/PackageManager( 133): at com.android.server.PackageManagerService.installNewPackageLI(PackageManagerServi
e.java:5605)
W/PackageManager( 133): at com.android.server.PackageManagerService.installPackageLI(PackageManagerService.
ava:5952)
W/PackageManager( 133): at com.android.server.PackageManagerService.access$2100(PackageManagerService.java:134)
W/PackageManager( 133): at com.android.server.PackageManagerService$5.run(PackageManagerService.java:4755)
W/PackageManager( 133): at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:587)
W/PackageManager( 133): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92)
W/PackageManager( 133): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)
W/PackageManager( 133): at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:60)
W/PackageManager( 133): Package couldn't be installed in /data/app/com.google.android.apps.unveil-1.apk
D/vending ( 642): [10] LocalAssetDatabase.notifyListener(): 4309551292833725812 / INSTALL_FAILED
D/vending ( 642): [10] VendingNotificationManager.showNotification(): Showing notification: [AssetID=4309551292833725812,
NotificationID=-1228393515, Title=Google Goggles, Message=Installation unsuccessful.]
[/codebox]

Searching for those errors about failing to cache the libs brought me back to threads about this rom.

Does anybody know the full path where those libraries get installed so I can check the permissions?

Edited by filotti

Guest lbj23numb1
yes it does but the number of framework changes to get it to work is huge so im looking at it for my next version - android DOES NOT natively support multiple cameras. any device using more than one needs custom changes

alright cool.... i hope to see it in the next release.... i appreciate u even looking into adding it. your the man!!!

Guest adzman808

hi guys,

have just about finished testing...

the no external sound is a bit annoying when it returns again & again... does anyone know a fix for this or know which part of the rom i need to amend to resolve?

what's alannoying me is the youtube rotaion....

the rotation really sticks after using then youtube app... needs a reboot...

anyone got a suggestion or could tell me what part of the old build i need to copy into the new rom?

i never really had a problem with rotation on v.1.0

i like having no green streak in youtube vids & tethering working

thanks in advance

Edited by adzman808