StreakDroid FroYo v1.4.2 - Announcement Thread

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest alert_bri

Same here regarding auto rotate. Definitely a step backward since Stephen's Froyo v1. However all in all I'm over the moon with the progress being made. I wouldn't even have bothered bringing Stage across... I went straight to ADW launcher - if its not broke, why fix it?

On a side note, I used titanium backup, but only restored apps without data to avoids multiple force closes.

Cheers

Brian

Edited by alert_bri

Guest CodaWolf

Anyone having trouble with the gallery? I have a bunch of photos that I copied back from the camera on v1 beta but the gallery only shows the new pictures I take.

Steve,

Can you please le me know if you experience the same?

For the first time since I have installed 1.2, I have tried to connect to the Streak using ADB from my PC.

It is showned when I ADB devices it, the ADB shell launch correctly but when I try to get SU permission, it does not work... I get a # instead of a $.

I went to my phone as I tought I just had to confirm to "Superuser permission" to give the rigths to ADB but no request popup...

If I am correct, your 1.2 was already rooted so not sure why it is behaving like that :rolleyes:

Can you please let me know if it works on your side?

Thanks

Edited by BooToo

Guest synaptic.flaws

Hey Steve?

Am I the only one who saw the disclaimer?

I can barely comprehend the patience of the people working on this project.

it is a Beta Rom folks!! somethings won't work correctly, some won't work at all.

there are detailed instructions on how to go back to the factory Rom if the parts you need are not working yet.

And complaining about what isn't working is not a bug report.

Guest CodaWolf
Hey Steve?

Am I the only one who saw the disclaimer?

I can barely comprehend the patience of the people working on this project.

it is a Beta Rom folks!! somethings won't work correctly, some won't work at all.

there are detailed instructions on how to go back to the factory Rom if the parts you need are not working yet.

And complaining about what isn't working is not a bug report.

I agree it is a beta and I think most of us know it is. I am just posting questions and seeing how it goes. Over all this version is proving to very stable for me.

As for the gallery it does seem to be working but very slowly, I have left it open for the last hour and it has only found 30 pictures, but it is doing it.

Steve Thank you for your hard work!!!

Guest synaptic.flaws
I agree it is a beta and I think most of us know it is. I am just posting questions and seeing how it goes. Over all this version is proving to very stable for me.

As for the gallery it does seem to be working but very slowly, I have left it open for the last hour and it has only found 30 pictures, but it is doing it.

well on the gallery issue, mine is finding pictures from my browser cache and other places, I think there is just some configuration tweak we have not found just yet.

I have toyed with my own build, my battery lasted 3 hours, 3 out of 5 apps would not run, and the phone did not work. I have nothing but respect and patience for the people working on this build. It is much more difficult than you might first think.

I'd take the card out, stick it in a card reader, take everything off, format it, then stick all the stuff back on..

Guest Stephen Hyde

adb shell is root on all my roms i have the init scripts setup that way, also allows adb remount :rolleyes:

gallery is slow but does work here

Guest Ed Venture

Okay, I am having some strange problems with 1.2.

I can install it just fine; I can run it for a day or so without problems; I can install apps without fail. My problem is that when I reboot my Streak (not every time, but eventually) it just dies and never comes back. All I get is the Dell boot screen. This has happened twice already - once on Friday and once just about 30 minutes ago. I was able to go back to 1.1.1 the first time, but the second time it is putting up a fight (I am sure I am missing a step on the downgrade so I will have to go back and re-read the directions).

Has anyone else had this problem? Perhaps I have some bad hardware like my SDCard? Any thoughts?

EDIT: Okay - missed a step, but I am back on 1.1.1, but I am hesitant to move back up to 1.2 as you can imagine.

Edited by Ed Venture

Guest CodaWolf
I'd take the card out, stick it in a card reader, take everything off, format it, then stick all the stuff back on..

That is pretty much what I did but I formated it from clock work before I did the upgrade. I think I will take the pics out clear the cache for the gallery then try putting them back on after it starts up again. It really isn't that important at the moment, but it is always fun to show off the kids :rolleyes:

adb shell is root on all my roms i have the init scripts setup that way, also allows adb remount :rolleyes:

So any ideas why I cannot get the $ prompt when typing SU from a dos windows in ADB shell?

It stays to #

Guest untrueparadox
So any ideas why I cannot get the $ prompt when typing SU from a dos windows in ADB shell?

It stays to #

when you're in adb shell, you're already logged in as root. if you try to su to gain root access that you already have, it wont do anything for obvious reasons.

If I am correct, your 1.2 was already rooted so not sure why it is behaving like that :rolleyes:

Can you please let me know if it works on your side?

Thanks

Non le Streak avec la version 1.2.0 n'est pas rooté mais tu trouveras intégré dans cette version Universal Androot qui va te permettre de le faire en deux coups (le 1er faillit tout le temps et le 2e roote le streak).

Je te conseille d'aller t'inscrire sur ce forum français si tu veux (beaucoup) plus d'informations sur le Streak. :huh:

http://streak.forumgratuit.fr/forum.htm

Et sur la Folio où je me sens un peu seul :

http://streak.forumgratuit.fr/toshiba-folio-100-f27/

Edited by Jcc13

Guest Mirrdhyn

Hello Stephen,

Just to check a point on your build.

Can I change the OTA server on your build ?

Because, I have the staging server configured on this build and I wish to get the official server if it is possible :rolleyes:

I have tested the EMList code but after, I have not the application to change that on my applications list.

Thank you in advance and thank you for your hard work on this build, it works like a charm (up to 12 hours of battery life and 30% left) :huh:

Its good, but there is a killer for me. GPS kills data. Anytime i try to navigate data drops. Maps and Earth are useless as a result. In fact almost anything will kill data which makes the device kinda useless.

Guest jwcGringo

Hey guys - I have a recurring problem with these and was wondering if anyone else saw the same. I saw one similar post but no replies...

First - Thanks Steve! I've loved your ROMS and I donated right after 1.0

I'm running an unlocked, non-beta US Streak (called AT&T to get the unlock code - NOT Rebel SIM) on T-Mobile in the US.

Here's my problem - I've run every ROM in order and in my install of 1.2 I have 2 issues:

1) I can't get it past the boot screen without the busybox hack (I forget the exact command - deletes a bunch of stuff)

2) Once installed I am either unable to install market apps (no room available) or they all force close. Oddly enough there are some other missing features - like using a song for alarm clock / ringtone.

I have tried so many different ways of installing at this point that I need instructions to completely start over - or fix the build I have. I have done factory resets in both ClockworkMod and the Streak firmware.

Thanks!

Guest alert_bri
Its good, but there is a killer for me. GPS kills data. Anytime i try to navigate data drops. Maps and Earth are useless as a result. In fact almost anything will kill data which makes the device kinda useless.

I can confirm this is the case. I hope that the official O2 release will give us a better foundation for Stephen's stirling efforts!

Cheers

Brian

Guest Be Vigilant

I was using google maps(data) and GPS fine navigating both on foot and in car around Leeds on Saturday night. Helped me find an awesome Chinese!

My data connection was not interrupted at all by GPS coming on.

Unlocked Dell Streak

3 UK data over HSDPA

Froyo Steve build 1.2.0

Are you using a Rebel Sim or something?

Edited by Be Vigilant

Guest jwcGringo
Hey guys - I have a recurring problem with these and was wondering if anyone else saw the same. I saw one similar post but no replies...

First - Thanks Steve! I've loved your ROMS and I donated right after 1.0

I'm running an unlocked, non-beta US Streak (called AT&T to get the unlock code - NOT Rebel SIM) on T-Mobile in the US.

Here's my problem - I've run every ROM in order and in my install of 1.2 I have 2 issues:

1) I can't get it past the boot screen without the busybox hack (I forget the exact command - deletes a bunch of stuff)

2) Once installed I am either unable to install market apps (no room available) or they all force close. Oddly enough there are some other missing features - like using a song for alarm clock / ringtone.

I have tried so many different ways of installing at this point that I need instructions to completely start over - or fix the build I have. I have done factory resets in both ClockworkMod and the Streak firmware.

Thanks!

HA! I just fixed my own problem. Did a reinstall to 1.1.1 (I had not downgraded the baseband before when trying to do this and it just looped on the Dell logo) then followed the upgrade instructions. Installing apps now.

I still can't use music as a ringtone or alarm clock tone - am I doing something really dumb?

Guest Stephen Hyde

Check apn has supl selected