StreakDroid FroYo v1.4.2 - Announcement Thread

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest RedSlug
Has there been any progress concerning the youtube/accelerometer issue ? That is pretty much the only problem I have.

My guess is that it's not worth tracking down obscure bugs like this when Dell will release the official 2.2 very soon, which (hopefully) will have them fixed already.

Guest Marino Rancier
My guess is that it's not worth tracking down obscure bugs like this when Dell will release the official 2.2 very soon, which (hopefully) will have them fixed already.

I guess it is understandable, however, at Dell's current Glacial development pace, we might be looking at sometime in early 2013 for froyo.

Guest RSullivan
Hi,

Post#1: WiFi Native Tethering Working

but: USB-tethering doesn't work anymore...

Hope, in the next Version both will work.

Regards

I can also confirm that the USB Tethering is not working. It appears to enable on the phone but the system never picks up the network connection. Apologies if I have missed it, but is there a place to log/report bugs?

Are you able to make different language settings while installing the ROM? If you'll give me the english language files, I'll make it's Russian translation or can you get the translation of main features and keyboard from other devices' sourcecode? I think that some other people could translate it to some other languages. The only English is not a deal. :rolleyes:

Guest OrionBG
Are you able to make different language settings while installing the ROM? If you'll give me the english language files, I'll make it's Russian translation or can you get the translation of main features and keyboard from other devices' sourcecode? I think that some other people could translate it to some other languages. The only English is not a deal. :rolleyes:

Only Eglish?

The ROM supports: English, German, Spanish, French and Italian! Not much but still there are 5 different languages here!

Only Eglish?

The ROM supports: English, German, Spanish, French and Italian! Not much but still there are 5 different languages here!

Sorry. Didn't find the description of using languages through the search of the thread in the Google search. But I need Russian though =)

Edited by crexa

Hi.

I don't have oportunity to say thanks to Stephen, yet for his grate work!

I don't have any problems so far with my Dell, but since I updated to ver. 1.2.0

my side buttons instead of lighting permanently when Streak is activated they, they flash few times for short time every 20-25s. Do you know what's goining on?

Guest filotti

I've been troubleshooting some apps that failed to install from the market for me, like Google Goggles and Handcent SMS.

I found that they both try to copy libs to /data/data/<packagename>/lib and fail. So I went and created the lib folder manually in each package directory and then they both installed without problems. Lib files are copied properly after I manually make the directory.

Both data and data/data have 777 permissions. The package directories are created by Package Manager so they should have the correct permissions too, so what is preventing the creation of the lib directory?

The installation error was:

W/PackageManager( 133): Failed to cache package shared libs

W/PackageManager( 133): java.io.IOException: No such file or directory

I hope this can help in solving this issue that many are facing with the market!

Guest OrionBG
I've been troubleshooting some apps that failed to install from the market for me, like Google Goggles and Handcent SMS.

I found that they both try to copy libs to /data/data/<packagename>/lib and fail. So I went and created the lib folder manually in each package directory and then they both installed without problems. Lib files are copied properly after I manually make the directory.

Both data and data/data have 777 permissions. The package directories are created by Package Manager so they should have the correct permissions too, so what is preventing the creation of the lib directory?

I hope this can help in solving this issue that many are facing with the market!

If you follow the guide on page1 to the letter, you will not have these problems!

1. Downgrade your build to 1.1.1 and the baseband too!

2. Do a factory restore with CWM and from Dell's menu!

3. let the streak fully load

4. Flash new baseband with fastboot and 1.2.0 with CWM. DO NOT DO ANY FACTORY RESTORE!!!!

I was having all sorts of problems before I do this! Now everything is fine!

Guest untrueparadox
Hi.

I don't have oportunity to say thanks to Stephen, yet for his grate work!

I don't have any problems so far with my Dell, but since I updated to ver. 1.2.0

my side buttons instead of lighting permanently when Streak is activated they, they flash few times for short time every 20-25s. Do you know what's goining on?

you didnt flash the baseband. the fastboot flash amss command.

you gotta go back to 1.1.1 and do factory reset before updating to 1.2.0

Guest alert_bri

I'm having problems pairing with a Plantronics earpiece with Stephen's v1.2.0 - any suggestions why this could be? syncing was fine in v1.0

Cheers

Brian

Guest CodaWolf
I'm having problems pairing with a Plantronics earpiece with Stephen's v1.2.0 - any suggestions why this could be? syncing was fine in v1.0

Cheers

Brian

I had a similar issue, if you have WIFI enabled try turning it off then pairing your plantronics earpiece if successful turn WIFI back on. I have have been good since.

Guest alert_bri
I had a similar issue, if you have WIFI enabled try turning it off then pairing your plantronics earpiece if successful turn WIFI back on. I have have been good since.

Cool, will give that a go & report back. Thanks

... That did the trick! thanks so much :rolleyes:

Brian

Edited by alert_bri

Guest radomir

In this version I have a problem with the phone ringing with incoming call ...

It happens that this is a new connection screen shows that the rings and sound mute.

As it is on the table is not a problem but when it is in your pocket and then turned off the vibration worse.

If possible, ask to be added to the new ROM Polish language.

Thanks and regards.

Edited by radomir

I downgraded to 1.1.1 and to the new baseband to reflash with 1.2, so I wouldnt have the "sd card full" when installing apps, but i cant seem to flash the new baseband anymore =/ I have the driver installed my pc and everything but when i type "fastboot flash amss amss.mbn" it just says <waiting on device>... Ive tried moving to different USB ports and everything and i get the same response. I know my pc is recognizing the phone too, since i moved to new usb ports i had to install the driver... Does anyone have any idea what to do now?

Never mind i'm retarded =D

Edited by 20or21

Guest Ed Venture
Okay, I am having some strange problems with 1.2.

I can install it just fine; I can run it for a day or so without problems; I can install apps without fail. My problem is that when I reboot my Streak (not every time, but eventually) it just dies and never comes back. All I get is the Dell boot screen. This has happened twice already - once on Friday and once just about 30 minutes ago. I was able to go back to 1.1.1 the first time, but the second time it is putting up a fight (I am sure I am missing a step on the downgrade so I will have to go back and re-read the directions).

Has anyone else had this problem? Perhaps I have some bad hardware like my SDCard? Any thoughts?

EDIT: Okay - missed a step, but I am back on 1.1.1, but I am hesitant to move back up to 1.2 as you can imagine.

Alright. I went ahead and put 1.2.0 back on. This time I downgraded all the way back to the O2 2.1 8105 rom and worked my way back up to 1.2.0. All went well and was running fine for two days - no problems whatsoever. Then today is started acting a bit flaky.

For example - this morning when the update for smart keyboard pro came out, it would download but fail installing. I rebooted without problem, but still couldn't install the update. So I removed it and re-installed it and it worked. I rebooted again, just to make sure all was well and it was.

Now this afternoon, my phone just locked up when syncing my Exchange account. I rebooted and I am at the Dell screen, dead in the water again!

I can only run for 24 - 48 hours before it dies and I have to downgrade to 1.1.1 and re-install. Is anyone else seeing issues like this?

Ed

Guest guru josh

Stephen

Thanks for your efforts I am sure alot of people appreciate the wonderful work you have done,

now my minor issue

Does anybody have a issue with the headphone socket if listening to music you unplug it, it then hangs ?

Edited by guru josh

Stephen

Thanks for your efforts I am sure alot of people appreciate your effort, now my minor issue

Does anybody have a issue with the headphone socket if listening to music you unplug it, it then hangs ?

Its present but not everyone has it. Apparently if you disconnect and recnnect the headset it works fine.

Steve, thanks for 2.2. It is working like a charm on my streak. I never did apply superboot to root the phone before applying all the rom updates. Now any app that needs root is complaining. I would like to root the phone but I am not sure which superboot to apply since they are all for a specific buld and now my phones build number says froyo version 1.2 rel by DJ_Steve. I never checked the stock build before I applied your updates. What is the best way to root the phone now please?

Steve, thanks for 2.2. It is working like a charm on my streak. I never did apply superboot to root the phone before applying all the rom updates. Now any app that needs root is complaining. I would like to root the phone but I am not sure which superboot to apply since they are all for a specific buld and now my phones build number says froyo version 1.2 rel by DJ_Steve. I never checked the stock build before I applied your updates. What is the best way to root the phone now please?

Universal androot...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=750085

Thanks. I ran that. It told me I am rooted but the apps still complain.

I had the exact same problem before when 1.2 first got released. The only thing that fixed it was Stephen's suggestion which was to flash 2.1 baseband and ROM 1.1.1. Then immediately after verifying 1.1.1 loaded properly, flash newbaseband, and then flash the 1.2 ROM. No Factory Resetting required, should load you right up within a couple of minutes.

I had the exact same problem before when 1.2 first got released. The only thing that fixed it was Stephen's suggestion which was to flash 2.1 baseband and ROM 1.1.1. Then immediately after verifying 1.1.1 loaded properly, flash newbaseband, and then flash the 1.2 ROM. No Factory Resetting required, should load you right up within a couple of minutes.

Should I be running androot at any one point in this process or will going to 1.1.1 give me that by default?