StreakDroid FroYo v1.4.2 - Announcement Thread

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest mzsigler
Should I be running androot at any one point in this process or will going to 1.1.1 give me that by default?

I didn't have this issue, just running androot twice worked for me.

That said, you run it after you install 1.2.0

Guest Ed Venture

It is now time number 4 that I have had to downgrade and re-upgrade to 1.2.0 and it is getting to the point that I think I may have to hold back on this until the official Dell release comes out becuase my phone is out of service more than it is in service.

Today, the I took my phone out of my pocket and it was dead (would not power on). Pulled the battery and rebooted. It came up with this message:

System UID's Inconsistent:

UID's on the system are inconsistent. You need to wipe your data partion or your device will be unstable.

Can anyone offer assistance as to how to get 1.2.0 running and STAY running? It works without fail for a day, maybe two, but after that, it freaks out.

HELP!

Ed

Guest jadeboy

1.20 has 720P video recording..

But has anyone been able to take pictures that has good quality.. even with 5mb setting, super fine.. the picture quality is still quite poor.

Guest timbomfg

Can we use the method for removing the black theme safely? If so, can you remind us what files it is we need?

But has anyone been able to take pictures that has good quality.. even with 5mb setting, super fine.. the picture quality is still quite poor.

Nope, your right, the autofocus and live preview looks good, but the photo it takes is crap in comparison, even if held in a jib.

Edited by timbomfg

It is now time number 4 that I have had to downgrade and re-upgrade to 1.2.0 and it is getting to the point that I think I may have to hold back on this until the official Dell release comes out becuase my phone is out of service more than it is in service.

Today, the I took my phone out of my pocket and it was dead (would not power on). Pulled the battery and rebooted. It came up with this message:

System UID's Inconsistent:

UID's on the system are inconsistent. You need to wipe your data partion or your device will be unstable.

Can anyone offer assistance as to how to get 1.2.0 running and STAY running? It works without fail for a day, maybe two, but after that, it freaks out.

HELP!

Ed

I used to get the exact same UID message after every reboot. I also had problems where any customization I made wouldn't stick after I perform a reboot. The only thing that fixed for me was doing the downgrade and immediate upgrade to 1.2. (No Factory Resetting or any form whatsoever during the whole process and after). Not sure if that's any different from what you've already done...

I had the exact same problem before when 1.2 first got released. The only thing that fixed it was Stephen's suggestion which was to flash 2.1 baseband and ROM 1.1.1. Then immediately after verifying 1.1.1 loaded properly, flash newbaseband, and then flash the 1.2 ROM. No Factory Resetting required, should load you right up within a couple of minutes.

No go in my case. I just went back to 2.1 baseband, 1.1.1 then reflashed 2.2 basemabd and 1.2 and ran universal root. It says it was successfull and that the phone is rooted. rebooted to make sure. Then running titanium backup complains about the phone not being rooted. I guess I am stuck with no root access until something else comes up.

If you follow the guide on page1 to the letter, you will not have these problems!

1. Downgrade your build to 1.1.1 and the baseband too!

2. Do a factory restore with CWM and from Dell's menu!

3. let the streak fully load

4. Flash new baseband with fastboot and 1.2.0 with CWM. DO NOT DO ANY FACTORY RESTORE!!!!

I was having all sorts of problems before I do this! Now everything is fine!

Thanks that was the simplest explanation that I needed :rolleyes: All working for me now.

Love the new 2.2, but is there a way to bring back or eanlbe the Dell styled header bar that had active areas on it? I always found that more useful for shutting down the wifi/radio etc.

Go to the very first post in this thread and scroll down to where is says howto. you will find a link to 1.1.1. For a 2.1base bank go here http://downloads.streakdroid.com/testing/.

Sorry. I missunderstood. I thought you were looking for the files. There are many instruction all over. To be honest I have no idea which one ended up working for me. I know I went to O2 1.6 then 2.1.

Guest stevenrm1
Sorry. I missunderstood. I thought you were looking for the files. There are many instruction all over. To be honest I have no idea which one ended up working for me. I know I went to O2 1.6 then 2.1.

I used Stephen's instructions on upgrading to v1.1 and it worked fine, but I can't find the instructions again. I am either looking in the wrong places or when he changed the directions for v1.2 he got ride of the instructions for v1.1.

Can someone help me locate those directions again?

I used Stephen's instructions on upgrading to v1.1 and it worked fine, but I can't find the instructions again. I am either looking in the wrong places or when he changed the directions for v1.2 he got ride of the instructions for v1.1.

Can someone help me locate those directions again?

Can't you just install the clockwork recovery mod and then install 1.1.1, the 2.1 AMMS file (followed by a hard reset) and then upgrade as per normal?

Guest stevenrm1
Can't you just install the clockwork recovery mod and then install 1.1.1, the 2.1 AMMS file (followed by a hard reset) and then upgrade as per normal?

?

From what I remember that sounds right, how do I install the clockwork recovery mod?

?

From what I remember that sounds right, how do I install the clockwork recovery mod?

http://loadbalancing.modaco.com/download.p...ywfaoj2aiywe1ah

Download the recovery image zip file above and extract to a directory

Put your device in bootloader mode - Unplug the device from your PC, remove the device battery, then replace it and turn device on with the camera button pressed. Select the 'fastboot' text on the top right, wait around 10 seconds then plug the device into your PC. The screen display should change to 'FASTBOOT MODE'. If it doesn't, repeat and retry (it's a bit temperamental!)

WINDOWS - double click 'install-recovery-windows.bat'

MAC - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-recovery-mac.sh' followed by './install-recovery-mac.sh'

LINUX - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-recovery-linux.sh' followed by './install-recovery-linux.sh'

That's it, you're done!

SOURCE:

http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-str...rboot-recovery/

?

Remember that when you get into clockwork recovery mode (you get to it via option 2 in the menu found by holding both vol buttons on startup) that the camera button needs to be pushed down all the way to select a menu item.

My advice whack both 1.1.1 and 1.2 zip ROM files on your SD card then when you go to install the OS either upgrade simply select the "select zip file" option and browse to the correct upgrade zip. It saves pulling your SD card more times than you need during the upgrade and avoids having to rename everything to update.zip/pkg etc.

Guest Ed Venture
I used to get the exact same UID message after every reboot. I also had problems where any customization I made wouldn't stick after I perform a reboot. The only thing that fixed for me was doing the downgrade and immediate upgrade to 1.2. (No Factory Resetting or any form whatsoever during the whole process and after). Not sure if that's any different from what you've already done...

Did you downgrade to 1.1.1, or did you got to stock 2.1 then back up to 1.1.1 and then to 1.2.0?

When I do my downgrade to 1.1.1 here is what I am doing:

(1) downgrade to 1.1.1

(2) boot and let it run for a minute

(3) shut it down and factory reset it

(4) let it boot to and run for a minute

(5) shut it down and flash to 1.2.0

I have done this with downgrading the baseband and re-upgrading it twice, and the last two times I did it without the baseband downgrade and upgrade (primarily because I was away from my computer when it failed and couldn't).

Are you suggesting that I skip step 2 - 4 and reflash 1.2.0 right away?

Ed

Guest rabydanimal

GPS is not working for me with this release, I didn't see it as a known issue. I followed the instructions on page 1 to a T making sure I had a clean install.

Otherwise it's fast and looking good. Thanks!

Did you downgrade to 1.1.1, or did you got to stock 2.1 then back up to 1.1.1 and then to 1.2.0?

When I do my downgrade to 1.1.1 here is what I am doing:

(1) downgrade to 1.1.1

(2) boot and let it run for a minute

(3) shut it down and factory reset it

(4) let it boot to and run for a minute

(5) shut it down and flash to 1.2.0

I have done this with downgrading the baseband and re-upgrading it twice, and the last two times I did it without the baseband downgrade and upgrade (primarily because I was away from my computer when it failed and couldn't).

Are you suggesting that I skip step 2 - 4 and reflash 1.2.0 right away?

Ed

Exactly how I did it:

1) Flash the 2.1 Baseband, Rebooted and went straight to RECOVERY

2) At Recovery, flashed 1.1.1 ROM (Rebooted and let it load to ensure it works... as soon as I get the swipe to unlock screen I rebooted to FASTBOOT MODE

3)In Fastboot mode I flashed the new baseband for 1.2 (Reboot to Recovery)

4)Flashed 1.2 ROM and rebooted. After about 3 minutes after reboot, I got to the swipe to unlock screen.

NO FACTORY RESET AT ALL. and it worked fine.

No go in my case. I just went back to 2.1 baseband, 1.1.1 then reflashed 2.2 basemabd and 1.2 and ran universal root. It says it was successfull and that the phone is rooted. rebooted to make sure. Then running titanium backup complains about the phone not being rooted. I guess I am stuck with no root access until something else comes up.

For those of you that might have the same problem with titanium, it turns out busybox wasnt installed. I found out by clicking on the problem icon in titanium which indicated that the most common issue is not having busy box installed and offered to install it. The initial message that titanium displays if busybox is not installed is something to the effect of not having proper previlages qhixh threw me off.

Guest TimoBeil
I see the pixel density is 160, what was it before? I'm not using Dells Stage UI

In Steven's Froyo: 140 (smaller icons)

Original: 160

Stage is working at 160 and at 180 (I've tested it)

Edited by TimoBeil

Guest maskaler

Sorry to be a nobber, but I'm still on 0.1 (if it ain't broke etc. etc.), but now want to go to 1.2 - is it just a case of upgrading in the same manner as I went from 2.1 to 2.2 0.1, or do I need to start going to 1.1 first, wiping data, then going to 1.2?

I apologise in advance - it's my own fault for sticking to an old version!