StreakDroid FroYo v1.4.2 - Announcement Thread

Guest Stephen Hyde

quite balenced then B)

I never liked inaccuracy of Linpack on Android... funny though how running Linpack test on my Wife's iPhone4 it's exactly the same result 3 times in a row.

Amazing results on Quadrant though... Ran the OC test on 1152 instead of max speed since I don't think I'll be keeping max all the time. h

Guest Stephen Hyde
Hey DjSteve....how offten would you recommend a factory reset...?

Updating to 1.4.1 now....

if it aint broke dont fix it B)

also just put post up re camera issue

Guest Johnston411

Just took a gamble and flashed over steves untouched dell fastboot stuff and all went fine. No wipe.

didn't have to flash the amss either.

just ran quadrant with 1.19 overclock and got 1788 and linpack of 37.426

had to use z4root as although universal androot said successful it didn't work.

will report any bugs from method of flash if they occur.

Guest joefman
you need fastboot drivers, im sure someone will hop in with a link for them for ya B)

hi, got the drivers! (from pda) the screen phone now says "fastboot_mode" BUT i dont know where the fastboot folder is... im supposed to put the amss.mbn file in the same folder. any help?

is it "in Koushs recovery" ? ie - http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yd21znuyj14 ?

Edited by joefman

If youve installed the Android SDK, as you should have, its in the Tools directory. Suggest copying that dir to the root of your C drive. Saves a lot of piddling about. Put whatever files you want to flash into it. Run the fastboot command as directed in whatever your reading. Think maybe the people asking for another thread may have a point..

Edited by degriz

Guest topshelf95

Hi everyone, new to the streak, not new to flashing but I have run into a wall.

I'm trying to take my brand new streak 6601 build and go through the steps to upgrade to 2.2. I have flashed both the stock recovery and cw recovery (was just trying different things with cw. Flashed back to stock recovery) and have put the 4399 Dell Rom renamed to update.pkg on the root of the sd card. When I enter recovery mode, using the volume keys and power, I get to the white highlighted options and select "Software upgrade via Update.pkg on SD Card" it moves me onto the screen with blue writing that says "Press the Shutter button to start emergency software recovery". When I hit the shutter button again, it shows the box and phone picture icon with the progress bar, but the progress bar never moves and then the phone reboots shortly after regardless of which buttons I hit. In short I can't get it to install the 4399 update even though everything looks like it is going perfectly until it gets to the progress bar. Any thoughts or ideas? I'm at my wits end. I've tried factory reset from recovery and from withing privacy settings. Also have reflashed the stock recovery from fastboot several times and tried replacing the 4399 Rom file as welll. Any help greatly appreciated!!

I've done a LOT of reading in the forums and can not find any example of someone running into this same problem.

EDIT: I can get the progress bar to move, but it stops half way and tells me my software is up to date and then roboots without making any changes. Any ideas?

Edited by topshelf95

Guest gillebob
Just took a gamble and flashed over steves untouched dell fastboot stuff and all went fine. No wipe.

didn't have to flash the amss either.

just ran quadrant with 1.19 overclock and got 1788 and linpack of 37.426

had to use z4root as although universal androot said successful it didn't work.

will report any bugs from method of flash if they occur.

Unroot with androot, reboot, reroot twice with androot, should be good to go.

setcpu @ 1.19 getting 1880 on quadrant, only issues now being known camera on720p and cant change ringtone/notification...

Have i said nice work yet Steve ? I'll say it again anyway, NICE WORK STEVE.

Guest rockymtnbri

Once again, done and done! Just flashed the 1.4.1 zip file over my Dell 2.2 build and it rebooted with no problem. Checked the build info and it now says Froyo Version 1.4-OC By DJ_Steve. The phone did unlock with a GMail FC message, however. I will post any findings as I explore. Steve, a great job again! Thanks!!

First observations:

*Interface seems snappier - Quadrant benchmark is at 1501! Top of the list!!

*Dolphin browser was able to bring up MoDaCo (no redirect failure)

*3G indicator has returned (instead of H)

*No initial sound issue

*No green bar or rotation issues with YouTube

*FC with RockPlayer after playing a file and exiting the program

*No FC with Brightness control

*My device is still rooted (used z4root before I flashed to 1.4.1)

*Universal Androot is back under my program list (and appears to work)

*AppBrain thinks four items need to be updated, but Market does not

*Install from Market works

*Still don't see 720p option for video, but High (30p) option works

*Wifi hotspot works

*Completely blank calendar

So far, so good. Going to shut it off and calibrate the screen, and see if I get the GMail FC message again. UPDATE - I got the Gmail FC message again. {Fixed by clearing data from the app - thanks gillebob!}

Edited by rockymtnbri

I just upgraded to 1.4. All is well. Sound and display settings are now working as Steve mentioned. I cant figure out how to use the CPU accelelation feature. I did manage to get the video working. All you need to do is change the video quality from custom to hi. I was able to take a video with the front and rear camera.

Guest joefman
If youve installed the Android SDK, as you should have, its in the Tools directory. Suggest copying that dir to the root of your C drive. Saves a lot of piddling about. Put whatever files you want to flash into it. Run the fastboot command as directed in whatever your reading. Think maybe the people asking for another thread may have a point..

hi, thanks,

im new to fastbooting, so please explain more. im trying to get the 2.2 v1.4 - ive got the fastboot and the amss file in the same folder as mr. hyde suggest to do in instruction (page 1 of thread) but cmd says "fastboot" not recognised as relevant ....

what to do now, please help. im desperate.

Guest gillebob
Once again, done and done! Just flashed the 1.4.1 zip file over my Dell 2.2 build and it rebooted with no problem. Checked the build info and it now says Froyo Version 1.4-OC By DJ_Steve. The phone did unlock with a GMail FC message, however. I will post any findings as I explore. Steve, a great job again! Thanks!!

Clear cache in settings/applications/gmail, fixed the fc for me.

Guest rockymtnbri
Clear cache in settings/applications/gmail, fixed the fc for me.

OK, I just went in and cleared data (I don't use the app), shut down, restarted, and NO message! Thanks! I'll remember that tip if I run into any others like that (may need to do that for RockPlayer as well!) UPDATE - cleared the data in RockPlayer and all is well!

Edited by rockymtnbri

I tried the so called Official Froya from Dell SUCX BIG TIME...i think they lost it this time. After such a wait and aspirations, i get to see a piece of junk. I am sure the Developers @ Dell need some time off from thier work. Neways, i wanna appreciate Stephen Hyde for the wonderful work he has done....Donation on the Way !!

Moving Back from Official Dell Crap to Hydes 1.4.1..... Cheers !!