StreakDroid FroYo v1.4.2 - Announcement Thread

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest johny1fin
Anyone able to confirm for me the enchanced Exchange support supposedly included in 2.2, are these features available

in staves 1.4.1?

Thanks in advance...:-)

Yes I have been using native email client on exchange for two weeks now on various builds inc 1.4.1 so 1.4.1 is fine.

You can even do a shortcut for each email ie exchange/gmail/yahoo etc so you go streight to that emails inbox.

Guest jannism
i never get the browser fc here,
Have just had a very easy upgrade from 1.3 to 1.4.1 and I'm nowhere near a pc! Wonderful.

No problems that I can see other than still get fc on browser exit.

Steve, are you saying you've never got fc when closing the browser via menu>exit?

Guest ShriekBob

Quick drop in to say thank you for some awesome work here.

I two have three bugs:

1. FC when I go Menu Button -> Exit in the browser

2. Blank white screen in the Calendar unless I go to the Agenda page

3. Seems to ignore me when I set a ringtone.

Other than that this is some seriously nippy s***. I like.

Guest payneardo
cam yes, calender im noty sure of issue since its a google app, ringtone im also not sure of still investivgating

Not sure if its been posted but had a quick check.

Calendar is there as if you click on different parts of the screen it brings up the day and if you do have something on there it shows it. Is it something to do with the white theme ?? and just the text and grid is white as well ??

Simple calendar widget shows my up and coming appointments and gemini calendar works (ok not great on the dell streak but does work B)

Hope this helps and it hasn't been posted before :)

and sorry for a noob question ( I am still learning :) ) do I have to use something different to root on 1.41 or can I still use universal androot ??

Edited by payneardo

i have the current version of all google apps, (market doesnt show but appbrain does) including gmail 2.3 (from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=788992 because in market it is not showed for us) , in your rom is 2.2 which puts the sign for attachment in the sender name if you check in the inbox view.

my bugs are :

calendar view is white

rintones cant changed and will not play if selected in settings

really bad wifi signal

and the missing weekday names in alarm clock in german language

beside this it is a great image in terms of speed and batterie lifetime, great work steve

Guest punkrckriot

is anybody else experiencing extremely slow data speeds with this build? took me 15 minutes to download facebook from the market.... its 2.47mb lol. ive got full service but the data is slow as all hell

Guest Hells_Child

Great build Steve, the only thing i can find wrong is that when im using the camera the streak beeps at me likes its mad at me! lol. seems to happen when i focus to take the pic and also when i switch to front facing camera. The streak just gets upset and goes "beep beep"....??

Any reason why?

Guest TimoBeil

Hi,

I've noticed the following:

changing ringtone is possible if you previously in the menue above also changes the volume a little bit.

Edited by TimoBeil

Guest TimoBeil
Great build Steve, the only thing i can find wrong is that when im using the camera the streak beeps at me likes its mad at me! lol. seems to happen when i focus to take the pic and also when i switch to front facing camera. The streak just gets upset and goes "beep beep"....??

Any reason why?

That bothers me too. I've changed to "shutter sound off"

Edited by TimoBeil

Guest Rabbitz
is anybody else experiencing extremely slow data speeds with this build? took me 15 minutes to download facebook from the market.... its 2.47mb lol. ive got full service but the data is slow as all hell

I've noticed this as well...

Also I get the "Insufficient Storage Available" Error when installing apps from the market or from SD.

I've tried

1) Open a command prompt in windows and change to the directory you have ADB.exe installed (on my setup it's cd\androidsdk\tools)

2) type adb shell and press Return

3) type chmod 777 /data/* and press Return

4) (not sure if this is required) type chmod 777 /data and Press Return

And flashing back to 1.3 to wipe data/system/cache then reflashed 1.4. No luck...

Guest filotti
Yes I have been using native email client on exchange for two weeks now on various builds inc 1.4.1 so 1.4.1 is fine.

You can even do a shortcut for each email ie exchange/gmail/yahoo etc so you go streight to that emails inbox.

At work we are using Exchange 2010 SP1. As soon as I upgraded to v1.4.1, exchange sync stopped working.

Luckily I found this: http://laur.ie/blog/2010/09/exchange-2010-...-android-froyo/

And so I replaced the email.apk with that one and it worked.

I've noticed this as well...

Also I get the "Insufficient Storage Available" Error when installing apps from the market or from SD.

I've tried

And flashing back to 1.3 to wipe data/system/cache then reflashed 1.4. No luck...

This was a common issue with 1.2.... we flashed back to 1.1.1 and flashed 1.2 without factory reset and worked fine. From there you can go straight to 1.4.1

Guest Stephen Hyde
This was a common issue with 1.2.... we flashed back to 1.1.1 and flashed 1.2 without factory reset and worked fine. From there you can go straight to 1.4.1

which is what the instructions on first post say B)

Guest OmegaStalker
i have the current version of all google apps, (market doesnt show but appbrain does) including gmail 2.3 (from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=788992 because in market it is not showed for us) , in your rom is 2.2 which puts the sign for attachment in the sender name if you check in the inbox view.

my bugs are :

calendar view is white

rintones cant changed and will not play if selected in settings

really bad wifi signal

and the missing weekday names in alarm clock in german language

beside this it is a great image in terms of speed and batterie lifetime, great work steve

yeah im getting these problems too...

calendar doesnt work...

wifi weak even when im next to router...

Steve do you think its worth going back to v1.3 for a little bit? and how would i do that anyways?

Guest OmegaStalker
yeah im getting these problems too...

calendar doesnt work...

wifi weak even when im next to router...

Steve do you think its worth going back to v1.3 for a little bit? and how would i do that anyways?

Umm and now my Streak wont get past the dell logo... i installed Kikamals theme ontop of v1.4.1 and its stuck on the dell logo loop with the purple and blue colours what do i do??

Guest RichB93

Shame rooting is broken atm as I'd like to restore my data with Titanium Backup. My Streak has rooted OK but Titanium Backup doesn't like it despite being granted superuser permissions. Also the Stage UI is a nice idea with some great touches but just isn't anywhere near as fast as ADWLauncher which is a big disappointment for me B)

EDIT: Oh and the Camera app just keeps FCing.

Edited by RichB93

Guest Stephen Hyde
Umm and now my Streak wont get past the dell logo... i installed Kikamals theme ontop of v1.4.1 and its stuck on the dell logo loop with the purple and blue colours what do i do??

its been mentioned that that theme will crash 1.2+ as the frameworks changed

Shame rooting is broken atm as I'd like to restore my data with Titanium Backup. My Streak has rooted OK but Titanium Backup doesn't like it despite being granted superuser permissions. Also the Stage UI is a nice idea with some great touches but just isn't anywhere near as fast as ADWLauncher which is a big disappointment for me sad.gif

EDIT: Oh and the Camera app just keeps FCing.

cvamera is a known problem with some streaks.

rooting most certainly works. unroot unroot root root seems to work in androot or uise z4root from market

Guest OmegaStalker

rooting most certainly works. unroot unroot root root seems to work in androot or uise z4root from market

so what do i do now? should i downgrade to v1.1.1? can i do this without being able to access my streak as it wont go back the dell logo?

Guest Stephen Hyde
so what do i do now? should i downgrade to v1.1.1? can i do this without being able to access my streak as it wont go back the dell logo?

you need to be able to get 1.1.1 on their yes, if the zips already on sd ten just boot to clockwork and reflash 1.4

you need to be able to get 1.1.1 on their yes, if the zips already on sd ten just boot to clockwork and reflash 1.4

Friendly reminder... baseband on 1.2+ has changed.

Guest RichB93

Yeah it has rooted fine (I can su in terminal and do su stuff) but only Titanium Backup is complaining saying it can't get root access despite being granted it. Still I'm not trying to sound ungrateful, your work on the Streak is amazing and your ROMs are infinitely better than what Dell has put out before! :) B)