ROM cm6 AIO v7 (based on beta 0.40)

Guest Richard_Arkless

Guest AntonioPT
Just 2 questions:

Is this for richards ROM ir Toms cyanogen?

I need it for Toms 0.40 Version.

And can i just replace the launcher pro apk Witz a newer Version?

It should only work with Tom's 0.40.

Don't worry, when a new Launcher Pro version comes out I'll release another flashable zip :)

Guest thisweb
It should only work with Tom's 0.40.

Don't worry, when a new Launcher Pro version comes out I'll release another flashable zip :)

Nice can I flash this after flashing your performance zip as well?

Guest sporting_exodus

I've installed the package and gapps and everything appears fine, however it's really laggy and sometimes reboots (quite a few FC's as well). I've moved straight from FLB 1.6 with SWAP and A2SD enabled, and that was running pretty well.

Is there something I am missing? I wiped all data (factory reset in Clockwork), but I'm wondering if I need to do anything to my SD card/enable SWAP??

Also I noticed some other problems that I've found solutions to, just in case it helps anyone:

1. SwiftKey had lost some functionality (right hand suggestion box was missing), I thought this might be because of the 140 density, so I changed it back to 160 - I know this is large, but it is much clearer for me. The free app I used was:

LCDDensity and I can recommend it.

2. Google Voice Search would not open for me (instant FC), this solved itself after I installed it again from the Market, so I think the FLB Gapps file (which I used) might be out of date?

3. General running seemed to stabilize a bit when I use ADW Launcher rather than the Zeam app which was installed as default.

Some things that I haven't found solutions for:

1. I've used Advanced Task Killer for a while, but with this install whenever I open it there are loads of apps running in the background (around a dozen, compared to 4-5 usually) - is there a reason for this?

2. The GPS icon in the notification bar seems really flaky, not appearing when I've turned GPS on, and not disappearing when I turn it off? --EDIT: seems like this is a known bug, sorry.

Edited by sporting_exodus

Guest Richard_Arkless

Hi guys I decided to post a link to the rom which is currently in development, note this is untested and incomplete (incomplete as in there isnt enough changes to release as a new version)

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Hi guys I decided to post a link to the rom which is currently in development, note this is untested and incomplete (incomplete as in there isnt enough changes to release as a new version)

Richard, while you are still working on it, have a look at this post and see if you agree that it should be fixed in your rom:

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1506495

Guest Richard_Arkless
Richard, while you are still working on it, have a look at this post and see if you agree that it should be fixed in your rom:

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1506495

Yes its a defite mistype (well spotted :)) as for what has changed, its too early to tell but ill most likely install this rom to see if I notice any difference

Guest Richard_Arkless

I guys please try out the latest beta (beta 5) and tell me what you think of it, its over on the download link under the work in progress folder

Changelog since v3

Re-added email.apk and adw launcher 1.3.3 (by request of community)

Fixed touchpal

Added gingerbread android keyboard

rild.libargs=-d /dev/smd0 was mistyped in the build.prop (thanks twrock)

Changed wpa_supplicant to default value

removed duplicate ro.com.android.dataroaming=false from build.prop

Added the Gingerbread Theme with themed contacts and browser, thanks flip360 for porting this theme and also igor_anta for theming the adw launcher

Added custom transitions found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=831485 to the framework-res.apk (Thanks loljpgp for the find and also to M@XLOL and MagnusRagnarok over on the xda-dev's for making these fantastic transitions)

Just tried your new rom with the CyanogenMod 6 MDPI gapps, Couldn't see the Market or a File Explorer so gave up a nandroid back to my old ROM.

Is it something I did?

Guest Richard_Arkless
Just tried your new rom with the CyanogenMod 6 MDPI gapps, Couldn't see the Market or a File Explorer so gave up a nandroid back to my old ROM.

Is it something I did?

I would try the tiny version or the flb one

Guest SavvyLogic

Is it something I did?

Had the same problem. Used the FLB one. Works well.

Guest Richard_Arkless

Ok v4 finished and also uploaded some screenshots of the linpack, quadrant and neocore scores, one small fix I had to put in, I forgot to put the command to copy over the sdcard folder to /sdcard in the updater-script meaning you didnt get the gingerbread xml to set the text to white, apart from that nothing else has changed from the beta

EDIT: Just uploaded a flashable zip which sets the lcd density back to 160

Guest Richard_Arkless
@Richard_Arkless

flashable zip which sets the lcd density back to 160 - don't change anything. Lcd dencity still be 140.

Strange, does it give you an error when you flash it?

Guest sporting_exodus

Wow! v4 works great, much quicker than v3 on my phone for some reason?

Thanks for the hard work and regular updates! :)

I still miss a T9 keypad, and for some reason I'm having problems with my Flixter Movies and Android Agenda Widget apps - but I can live with these for the great features this ROM gives me.

Guest jordanclarke69

hey group, if i'm already on v0.3. do i only have to download and install the v0.4 zip or do i need to re-flash gapps/darktremors/app2sd??

and if i do this, will i need to reinstall all my apps, and browser bookmarks or change my JIT settings etc the first time i thun the phone on?

Guest sporting_exodus
hey group, if i'm already on v0.3. do i only have to download and install the v0.4 zip or do i need to re-flash gapps/darktremors/app2sd??

and if i do this, will i need to reinstall all my apps, and browser bookmarks or change my JIT settings etc the first time i thun the phone on?

Same question a few posts above. Just installing the zip file from Clockwork is fine, no need to do anything else, no settings or apps will be affected. It's a great update!