ROM cm6 AIO v7 (based on beta 0.40)

Guest Richard_Arkless

Guest Berndvh

is the stock gingerbread launcher port better/faster than the gingerbread themed ADWlauncher? i noticed that the stock port is way bigger than the ADW launcher, zeam launcher and even launcherpro. this could be an issue due to the lack of storage on our lovely pulse. but if its faster and more efficient i will use it for performance gain.

Guest Richard_Arkless
It's safe to remove Gmail.apk (I use K-9) or are there any side-effects? G-Talk is essential for example. I don't need it and it just wasting space and memory.

Yes you can remove it

Does the gingerbread keyboard in this rom also have the &amp bug?

Dunno what the bug is to see if it does have it

Can i still use the Blue S v1.5 for CyanogenMod 6.1 RC2 theme with this ROM

Yes you can

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest AntonioPT
is the stock gingerbread launcher port better/faster than the gingerbread themed ADWlauncher? i noticed that the stock port is way bigger than the ADW launcher, zeam launcher and even launcherpro. this could be an issue due to the lack of storage on our lovely pulse. but if its faster and more efficient i will use it for performance gain.

In my opinion it's faster than ADW. It's not better, as it doesn't allow any type of customization.

I'm using it on a daily basis and it works just fine :)

Guest Berndvh
In my opinion it's faster than ADW. It's not better, as it doesn't allow any type of customization.

I'm using it on a daily basis and it works just fine :)

hmm thnx :) im not really looking for customization. im looking for my pulse to be faster. but do you think the 5 Mb's is worth is over the 800kb's of adw?

Guest Pulseuser1

The android keyboard wont work if you download a theme that tries to theme the Latin.ime (i just flashed the blue s theme and it stopped working)

i dont use it, but i just thought i'd say

Guest AntonioPT
hmm thnx :) im not really looking for customization. im looking for my pulse to be faster. but do you think the 5 Mb's is worth is over the 800kb's of adw?

No :)

But with A2SD you'll barely notice that those 5mb even exist :(

Guest AntonioPT
It's safe to remove Gmail.apk (I use K-9) or are there any side-effects? G-Talk is essential for example. I don't need it and it just wasting space and memory.

I think so. Keep a backup just in case...

Guest Berndvh
No :)

But with A2SD you'll barely notice that those 5mb even exist :)

A2SD doesn't that slow down your launcher? hmm i will try it anyways thnx for the advice :(

Guest AntonioPT
A2SD doesn't that slow down your launcher? hmm i will try it anyways thnx for the advice :)

No... :)

A2SD (Darktremor's, I'm not talking about Froyo's) is very fast! If you have a Class 6+ SD card it can be even faster that installing the apps on the internal memory.

Ok I found something interesting

format system then flash the rom = 11mb

dont format and flash the rom = 7mb

what? the rom should format the system shouldnt it

maybe this is the reason twrock why 0.3 worked for you and 0.4 didnt, the fact that its not formatting before it flashes

I've commented about this elsewhere.

IIRC, installing 0.4 did not delete Gapps for me. (But faulty memory is always a possibility for me.)

But it did delete the other apps I had pre-installed in a modified version of 0.3 I had made (AndExplorer and HanvonCalla IME).

I don't understand enough figure out why. Or is it that my memory is faulty? I don't know for sure unless I go back and do it all over again.

Guest protocold
I've commented about this elsewhere.

IIRC, installing 0.4 did not delete Gapps for me. (But faulty memory is always a possibility for me.)

But it did delete the other apps I had pre-installed in a modified version of 0.3 I had made (AndExplorer and HanvonCalla IME).

I don't understand enough figure out why. Or is it that my memory is faulty? I don't know for sure unless I go back and do it all over again.

Not only in 0.4 but this symptoms also exist lin earlier version as well. Just the standard wiping itself wont delete gapps, I also have to format system in order to clean up the previous leftover when moving to newer version like 0.4. I have 2 pulse and both behave the same.

Guest Richard_Arkless
Not only in 0.4 but this symptoms also exist lin earlier version as well. Just the standard wiping itself wont delete gapps, I also have to format system in order to clean up the previous leftover when moving to newer version like 0.4. I have 2 pulse and both behave the same.

What about other roms, same problem and if so is this a bug in clockwork or a "feature"?

Is it just me or does anyone else miss armon recovery

No offense to the dev as this is a great alternative but I never had any problems in armon

like for example, if I was editing the update-script for armon I can use notepad ++, for some reason I cant do that with clockwork's updater-script, so I pretty much have to do it on a linux editor like gedit and if I even attempt it once then it nukes it meaning I have to revert back to one which hasnt been edited once with notepad++

Thanks for the confirmation.

I'm thinking it is something that Cyanogen did in the install scripts so that people can just flash his rom onto their phones without losing the proprietary Google/HTC bits. (This all started with HTC phones.) My further guess is that this dates all the way back to the cease & desist letter from Google. We have to install Gapps separately if we want the latest versions, but a later version of CM won't delete those.

But, I'm just guessing. I don't really know.

Guest Richard_Arkless
Thanks for the confirmation.

I'm thinking it is something that Cyanogen did in the install scripts so that people can just flash his rom onto their phones without losing the proprietary Google/HTC bits. (This all started with HTC phones.) My further guess is that this dates all the way back to the cease & desist letter from Google. We have to install Gapps separately if we want the latest versions, but a later version of CM won't delete those.

But, I'm just guessing. I don't really know.

I found out how it is backing up, it runs a program before formatting, copies all the apps listed in that program to the sdcard then afterwards runs the same program and restores it back in its place and deletes any trace of it in the sdcard

Should we keep or remove it, sure its nice as you dont have to reinstall gapps again but im sensing its going to be a pain in the backside

Guest protocold

Huh? Does it has to do with CM? To me, it seems like it is the CW recovery as the wipe in the CW doesnt wipe everything clean completely and we have to format "system" partition in order to get rid of things (e.g. gapps) completely.

Guest Berndvh
No... :)

A2SD (Darktremor's, I'm not talking about Froyo's) is very fast! If you have a Class 6+ SD card it can be even faster that installing the apps on the internal memory.

does darktremor's A2SD install normally with the 710 kernel? i heard some comments about not installing properly on the 691 kernel and the 750 one.

i tried darktremor's A2SD on another rom, it felt faster with it than the normal A2SD.