ROM cm6 AIO v7 (based on beta 0.40)

Guest Richard_Arkless

Guest flip360
Thanks for the confirmation.

I'm thinking it is something that Cyanogen did in the install scripts so that people can just flash his rom onto their phones without losing the proprietary Google/HTC bits. (This all started with HTC phones.) My further guess is that this dates all the way back to the cease & desist letter from Google. We have to install Gapps separately if we want the latest versions, but a later version of CM won't delete those.

But, I'm just guessing. I don't really know.

I have the same issue with AmonRa, after installing gapps even if i wipe everything after flashing a new ROM the gapps are still there

Guest Richard_Arkless
Huh? Does it has to do with CM? To me, it seems like it is the CW recovery as the wipe in the CW doesnt wipe everything clean completely and we have to format "system" partition in order to get rid of things (e.g. gapps) completely.

yea its got something to do with the cm6 rom, I tested without this program included and it formats everything and nothing of gapps is there now

So should I include the program or not?

I think the problem goes away if we use the superwipe.zip. It is initially for the G1 but should work on our devices as well.

IT IS NOT TESTED!!!! SO USE IT IS ON YOUR OWN RISK!!!

Thats what it does:

1) Call erase_image on CACHE, SYSTEM, USERDATA, and BOOT partitions

2) Mount /sd-ext (if it exists) and delete all files from it

3) Delete all files in the /sdcard/.android_secure directory which is where all the froyo apps2sd files live

4) Run e2fsck (file system repair) on the your ext partition

5) Log all output to the /tmp/wipe.log file (if you care)

Look over here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...light=superwipe

http://www.multiupload.com/KUHC7RM4V4

I have used it on my G1 sometimes and it does what it says.

The update-script in the Cyano-Update.zip starts a backuptool.sh which backup the gApps. But if the /system is empty it has nothing to backup. So look for a backup folder on your SD-Card before flashing in case there is one delete it, flash superwipe.zip and then begin the Cyano install routine (Cyano0.4, gapps, dt-apps2sd and so on...).

Perhaps some of our brilliant devs can take a look on the Superwipe.zip to clarify if it is compatible to our Pulse.....

Guest flip360
yea its got something to do with the cm6 rom, I tested without this program included and it formats everything and nothing of gapps is there now

So should I include the program or not?

what is the program and if optional how do we remove it?

thanks

Guest Richard_Arkless
what is the program and if optional how do we remove it?

thanks

in the updater script look for these

package_extract_file("system/bin/backuptool.sh", "/tmp/backuptool.sh");

set_perm(0, 0, 0777, "/tmp/backuptool.sh");

run_program("/tmp/backuptool.sh", "backup");

run_program("/tmp/backuptool.sh", "restore");

So delete those and if you want also delete the backuptool.sh from /system/bin then just repackage it into a zip

but im uploading a work in progress now where ive removed the above and also added the customised calendar and the other apk's which you were kind enough to make, thanks btw

Guest dimben1

Bonjour

j'ai un gros soucy , j'ai formater mon phone depuis mon PC et depuis je ne peut plus utiliser "rom manager" , il me dit "don't found adb"

aidez moi s'il vous plait

Hello

I have a big soucy, I format my phone from my PC and since I can no longer use "Roma manager", he said "do not found adb"

help me please

Guest flip360
in the updater script look for these

run_program("/tmp/backuptool.sh", "backup");

run_program("/tmp/backuptool.sh", "restore");

So delete those and if you want also delete the backuptool.sh from /system/bin then just repackage it into a zip

but im uploading a work in progress now where ive removed the above and also added the customised calendar and the other apk's which you were kind enough to make, thanks btw

yes i`ve seen this but i didnt know that it made such things. (noob) :)

No problem bro, but only the icons are themed, as they come out (very shortly) i will try to theme them some more :)

btw your custom rom rocks!

Edited by flip360

Guest dimben1
Bonjour

j'ai un gros soucy , j'ai formater mon phone depuis mon PC et depuis je ne peut plus utiliser "rom manager" , il me dit "don't found adb"

aidez moi s'il vous plait

Hello

I have a big soucy, I format my phone from my PC and since I can no longer use "Roma manager", he said "do not found adb"

help me please

pouvez vous m'aider svp

can you help me please

Guest lolcano

Having some trouble getting this to boot, I've had CM6 v4 installed and running fine with the ginger froyo themes and performance patch etc but no matter what I try I just get a bootloop when installing this, tried wiping everything and starting fresh but no luck, any ideas? :l

Guest Berndvh
Thanks for the ROM great work really liking it, but twice now its rebooted on me mid call.

Any ideas?

i got a reboot after clicking "mount USB storage device" on my pulse and another one when i was sending a mail. i can live with it. but maybe it is usefull information?

Guest AntonioPT
does darktremor's A2SD install normally with the 710 kernel? i heard some comments about not installing properly on the 691 kernel and the 750 one.

i tried darktremor's A2SD on another rom, it felt faster with it than the normal A2SD.

Darktremor's A2SD works with both the 691 and the 710 MHz kernel. Haven't tried the 750 one.

Guest AntonioPT
i got a reboot after clicking "mount USB storage device" on my pulse and another one when i was sending a mail. i can live with it. but maybe it is usefull information?

Are you using Froyo's A2SD?

IIRC, that is a known bug, it reboots (or force closes, can't remember) when trying to mount the SD card.

Try using Darktremor's A2SD, waaay better :)

Guest roockycoller

I just flashed the new rom and it's great thanks richard!

The only thing I notice is that the green and red button wakes the phone, also the trackball. Is that right?

cheers

Guest Richard_Arkless
I just flashed the new rom and it's great thanks richard!

The only thing I notice is that the green and red button wakes the phone, also the trackball. Is that right?

cheers

yea its right lol it happens in 1.5 and 2.1 doesnt it

Guest Richard_Arkless

Hi guys im planning on adding the old tv effect that you see in gingerbread 2.3 whenever you turn the screen off, I assume it would be in the framework-res.apk where all the other effects are, am I correct?

EDIT: not in the pulse port of the sdk, guess its in the actual nexus s rom dump, downloading now

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest Fusion0306
Hi guys im planning on adding the old tv effect that you see in gingerbread 2.3 whenever you turn the screen off, I assume it would be in the framework-res.apk where all the other effects are, am I correct?

EDIT: not in the pulse port of the sdk, guess its in the actual nexus s rom dump, downloading now

I love that effect :)

Guest Berndvh
Are you using Froyo's A2SD?

IIRC, that is a known bug, it reboots (or force closes, can't remember) when trying to mount the SD card.

Try using Darktremor's A2SD, waaay better :)

yeah i will try that. now to find darktremor's AP2SD....

Guest Berndvh

hey i think i found a bug. when i use built in A2SD i have 6 MB of free space left. after that i switched all my apps from my SD card to my phone (also the big ones like maps) now i have 14MB of space left.

yeah that gave me some real big question marks!

Guest Richard van Nieuwenhuizen

Great ROM.

Like it a lot.

Runs fine, also with OC kernel.

Question about Gingerbread Keyboard: How about (installing) language packs.

It says Dutch Language available, but it doesn't work.

Looks like only English is installed/working.

@Berndvh: I think you have Apps2ext installed and had before used built in Apps2SD. Now if you push the Apps from SD to "Phone" the Apps lays on the sd-ext Partition of your SD-Card. There are diffrences between built in Apps2SD and the DT-Apps2SD (=Apps2ext)..... Many people mix it up and gets errors. on the DT-Apps2SD the /data folder gets linked to /sd-ext/data. On Phone storage /data there only is a link to the folder on sd-ext.

The built in Apps2SD mounts a folder on the SDCard and puts only the APK-File in the Folder so the Space needed on the Telephone is not much less than without Apps2SD.

Every App use 3 Places where Data is stored. The APK file is in /data/app; the datafiles that are needed to operate is in /data/data/"app name" and of course there are files in the dalvik-cache.

With Apps2ext you can personally decide where which files for the Programms are to be stored in. Theoreticaly with all options set to on with Apps2ext there are no files on /data for any App installed and you get a many free space on phone storage.

Guest Richard_Arkless

Ok can someone help me with this tv turn off effect, I first thought it would be the lock_screen_enter.xml in framework-res.apk in the res/anim folder but when I copied it over it still had that fade effect when you put your phone to sleep, in the end I tried copying over all the files and still no effect

Does anyone know where else it would be?

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest roockycoller
yea its right lol it happens in 1.5 and 2.1 doesnt it

Sorry for my ignorance but didn't you change this in the previous version of your rom? When I was using the v3 the red, green and trackball button didn't wake the phone.

Thanks