ROM cm6 AIO v7 (based on beta 0.40)

Guest Richard_Arkless

Guest Richard_Arkless
First of all i want to congratulate you for the great job and idea :)

I just have one question, after I installed Tom's CM6 v04 I ran the AntonioPT performance zip and I noticed a great difference in speed. Does your script include those tweaks or it's best to run the script in your rom to?

Thanks

all the tweaks that AntonioPT listed on that thread is in this rom so you dont need to install antonio's zip after installing this rom

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest Maksim K

Hey guys!

First of all, let met thank you for your efforts! This tremendous amount of work done by enthusiasts for community encourage really much!

all the tweaks that AntonioPT listed on that thread is in this rom so you dont need to install antonio's zip after installing this rom

Just to make sure I understood the above correctly.. all the AntonioPT's fixes are already in CM AIO v4? Or you were meaning the current CM AIO v5b1?

Guest Richard_Arkless
Hey guys!

First of all, let met thank you for your efforts! This tremendous amount of work done by enthusiasts for community encourage really much!

Just to make sure I understood the above correctly.. all the AntonioPT's fixes are already in CM AIO v4? Or you were meaning the current CM AIO v5b1?

yes in v4, I put them in when v3 of the rom was released (the 710 kernel, jit and the 24m heap size was done in v2, before antonio released that zip), they aren't really antoniopt's fixes but is totiadrenalin (and the kernel was by starkos), all that antonio did was put it all in a addon zip which you install on top of the original cm6 port made by tom

Guest scoobydoo99

Right, sorted the verification problem and installed the rom today.

1st problem is that I'm still having the same wifi problem I had on page 8 of this thread.

I'll have a go at deleting the wpa_supplicant.conf file - but I've another problem to sort first.

I've managed to overwrite the apps icon on the ADW dockbar - I didn't realise the dustbin in froyo ADW was at the top of the screen and I dragged an icon down to the bottom toolbar and it's overwritten the apps icon.

I'm baffled how to get it back - and it's making opening apps a bit difficult without it...

Terminal seemed to be missing after installing the rom, managed to get it off the market - shouldn't it have been in this rom?

Guest Richard_Arkless
Right, sorted the verification problem and installed the rom today.

1st problem is that I'm still having the same wifi problem I had on page 8 of this thread.

I'll have a go at deleting the wpa_supplicant.conf file - but I've another problem to sort first.

I've managed to overwrite the apps icon on the ADW dockbar - I didn't realise the dustbin in froyo ADW was at the top of the screen and I dragged an icon down to the bottom toolbar and it's overwritten the apps icon.

I'm baffled how to get it back - and it's making opening apps a bit difficult without it...

Terminal seemed to be missing after installing the rom, managed to get it off the market - shouldn't it have been in this rom?

To restore the app icon

1. Hold your finger down on the homescreen

2. Click custom shortcuts and click pick your activity

3. Click launcher actions and choose "open and close app drawer"

4. Click ok and then drag that icon to the dock

I wanted to save space in system so I removed the terminal but like you said its in the market so really it isnt much of a loss and not that many people use it unless they are checking something or fixing a problem

Guest scoobydoo99
To restore the app icon

1. Hold your finger down on the homescreen

2. Click custom shortcuts and click pick your activity

3. Click launcher actions and choose "open and close app drawer"

4. Click ok and then drag that icon to the dock

I wanted to save space in system so I removed it

Thanks Richard, knew it would be simple - if only I knew how :)

hi people, I made a Wipe like the tutorial but this is always rebooting and I don't know why.

Just says

Formating SDEXT

E:can't mout /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 (file exists)

Is because of that?

Guest Richard_Arkless
hi people, I made a Wipe like the tutorial but this is always rebooting and I don't know why.

Just says

Formating SDEXT

E:can't mout /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 (file exists)

Is because of that?

Shouldnt be, try flashing the 691mhz kernel

Guest Richard_Arkless
This solve my problem, thank's... you're the best :)

next time you have a question keep that question in the thread that its about or people wont have a clue what your on about

Guest h3dshot

hi just flashed this,(AIO zip, 691mhz kernel+gapps) it boots and runs smoothly however it does like to randomly reboot, it did so twice during the set up wizard and reboots everytime i attempt to install from market, currently done it a few times as i tried to install facebook, and also did it for e strongs file explorer :)

any ideas/solutions? im thinking its running out of memory and rebooting or maybe the 691 kernel?

thanks

Guest Richard_Arkless
hi just flashed this,(AIO zip, 691mhz kernel+gapps) it boots and runs smoothly however it does like to randomly reboot, it did so twice during the set up wizard and reboots everytime i attempt to install from market, currently done it a few times as i tried to install facebook, and also did it for e strongs file explorer :)

any ideas/solutions? im thinking its running out of memory and rebooting or maybe the 691 kernel?

thanks

what official update have you got, uk, hungarian or tre

Guest h3dshot
what official update have you got, uk, hungarian or tre

sorry, yeah ive got uk 2.1 did a full wipe before flashing, ive flashed the AIO zip,kernal,gapps, muiu music player/app and gingerbread froyo apps theme

Guest scoobydoo99
well...

obviously, download it, place it on sdcard and flash it trough recovery...

I just replaces the existing kernel then, does it?

Where would I find it (getting lazy now :) ) presume there's a kernel thread somewhere?

Guest AntonioPT
I just replaces the existing kernel then, does it?

Where would I find it (getting lazy now :) ) presume there's a kernel thread somewhere?

Yes, it replaces the existing kernel.

Download it here.

710mhz

Been watching this thread for a while as I'm (finally!) about to put a custom ROM on my Pulse. The main reason I want to upgrade is to deal with the pitiful app space on the official UK 2.1 ROM I'm running so therefore use a ROM that has DT A2SD. I read though in your R2 release notes that you couldn't get A2SD to work on the 691 kernel, but could at 710. If the fix to a rebooting phone is to use the 691 kernel, does that mean no A2SD? I really need the best solution to getting A2SD to work, almost above any other consideration. I have good speed Class 4 card.

Also, there was a question in an earlier thread about the (lack of?) a T9 keyboard. If you're including TouchPal though as I read, presumably it's the same keyboards as on the stock Pulse, so T9 too? I use T9 all the time, for good or ill!

Thanks for the epic work. Mighty impressive stuff.

Guest lingwooc

I've got a tmobile uk pulse updated to 2.1 then updated to this. I get reboots when I install things from the market (only managed to get one thing installed so far). It was a bit flakey with the 710 kernel so I put the slower one on and its stable the rest of the time.

I've tried with the built in app2sd on and off and attempted to install dt app2sd (although I don't think I formatted my card right), I've wiped and started again since then).

This sounds like the same problem a few other people here are having. Any ideas? I don't even know where to start looking for a solution.

Edit: other than this I'm impressed. Thanks to the people that got this all working. Its faster than the crappy tmobile version. I got sick of opera closing in the blackground. Admitadly I've not got it installed again yet.....

Edited by lingwooc

Guest Richard_Arkless
I've tried with the built in app2sd on and off and attempted to install dt app2sd (although I don't think I formatted my card right), I've wiped and started again since then).

This sounds like the same problem a few other people here are having. Any ideas? I don't even know where to start looking for a solution.

Dtapp2sd is already installed in this rom so all you need to do is partition the sdcard (this order, create fat partition, ext2 then swap) and then type a2sd reinstall and then a2sd check to make sure its all working fine

Guest scoobydoo99

Richard, now that I seem to have this rom running ok on my pulse, have you had any further though on the wifi problem I had before?

It looked like this was maybe the fix, the symptoms are certainly the same.

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...-on-cm6-solved/

But I've the same problem as before. The wpa_supplicant.conf file on my pulse is in /system/etc/wifi. In my data folder, there's no subdirectories at all, let alone the wpa_supplicant.conf file in /data/misc/wifi.

Maybe this is the problem on my pulse - can I create the /data/misc/wifi folder then put the file in there somehow?

Why would my directory structure differ to yours - I went from the UK 2.1 to FLB 1.5, then flashed this rom?