ROM cm6 AIO v7 (based on beta 0.40)

Guest Richard_Arkless

Guest thisweb
Ive added a FAQ to the main thread so that should decrease the duplicate questions

Are these 3 fixes included in your latest rom ? In the faqs you said there was a wifi reconnect issue still?

* Changes wifi.supplicant_scan_interval to 30 seconds, fixing the wifi not reconnecting after sleep and saving some battery; (thanks totiadrenalin)

* Enables hardware accelaration (debug.hw.sf); (thanks totiadrenalin)

* Installs libGLES_qcom.so and gralloc.msm7k; (a big thanks again to toti laugh.gif)

(from Antonio performance zip)

Thanks

Edit: Sorry, just seen it in your changelog on dropbox. It is included. ( faq says some get disconnected on wifi tho?) . One more question please does this rom support wifi tether?

Edited by thisweb

Guest thisweb

If you dont have a swap partition on your microsd then dta2sd will disable swap so you can use swapper2 to create a swap file

Thanks for the reply. Looks like swapper2 will work! :)

Guest thisweb

Is it/will it ever be possible to get the front camera working on the phone. I really miss this for calling kids when abroad (fring). It worked ok in 2.1. Is there any reason we (you clever lot) can't get it working or was it just left off because no one cares about it?

Guest Richard_Arkless
One more question please does this rom support wifi tether?

If you mean native wifi tethering then no you need the .32 kernel which is really hard to port, tom g stated that it boots with the .32 kernel but nothing works

Is it/will it ever be possible to get the front camera working on the phone. I really miss this for calling kids when abroad (fring). It worked ok in 2.1. Is there any reason we (you clever lot) can't get it working or was it just left off because no one cares about it?

The problem is that the source code was not provided for the front facing camera probably because the driver is propriety meaning the person who made it is in control on whether to hand over the source code or not

but anything is possible right, as more and more devices come out with front facing cameras I think at least one will have the same type camera (or similar) as ours and as long as it comes with at least 2.2 which it most likely will and the source code is available then it may very well work

Our next best hope is that we all start knocking on huawei's doors (figuratively speaking of course, unless you know someone who works there then yes you can knock on their door :)) and start asking for them to make a 2.2 or 2.3 rom for our phone

Wow did fring actually start working for our front facing cameras, last time I looked at it, only the back camera worked

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest AntonioPT
Wow did fring actually start working for our front facing cameras, last time I looked at it, only the back camera worked

Wait a second, are you saying that Fring actually works with the front camera now? NICE! :)

Guest Richard_Arkless
Wait a second, are you saying that Fring actually works with the front camera now? NICE! :)

Well thisweb says it does, im not going back to 2.1 just to check, cm is too awesome ;) lol

Guest AntonioPT
Well thisweb says it does, im not going back to 2.1 just to check, cm is too awesome ;) lol

That's why I asked, because when I tried back in the days when everybody used FLB-MOD, the front facing camera wasn't working... Oh well. CM > 2.1 + front facing camera :)

Guest spanner44

I have always thought that it is a shame that the front facing camera does not work, as I would love to be able to do the video calls, but have learnt to live without it for now, and will have to wait until someone can fix it (although I fear priority will move to 2.3 now) or until I change phones and upgrade.

Can't grumble too much though as its fantastic being able to run CM6 anyway.

Guest thisweb
That's why I asked, because when I tried back in the days when everybody used FLB-MOD, the front facing camera wasn't working... Oh well. CM > 2.1 + front facing camera :)

Sorry I was mistaken there I don't think it did work with fring. It may have been qik or nimbuzz or tango or one of those i forget but sure there was a skype compat app front cam did work ( over wifi), trouble is nothing seems to support skype anymore so may be a moot point anyway. ;) And yes I'd rather have CM6 than front cam on 2.1! Thanks guys.

Guest thisweb

Ok fixed clkock colour thanks.. However it just constantly reboots every few minutes whatever OC kernal I use. I did full wipe and fresh install. Also can't install new market, just fcs. :) Anyone else have these reboots. I don't understand why people have different experiences on the same machine.....

Guest h3dshot

hi again, ive been giving some thought to the reboots i get from installing from market, and ive come up with a thought, prepare yourselves:D

ok so i get reboots when installing from the market, could this be due to having no partitions for a2sd/swap as i believe this aio rom has that automatically enabled?

if not im swamped and am gunna have to go directly to the latest cm6.04 and do the tweaks myself :(

Guest AntonioPT
hi again, ive been giving some thought to the reboots i get from installing from market, and ive come up with a thought, prepare yourselves:D

ok so i get reboots when installing from the market, could this be due to having no partitions for a2sd/swap as i believe this aio rom has that automatically enabled?

if not im swamped and am gunna have to go directly to the latest cm6.04 and do the tweaks myself :(

This ROM includes A2SD but A2SD is only enabled/activated when it detects the extra partitions on the SD card.

If there's no partition besides the main FAT32 one, A2SD will do nothing (unless you tell it to do something).

Guest c.duarte

Hey,

I have some trouble with 3D launcherpro, i can't select the apps, it doesn't allow to do it. The app drawer looks weird lol.

Richard, can you look at it and find the cause of that? Thank you! =)

Guest Richard_Arkless
Hey,

I have some trouble with 3D launcherpro, i can't select the apps, it doesn't allow to do it. The app drawer looks weird lol.

Richard, can you look at it and find the cause of that? Thank you! =)

Others also have the same problem as you, I think I solved it by reverting back to a older version

Guest totiadrenalin

Pretty nice work man.

That's all I can say.

BTW I had the same setup of cm6.1 manually.

But it's really nice to have it all in one.

I have to commit that, to look trough all of the pages in the cm6 thread, and several other threads to find all of the new changes, tweaks, and etc. is really hard task.

I really appreciate your work.

Not for me, but for all other Pulse owners here in this community.

Have a nice work, and continue with the good job.

Best regards

TOTI

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest lingwooc

I sorted my reboots on market by reformatting my sd card using rom manager (with no swap partition as that stopped it booting at all). It took a few wipes and reinstalls to get rom manager installed though. Everything is working ok, it can be a bit slow sometimes but it is a pulse after all!

I do find it funny that just a few guys can so soundly outclass huawai and tmobile. My phone tells me about email again, huawai/tmobile had managed to screw that one up again in 2.1.

Cheers for the effort

I am really sorry to ask this stupid question, but its christmas and i seem to be stuck in a mental bootloop ;)

My problem is, i just can´t solve the rebooting problem after market downloads! Every time i try downloading an app, the phone freezes and reboots!

I read here that it might help to repartition the sd through Rommanager...

However, this is where i´m stuck! I cant install Rommanager through market and i also cant install it after pushing it on sd, as there is no Filemanager in the Rom (and as you may know, i just cant install one from the market as well!) ;)

I am aware that this is probably something pretty foolish and can be solved in seconds, but as i mentioned, i just cant figure it out at the moment and i would really apreciate any kind of help to make my pulse (and my girlfriend´s) finally enjoy cm6 :(

Thanks in Advance guys and merry christmas!

Guest Richard_Arkless
I am really sorry to ask this stupid question, but its christmas and i seem to be stuck in a mental bootloop ;)

My problem is, i just can´t solve the rebooting problem after market downloads! Every time i try downloading an app, the phone freezes and reboots!

I read here that it might help to repartition the sd through Rommanager...

However, this is where i´m stuck! I cant install Rommanager through market and i also cant install it after pushing it on sd, as there is no Filemanager in the Rom (and as you may know, i just cant install one from the market as well!) ;)

I am aware that this is probably something pretty foolish and can be solved in seconds, but as i mentioned, i just cant figure it out at the moment and i would really apreciate any kind of help to make my pulse (and my girlfriend´s) finally enjoy cm6 :(

Thanks in Advance guys and merry christmas!

Look at the FAQ bit on the first page

Look at the FAQ bit on the first page

Thanks for your reply Richard! And Thanks a lot for all your hard work here!

I tried Starkos Kernel but this didnt help at all unfortunately! I dont get reboots except after downloading from the market when it comes to installing..

Do you think it might help to flash the tiny Gapps instead of the latest ones??

I really love CM and all your tweaks so far and i hope to get this one sorted!

Thanks again and Cheers!

Guest Richard_Arkless

I tried Starkos Kernel but this didnt help at all unfortunately! I dont get reboots except after downloading from the market when it comes to installing..

Thanks again and Cheers!

I dont think its an issue with gapps, try partitioning the sd card in gparted either from a live cd of it or from a live cd of ubuntu, if you are unfamiliar with this then do some research on them, they aint too hard

Going back onto this rom development, I have been busy getting some uni work done (and of course christmas) thats need to be in as soon as we start again but will continue this rom after the new year, until then I will continue to look for new stuff that I can include

I do want to include antonioPT's kernel but I feel its not ready, I have asked him to include ext3 and 4 support which should speed up a2sd but will decrease the life of the sd card but at least its there if anyone wants it

Oh and antonio (thanks) was kind enough to post a zip on a thread that is full of touchpal language packs so to make it easier for people to find ill upload it to dropbox, it is in the optional stuff folder, just download the language you want, install then set it

Thanks again and Cheers!

One more suggestion for you. The next time you try to reinstall, go into Recovery and in the partitions options, format system. Then do a full wipe. Then try the install again.

my bank holiday adventure described below:

i finally decided to move on from stock huawei/t-mobile rom and put cyanogenmod on my u8220/pulse. richard's instructions in the first post were spot-on, and installation was a breeze.

some things to mention for newbies like me to this port: I thought my phone had died after update - first boot took so long. i lost patience after about 20+mins. killed it, and restarted again. it seems, the first boot takes >30mins. after the boot animation, the black screen stays for quite a long time. it might be helpful to prepare people for this long pause.

i would suggest changing the default theme to "stock black", to save everyone trying to change clock colours and status colours, etc by trial and error. i fiddled about a bit, then realised that changing the included theme was the quickest and best option.

i don't like adw, but i quite like the zeam launcher. i am a minimalist. i found zeam in the optional stuff, and flashed the zip from clockworkmod, right after cm6 and gapps.

first impression is awesome. kudos to all of you guys for a fab job in putting together a nice product. beats any other rom. plus the added advantage to staying with cyanogenmod, as they carry the development forward much better than all the other manufacturers put together.

everything works fine, including the overclocked kernel and wifi, out of the box.

i didn't find spare parts installed. is that reqd to change the behaviour of the red button. or is there somne other way. currently, it turns my screen off - a bit irritating. perhaps, it could open recent apps? how can we do so?

i don't use jit, swap, compcache, etc. they are all non-standard, and useful for specific purposes. cyanogen recommends not using them. see their wikis and faqs for info:

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=JIT

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Compcache

hopefully, the links make sense. It is counterproductive, unless you are a power user, using your phone like a desktop with multiple mega-hungry apps running simultaneously. even in that scenario, android memory/manager is quite efficient in cleanly closing apps, without loss of data.

is it because i don't have swap, ext partitions on my sdcard, that market wouldn't install any apps. is it looking to install on sdcard? i hope not.

market could be a deal-breaker for me. i hate this version. the top half with advertisements take up more than half my screen estate. it feels too heavy compared to the recently updated market for 2.1.

this market version works fine with no errors. i can search, browse, and even find my installed apps. it prompts for apps with updates available. it downloads the apps with no errors either.

BUT, while installing from market, phone goes into a REBOOT. market downloads it, but during installation phone reboots. this happens every single time consistently. i have tried to install different apps unsuccessfully. i havent had a reboot at any other time, only for market installs.

pls don't tell me to format the sdcard and create swap + ext2/3/4 partitions. imho, that might work, but certainly not a solution. i don't want swap or apps2d or other non-standard things slowing down my phone. this brick is a primarily a phone, and a pc secondary.

sorry, if the post has become too long. you all have done wonderful work.

update: i have wiped, formatted, wiped and formatted all phone partitions all over, and put the updates back again. market install reboots the phone!

Edited by ve100