ROM cm6 AIO v7 (based on beta 0.40)

Guest Richard_Arkless

Hello,

anyone has a answer for me for the following post ?

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/322...0/page/880/#893

so please include a file manager in nex release...

further question:

why i am the only people who can no write a new sms and send it to my contacts. (missing field to choose contacts or to insert a new number)

in FLB V2.1 everything works ok... (last 1.7 MOD)

only when i write the sms from the contact or reply it from contacts and go to sms everything works ok...

please give me an answer for the sms bug and the standard file manager for android 2.2....

thanks

Edited by everal

Hello,

anyone has a answer for me for the following post ?

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/322...0/page/880/#893

so please include a file manager in nex release...

further question:

why i am the only people who can no write a new sms and send it to my contacts. (missing field to choose contacts or to insert a new number)

in FLB V2.1 everything works ok... (last 1.7 MOD)

only when i write the sms from the contact or reply it from contacts and go to sms everything works ok...

please give me an answer for the sms bug and the standard file manager for android 2.2....

thanks

You could just install any of the available file managers from the Market. Try AndExplorer (my favorite free filemanager), OI File Manager, or RootExplorer (great paid app). All of those work great.

As for your SMS problem, that sounds strange. If you are willing to try "anything", reboot into CW Recovery, do a nandroid backup, do a full wipe, then in the partitions menu format /system, reinstall the rom, and see if that fixed things. You can always go back to your backup if that doesn't work.

And if all else fails, you can always go back to FLB 1.7. It is still a great rom. ;)

Edited by twrock

Guest eckengucker1

@Sebarro

Dropbox link is only private as he wrote...

@Szafa: Partition SD card with ext+fat32 partition. Else A2SD won't work...

@everal:

Filemanager can be pushed with adb

install gapps again and wipe cache

Guest vit_min

can not write it, I apologize. the phone u8230 firmware 2.0 displays contacts as screenshoot (was once searching) can be done in CM6? I will very grateful if you help

PS sorry for my English, translated Google

0a6dd1617d33773ad891aa652aebc0c3.png

Guest Richard_Arkless

Right toti has uploaded a nandroid backup (not giving out the link because it contains paid apps and that would be against the board rules) of his phone so once I remove all the paid apps and get it in an update.zip ill upload it as v7, toti can you list what changes you have made so its easier for me to put in the changelog

After v7 is released we will be starting again and give it a new name and start with v1, preferably on a newer cm 6 build and it will contain all fixes and tweaks that is in this rom but is completely vanilla by default

in my free time I will attempt to speak to the official cyanogenmod dev's to see if they can release an official build for our pulse, I know its pretty unlikely but its worth a shot

To be honest I dont understand why they have to be so pigheaded about it, the hero is still being developed by them and the pulse is just as good if not better

Once I am successful I will stop developing this rom as it has met its goal (to make a team rom so it wont die out when the 1 developer leaves) and stop with the development for a while

edit, made update.zip, uploading now

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest totiadrenalin
Toti, could you please post a description of what you believe is the problem - Tom keeps promising he will eventually post his source code so it would be good to know what to fix if you aren't available to help when he does.

Just take a look here

This is the CameraService.cpp file converted into html page.

You can find in there something very important.

Now you can understand what and when need to release the camera device.

If somebody understand C++ I thing so that I don't have much to say.

We only need the source and check if everything is all right with CameraService.cpp

In logcat I saw that the camera app can not connect with the camera device.

And because some of the alternative camera applications has it's own lib they most likely bypass this problem.

I don't know!

I wish that if somehow we could decompile library files into C++ !

If you need some further infos about this issue I'm here to help.

But I'm pretty sure that the problem isn't with the camera.apk at all.

Because all of the apps can not connect with the cam device after the camera get stack.

Edited by totiadrenalin

First of all I want to thank everybody who made this amazing ROM possible. THANK YOU!!!

I have a question:

I'm gonna start tomorrow from scratch on my pulse (clean install) and I gonna buy a new 16GB SD card. Now I have the option of buying a class 2 or 4 or 6 SD card. I would like to fully utilize DTA2SD & swap. Which card would you recommended and perhaps why?

Thanks for the answer eckengucker1.

Edited by avenn

@Szafa: Partition SD card with ext+fat32 partition. Else A2SD won't work...

ext+fat32? You mean 2 partitions, one ext second fat32? And if yes what about their sizes? I have an 8GB micro sd card...

ext+fat32? You mean 2 partitions, one ext second fat32? And if yes what about their sizes? I have an 8GB micro sd card...

512mb should be enough for a lot of apps. If you want to use swap, a swap partition is recommended too.

512mb should be enough for a lot of apps. If you want to use swap, a swap partition is recommended too.

But still... are we talking about 512 for ext? By Swap partition you mean clear swap like in linux or some app making swap file? (again sorry for newbie questions but its something im just not sure)

So whats better v7 or v6?

And whats the changes from v6 to v7?

And 1 more question if its made from a backup then are all the datas he made like wlan networkes or gamedata from apps for example saved?

Hope some1 can answer my question ;)

But still... are we talking about 512 for ext? By Swap partition you mean clear swap like in linux or some app making swap file? (again sorry for newbie questions but its something im just not sure)

512mb for ext. By swap partition I mean a real swap partition like in Linux. The swap partition size depends on your sd card speed class. I would choose something between 32mb and 128mb.

Edited by Ellia

Guest Sheepeh
I'm having issues installing v7. It has problem copying to DATA or something like that. Anyone else??

Yes.

E:failure at line 4:

copy_dir PACKAGE:data DATA:

Installation aborted.

Just take a look here

This is the CameraService.cpp file converted into html page.

You can find in there something very important.

Now you can understand what and when need to release the camera device.

If somebody understand C++ I thing so that I don't have much to say.

We only need the source and check if everything is all right with CameraService.cpp

In logcat I saw that the camera app can not connect with the camera device.

And because some of the alternative camera applications has it's own lib they most likely bypass this problem.

I don't know!

I wish that if somehow we could decompile library files into C++ !

If you need some further infos about this issue I'm here to help.

But I'm pretty sure that the problem isn't with the camera.apk at all.

Because all of the apps can not connect with the cam device after the camera get stack.

toti, sorry i have been v.busy and away from this forum. i think it's time for job hunting again. so i can't really hack my phone and possibly be without reception for any length of time.

i agree with you that camera.apk is probably not our problem. it is the same camera.apk that works on all others. as long as we use the same framework, all apks should work similarly. the cpp is not specific to any device, and so i don't suspect any problem with that, but how our rom/kernel/driver calls the hardware. i suspect kernel/driver. in one of my other threads, i have listed a lot of kernel messages, and my interpretation. perhaps that could give some clues.

i also agree with you that the fault could possibly lie with camera service, or rather how it is called. if you look at other cyanogen roms, there seems to be a "camera client" in the system libs, but i see none in this rom. how does a service work without a client? i think this could be our issue!

i hope some of you would have more succes than me. does anyone know, if the .so files in /system/lib are device specific? i tried to port the camera client from one of the other mdpi cm6 roms, but i wasn't successful. :-(

Edited by ve100

Guest elchverleiher
Yes.

E:failure at line 4:

copy_dir PACKAGE:data DATA:

Installation aborted.

I had the same problem until I wiped the phone and resetted it to factory settings. After that the update worked just fine.

512mb for ext. By swap partition I mean a real swap partition like in Linux. The swap partition size depends on your sd card speed class. I would choose something between 32mb and 128mb.

Hi, Can I partition the SD card first with ROMmanager for dtapps2sd and swap to work?

Because clockwork-2.5.0.4 does not support ‘Partition SD Card’ in the "advanced menu.

Then afterwards boot into recovery, choose first factory reset, flash again the rom, and continue using the pulse WITHOUT installing rommanager?

Is it right or wrong to believe that when flashing the AIO rom (after partitioning the sd card with rommanager), the rom will automatically detect the made partitions and DTapps2sd and swap will work correctly and no addition steps have to be taken after that???

EDIT: This worked for me, so the answer to all questions above is YES.

Thanks to twrock by the way for your answer.

Edited by avenn