ROM cm6 AIO v7 (based on beta 0.40)

Guest Richard_Arkless

Guest dimben1

Hello, I downloaded V7, I am very satisfied, but the only problem it is that I have apps in double(copy) and that I cannot delete(eliminate) them, sure apps cannot be replaced; can use me please,

Thank you

Guest Fulcrum_X
You have lost some text message although you have enabled the stay-in-RAM-tweak in CM for the SMS-App? If yes, that's really strange and should not happen.

Edit: "should not". Normally a mobile phone should never lost some texts ;).

Yeah I had it enabled, but did not help.. Later I tried using a SWAP partition (as I read that would fix the SMS bug) but that didn't help either. I'm on 1.5 right now and it looks like I do get all the text messages now. Haven't missed one yet, on 2.2 I missed almost everything.

However, 1.5 is dramatic. I was forgotten about the terrible sensitivity of the touchscreen ;)

Yeah I had it enabled, but did not help.. Later I tried using a SWAP partition (as I read that would fix the SMS bug) but that didn't help either. I'm on 1.5 right now and it looks like I do get all the text messages now. Haven't missed one yet, on 2.2 I missed almost everything.

However, 1.5 is dramatic. I was forgotten about the terrible sensitivity of the touchscreen ;)

That sounds really weired. It's not easy to notice that some texts are lost, but I think I haven't lost any text with CM 2.2. What do you estimate, how many texts wasn't received by you?

Guest Fulcrum_X
That sounds really weired. It's not easy to notice that some texts are lost, but I think I haven't lost any text with CM 2.2. What do you estimate, how many texts wasn't received by you?

I'm texting a lot with my gf, so I know I missed around 60-80% of her text messages last weeks. It might be possible I missed from other people but that I don't know..

If this looks good with 1.5, I might try 2.2 again but then without DarkTremor and other stuff... maybe it helps.

I'm texting a lot with my gf, so I know I missed around 60-80% of her text messages last weeks. It might be possible I missed from other people but that I don't know..

If this looks good with 1.5, I might try 2.2 again but then without DarkTremor and other stuff... maybe it helps.

You can also try 2.1 from T-Mobile DE. The SMS bug seems to be fixed there as other people reported to me.

Guest Fulcrum_X
You can also try 2.1 from T-Mobile DE. The SMS bug seems to be fixed there as other people reported to me.

Would it make any difference if I update to 2.1 DE and then to 2.2? Or would that be useless? Thanks for your help anyway ;)

Does anybody knows if it possible to check the current swappy settings? (DTap2sd)

I know how to change them via 'terminal emulator' and I went trough all 'terminal emulator' commands but i didn't found a command for checking the current existing setting.

If it is not possible to check, does anybody knows how much swappy there has been set standard by Toti?

In my terminal emulator it says: [*] Swap starts (after I did a 'a2sd check') So I guess that means its working.

But i'm wondering that maybe it is necessary that i have to set the swappy settings myself manually.

Thanks guys

Edited by avenn

Guest eckengucker1
Does anybody knows if it possible to check the current swappy settings? (DTap2sd)

I know how to change them via 'terminal emulator' and I went trough all 'terminal emulator' commands but i didn't found a command for checking the current existing setting.

If it is not possible to check, does anybody knows how much swappy there has been set standard by Toti?

In my terminal emulator it says: [*] Swap starts (after I did a 'a2sd check') So I guess that means its working.

But i'm wondering that maybe it is necessary that i have to set the swappy settings myself manually.

Thanks guys

If it's running, it is running...

All others: use board search. We had already nearly every question...

Hey guys!.. my phone reboots when it reaches a certain temperature... when i'm surfing on the internet.. for intance.. so i've read richard's comment on the kernel on the firs page of this topic:

Why is my phone rebooting every so often?

This is because the kernel which is currently in the rom is 710mhz which doesnt always work for everyone so try the 691mhz kernel by going to the above link, clicking optional stuff, kernels then download the 691mhz kernel and flash it in clockwork recovery

So i was wondering, if i install the 691mhz kernel this problem will be solved? and how do i install this?

btw.. i'm using Tom G's ROM.. beta 0.40 posted on this forum..

I hope anyone can help me ;)

Guest totiadrenalin
Hey guys!.. my phone reboots when it reaches a certain temperature... when i'm surfing on the internet.. for intance.. so i've read richard's comment on the kernel on the firs page of this topic:

So i was wondering, if i install the 691mhz kernel this problem will be solved? and how do i install this?

btw.. i'm using Tom G's ROM.. beta 0.40 posted on this forum..

I hope anyone can help me ;)

If you use V7 then I did that part.

Whe the cpu temperature reach some value (47C) or so.

I'm not sure about the exact temperature.

Temperature warning.

And reboot.

And also it shutdown if the battery charge state gets lower then 7%

This are yust a little tweaks I did to save the phone.

It shouldest shutdown, but it just reboot.

My mistake!

Sorry

And the swappines was set to 30 by default.

You can check the swappy by :

cat /proc/sys/vm/swappiness

And did you guys already notice the speed of launching apps?

If you did than it's because of a script i put in the backup.

I'm sorry that I couldn't finish my full scripts, but I will when I get some more free time!

Best regards

TOTI

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest dimben1
Hello, I downloaded V7, I am very satisfied, but the only problem it is that I have apps in double(copy) and that I cannot delete(eliminate) them, sure apps cannot be replaced; can use me please,

Thank you

please

Great, thanks for the answer eckengucker1 & Toti

I should have known Toti took care of the swappiness.

My speed for launching apps did indeed increase. Thanks. Great work guys!!!

PS: My wifi works flawless on v7

Guest fenek11
Is anybody else's wifi broken on v7? I can't get it to connect. Went back to v6 and it connected straight away ;)

Me too can not connect to wifi! Please help me

Edited by fenek11

Guest Richard_Arkless
Now Richard I think that it's really the time for you to start from scratch.

ok just message antonioPT and he will add you as a contributer to git

what im planning with this rom is to have a new name so think up any names (it has to have cm in it), also I want to get the latest cm6 rom ported to the pulse and we will build off that, I have tried myself and I have failed, im not ready for rom porting ;)

maybe in the process with us building off something other than toms rom we will finally fix the camera and the wifi sleep issue

Edited by Richard_Arkless