ROM cm6 AIO v7 (based on beta 0.40)

Guest Richard_Arkless

Guest Richard_Arkless
Is this data folder in the root directory?

I did a search with Astro and it could only find that file in the system/etc/wifi folder.

I'll look again when it's recharged.

yea root is / in linux terms so go to the root then data then misc then wifi and its there

I think Ive figured out why its not working, its a permission problem, because the system creates it, that means it owner is root, not the user meaning you cant use wifi

so I should be able to fix it by creating an empty file and then set the right permissions in that location

of course its just a pheory, im not 100% sure if it fixes it because I havent had this problem

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest SavvyLogic
yea root is / in linux terms so go to the root then data then misc then wifi and its there

I think Ive figured out why its not working, its a permission problem, because the system creates it, that means it owner is root, not the user meaning you cant use wifi

so I should be able to fix it by creating an empty file and then set the right permissions in that location

of course its just a pheory, im not 100% sure if it fixes it because I havent had this problem

Richard,

The WiFi does work out of the box with your ROM, but it does not reconnect automatically after coming out of 'sleep' or 'lock' mode. Have to toggle the WiFi switch and eventually it connects.

Guest SavvyLogic
Hi just found something really cool which would be cool to put into this rom, its a replacement launcher and its called go launcher

Features

Extremely customizable

lightweight and smooth

multitasking tab under the app draw so you can switch between any running applications easily

people test it out and reply on whether I should replace adw with this or not

http://www.androidzoom.com/android_applica...ncher_ohfd.html

oh and did I forget to tell you that we can have a total of 30 HOME SCREENS!!!

'Go Launcher' would be ideal for the features you mention, but more to make it lightweight. Uninstalled Opera Mobile as it caused FCs with ADW. Miren Browser is better behaved and smoother.

Guest Richard_Arkless
Richard,

The WiFi does work out of the box with your ROM, but it does not reconnect automatically after coming out of 'sleep' or 'lock' mode. Have to toggle the WiFi switch and eventually it connects.

To fix this problem I added the blade wifi fix which when you put your phone to sleep, when you wake it back up it would disconnect then reconnect so fixes that problem

If its not working perhaps your task manager is killing the process and you will need to set it to ignore the process

I know it works as its working for me

'Go Launcher' would be ideal for the features you mention, but more to make it lightweight. Uninstalled Opera Mobile as it caused FCs with ADW. Miren Browser is better behaved and smoother.

Yes it really is cool and has a nice set of features which makes it stand out, so please try it out and get back to me on whether you think its best to have it installed by default, it is afterall a rom for the community so I have to take peoples advice into consideration

Guest scoobydoo99

I can't even cd data/misc/wifi - says can't cd to /data/misc/wifi?

In Astro file mgr, my root data folder is completely empty - probably why I can't cd to the above folder

Edited by scoobydoo99

Guest Richard_Arkless
Richard_Arkless, Tom G just put out a new beta (0.4). Are you planning to incorporate this to your rom?

Yes I am, I plan on releasing an update over the weekend

Couple of questions first, has the sound recorder and the autofocus been fixed in 0.4 or do I still need to add them to the rom

Oh and how has 710mhz been, unstable or been ok, I ask because its been fairly stable but im willing to revert back to the 691mhz kernel

Couple of questions first, has the sound recorder and the autofocus been fixed in 0.4 or do I still need to add them to the rom

Oh and how has 710mhz been, unstable or been ok, I ask because its been fairly stable but im willing to revert back to the 691mhz kernel

710 is pure awesomeness...

however I don't think that Tom put any of the hot fixes in his 0.4 release :P

Guest suriya83

for me all 3 kernels seem to work well, also with CM6 0.4

Guest SavvyLogic
To fix this problem I added the blade wifi fix which when you put your phone to sleep, when you wake it back up it would disconnect then reconnect so fixes that problem

If its not working perhaps your task manager is killing the process and you will need to set it to ignore the process

I know it works as its working for me

Yes it really is cool and has a nice set of features which makes it stand out, so please try it out and get back to me on whether you think its best to have it installed by default, it is afterall a rom for the community so I have to take peoples advice into consideration

'Go Launcher' is good and stable for 3 days now. Prefer it to ADW.

Guest Richard_Arkless
'Go Launcher' is good and stable for 3 days now. Prefer it to ADW.

ok thanks for getting back to me, do you think its ready to replace adw considering it is still only v1?

My experience with it is that its good but not ready for primary launcher

ok thanks for getting back to me, do you think its ready to replace adw considering it is still only v1?

My experience with it is that its good but not ready for primary launcher

Zeam launcher rocks small and fast but i don't think there is a system version of it ;)

Guest suriya83

i am trying it and i like it but it doesn't allow scrollable widgets yet, and sometimes doesn't react 100% smooth compared to launcherpro or adw.

but as soon at it does it will replace adw on my phone!

Guest Richard_Arkless
i am trying it and i like it but it doesn't allow scrollable widgets yet, and sometimes doesn't react 100% smooth compared to launcherpro or adw.

but as soon at it does it will replace adw on my phone!

Zeam launcher rocks small and fast but i don't think there is a system version of it ;)

Ok thanks, I guess ill hold off then but until then I guess zeam launcher will do as its just as smooth and lightweight but doesnt have as much features, is there anyway to get into contact with the dev to see if hes willing to make a system version of zeam launcher as it will be a great launcher to replace adw

Guest AntonioPT
Ok thanks, I guess ill hold off then but until then I guess zeam launcher will do as its just as smooth and lightweight but doesnt have as much features, is there anyway to get into contact with the dev to see if hes willing to make a system version of zeam launcher as it will be a great launcher to replace adw

Can't you just put the apk in /system/app ? Why do you need a "system version"?

Guest Fulcrum_X

Installed 0.30 this week, works like a charm! Really nice speed increase, compared to Stock 2.1 :P

I did found one annoying 'bug'. It looks like my headset isn't working anymore (earplugs + microphone) when calling. When I call or get called I do hear its ringing, but when I accept the call I don't hear anything and the other person isn't either. But it does work with music, and I also hear messages and the ringtone. Anyone else has this bug or knows how to fix it? Thanks in advance ;)

Edited by Fulcrum_X

Guest Richard_Arkless
Can't you just put the apk in /system/app ? Why do you need a "system version"?

Whenever I put it in system/app it will always end up crashing so just stays on a black screen so I cant access home or launch any apps

EDIT: solved it, I have to rename it to Launcher.apk for it to work, thought it would work left with the original file name like adw does lol

Changelog

r3

Based on 0.40 (Thanks for returning and saving the day tom

Removed email.apk

Added touchpal.apk (BROKEN WITH 0.40, was working in 0.30)

Replaced adw with zeam launcher, smoother app draw and switching between each workspace and lightweight

Deleted wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=180 (This supposedly fixes the wifi reconnect issue, thanks totiadrenalin)

Changed wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=15 to wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=30

Added debug.sf.hw=1 to build.prop (supposedly this improves fps as the graphics chip renders things instead of the cpu, strange I thought it was on by default)

Added ring.delay=0 and ro.telephony.Call_ring.delay=0 to build.prop (Just to make sure there isnt a ringtone dalay)

Removed the blade wifi fix as deleting wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=180 fixed the wifi reconnect issue for me

You mean that Touchpal is working or not? In the CM-thread is a flashable touchpal-zip which works with 0.4 for me.

Guest Richard_Arkless
You mean that Touchpal is working or not? In the CM-thread is a flashable touchpal-zip which works with 0.4 for me.

The .apk which I got was working when my rom was based on 0.30 but now with 0.4 it force closes, thanks for the suggestion, wheres the link to the touchpal.zip?

EDIT found it ;)