ROM cm6 AIO v7 (based on beta 0.40)

Guest Richard_Arkless

Guest Richard_Arkless

Hi guys I have released v5 as final the changes from b4 is that I replaced the honeycomb 3.0 music.apk with the miui music apps, I chose this over the default 2.2 one because this is far more visually appealing and I have readded the cmwallpapers, I was going to reduce them to about 10 but I cant decide what ones to remove

It has been uploaded to dropbox

EDIT: miui force closes, found a fix so reuploaded v5

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest Trebor Rude
Hi guys I have released v5 as final the changes from b4 is that I replaced the honeycomb 3.0 music.apk with the mimu music apps, I chose this over the default 2.2 one because this is far more visually appealing and I have readded the cmwallpapers, I was going to reduce them to about 10 but I cant decide what ones to remove

EDIT: mumi force closes, found a fix so am reuploading v5

so wait another 9 minutes

Hmm, not sure if you had made this update when I downloaded v5, so I'll do it again tomorrow. I don't have time to install it tonight anyway. Just for reference, all I should have to wipe when moving from v4 to v5 is the Dalvik cache, correct? I don't think the guide mentions that but it seems prudent. But that doesn't work in ClockworkMod recovery, as far as I know. I wonder if adb is available in recovery...

Thanks for all the work and help getting to v4, Richard!

Guest Richard_Arkless
Hmm, not sure if you had made this update when I downloaded v5, so I'll do it again tomorrow. I don't have time to install it tonight anyway. Just for reference, all I should have to wipe when moving from v4 to v5 is the Dalvik cache, correct? I don't think the guide mentions that but it seems prudent. But that doesn't work in ClockworkMod recovery, as far as I know. I wonder if adb is available in recovery...

Thanks for all the work and help getting to v4, Richard!

I didnt need to wipe dalvik cache so its up to you whether you want to or not

Guest niix2571

i just said to myself: wow, i'm bored... i know! i'll do a fresh install of CM on my phone... oh, wouldn't it be great if an update just appeared... and bam!! there it was haha B) you rule man, thanks a lot :unsure:

Guest biron_w

Downloading v5 now.

This really is a very good rom. Nice and fast! Plus A2SD works(something I can't get working with the cm6 rom.

It's just a shame ogiogi's newstyle framework doesn't work with this :unsure:

Edited by biron_w

Guest Richard_Arkless

Hi guys my next plan is to get the latest nightly from here (http://mirror.teamdouche.net/?type=nightly) of the hero cm6 rom and port it to the pulse, so far I have replaced all the apps with the latest ones and the overall size has slightly decreased (about 3mb or so which I know doesnt sound much but I feel every mb counts)

There is 2 new options under the cm settings

one is to change it from the vanilla lockscreen to the rotary one, unfortunately its not working, I predict there might be something in the framework part as that is where it keeps all its stuff (right ?) so ill look in there tomorrow

You can also change what messenger app to open when you enable the phone and messaging buttons on the lock screen

They have also added more wallpapers :unsure:

Shall I upload it as v6b1 or do you people think its a bit too soon considering its only been a couple of hours since I released final v5)

Guest arlindo.costa
Hi guys I have released v5 as final the changes from b4 is that I replaced the honeycomb 3.0 music.apk with the miui music apps, I chose this over the default 2.2 one because this is far more visually appealing and I have readded the cmwallpapers, I was going to reduce them to about 10 but I cant decide what ones to remove

EDIT: miui force closes, found a fix so reuploaded v5

Nice work Richard :unsure: B) :angry:

Great ROM

hello! i want to try this rom. this will be the first flash for my device (which is 2.1 by default (life belarus)). tell me please, do i need to make swap and ext3 with amonra, or i can flash with clockwork without this procedures?

thank you!

Guest Fusion0306
hello! i want to try this rom. this will be the first flash for my device (which is 2.1 by default (life belarus)). tell me please, do i need to make swap and ext3 with amonra, or i can flash with clockwork without this procedures?

thank you!

READ THE GUIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest sporting_exodus
Hi guys my next plan is to get the latest nightly from here (http://mirror.teamdouche.net/?type=nightly) of the hero cm6 rom and port it to the pulse, so far I have replaced all the apps with the latest ones and the overall size has slightly decreased (about 3mb or so which I know doesnt sound much but I feel every mb counts)

There is 2 new options under the cm settings

one is to change it from the vanilla lockscreen to the rotary one, unfortunately its not working, I predict there might be something in the framework part as that is where it keeps all its stuff (right ?) so ill look in there tomorrow

You can also change what messenger app to open when you enable the phone and messaging buttons on the lock screen

They have also added more wallpapers :unsure:

Shall I upload it as v6b1 or do you people think its a bit too soon considering its only been a couple of hours since I released final v5)

Superb work!! Thanks so much.

I'd upload it. There will always be the people who stick with the final releases, and those who want to chance beta's - let them choose? Might also get you some useful feedback on the developing rom...

Guest totiadrenalin
Superb work!! Thanks so much.

I'd upload it. There will always be the people who stick with the final releases, and those who want to chance beta's - let them choose? Might also get you some useful feedback on the developing rom...

Excellent work MAN!

But pleas write back the original ro.sf.lcd_density=160 instead of =140

Because the icons are so small, and the display doesn't display the text correct in some apps.

This is mdpi screen which means 320 x 480 pixels.

So the density should be 160 so the items to be displayed correctly.

Everything else is just perfect. As much I can say after few hours.

Keep the good work.

And you can release the beta with no problems.

It's never to early for testing.

:unsure:

Best regards

TOTI

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest biron_w

I'd suggest waiting til you get the unlock screen working properly and then uploading it.

Do you know how to edit frameworks? I want the newstyle for this and it appears Ogiogi has abandoned us :unsure:

Guest Richard_Arkless
I'd suggest waiting til you get the unlock screen working properly and then uploading it.

Do you know how to edit frameworks? I want the newstyle for this and it appears Ogiogi has abandoned us :unsure:

strange I just looked at that page and it says it works with cm6 0.40 roms, you sure you clicked on the right one

"New Style for CM6.2 port for Pulse 0.40"

What happens when you flash it?

Guest totiadrenalin
Is there any chance that MAC address mismatch will somehow be fixed

I know it's not affecting most of the people, but still...........

If the reason of holding that service can be fixed?

Well than changing of the mac address can be done even via the terminal.

with the command:

ip link set address XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX dev eth0

But until than it is impossible.

Guest Richard_Arkless

Hi guys im getting closer to getting the rotary lockscreen working

before when I set it in settings nothing would happen, anyway had a look in the framework-res.apk and replaced 2 files (keyguard_screen_tab_unlock and keyguard_screen_tab_unlock_land) over from the hero version of cm6 and now when I set it, it would then freeze and then show the boot screen and keeps looping I think its because it cant find the right graphics so I suspect if I copy those over as well then it should work

The problem now is that because its set a setting in data now I cant flash any rom without needing to wipe data :D, oh well (only nandroid backup was when tom released 0.3), I guess it was time to start afresh, maybe ill try out gingerbread see if I get anywhere with performance

Guest totiadrenalin
Hi guys im getting closer to getting the rotary lockscreen working

before when I set it in settings nothing would happen, anyway had a look in the framework-res.apk and replaced 2 files (keyguard_screen_tab_unlock and keyguard_screen_tab_unlock_land) over from the hero version of cm6 and now when I set it, it would then freeze and then show the boot screen and keeps looping I think its because it cant find the right graphics so I suspect if I copy those over as well then it should work

The problem now is that because its set a setting in data now I cant flash any rom without needing to wipe data :D, oh well (only nandroid backup was when tom released 0.3), I guess it was time to start afresh, maybe ill try out gingerbread see if I get anywhere with performance

I'm suggesting you to try to make a rom based on the TOM's AOSP Gingerbread rom.

But first of all find the correct OpenGL libs and replace them. That's the reason why that rom is so slow.

The HW acceleration doesn't work to.

And the camera problem is in the lib files.

Try to fix those issues and you will get pretty stable Gingerbread rom.

I wish you the best Man.

Best regards

TOTI

Guest totiadrenalin
I'm suggesting you to try to make a rom based on the TOM's AOSP Gingerbread rom.

But first of all find the correct OpenGL libs and replace them. That's the reason why that rom is so slow.

The HW acceleration doesn't work to.

And the camera problem is in the lib files.

Try to fix those issues and you will get pretty stable Gingerbread rom.

I wish you the best Man.

Best regards

TOTI

Take a look on the xda-devs forum.

I thing that they have the EGL libs for the Hero based on the gingerbread AOSP.

I'll take a look to.

If i find something interesting I'll post it here on this thread.

Guest Sebarro

Hi people I`m from uruguay so excuse my english,

now, I updated my huawei pulse to android 2.1 from original hngarian rom, an applied FLB-MOD 1.7oc following this http://foros.3dgames.com.ar/android.389/63...i-8220-6-a.html instructions and i`m going to apply your update but the thing y need to know is the size of the partitions needed on the sd-card

as i followed the refered tutorial i actually have :0mb cache - 512mb ext - and the rest for the fat extencion

Thanks and y hope you understand me.

Guest Richard_Arkless
And here it is.

AOSP based Gingerbread rom for HERO

Will you please see what you can do with this?

Right Ive put it into an update.zip and knocked up a quick updater-script and had tried it out, it was really slow so next I copied over all the files in lib/egl from the cm6.1 rom to this and no effect, BUT when I copied over copybit.msm7k.so, gralloc.default.so and gralloc.msm7k.so (one of these files, I was in a rush as I was just about to go out) over to gingerbread the speed increased to where its just about usuable, next im going to try and get the camera working and then will add things like jit, compcache and heapsize see if it increases even more

Guest Richard_Arkless
Hi people I`m from uruguay so excuse my english,

now, I updated my huawei pulse to android 2.1 from original hngarian rom, an applied FLB-MOD 1.7oc following this http://foros.3dgames.com.ar/android.389/63...i-8220-6-a.html instructions and i`m going to apply your update but the thing y need to know is the size of the partitions needed on the sd-card

as i followed the refered tutorial i actually have :0mb cache - 512mb ext - and the rest for the fat extencion

Thanks and y hope you understand me.

by cache you mean swap?, if I was you I would add 32-64mb of swap and as for ext2 partition it all depends how much your going to be installing, 256mb is fine for me

Guest Sebarro

Thanks, another question: between which points of your instalation guide should i format my sd card and change the sizes of the partition?.

Sorry for being such a stupid... i´m realy new in this.