ROM cm6 AIO v7 (based on beta 0.40)

Guest Richard_Arkless

Guest Richard_Arkless
Thanks, another question: between which points of your instalation guide should i format my sd card and change the sizes of the partition?.

Sorry for being such a stupid... i´m realy new in this.

You either boot into a linux distro like ubuntu and do it in gparted or disk utitlity or do it in rom manager which you can install from the market

Guest jeddy1
Right Ive put it into an update.zip and knocked up a quick updater-script and had tried it out, it was really slow so next I copied over all the files in lib/egl from the cm6.1 rom to this and no effect, BUT when I copied over copybit.msm7k.so, gralloc.default.so and gralloc.msm7k.so (one of these files, I was in a rush as I was just about to go out) over to gingerbread the speed increased to where its just about usuable, next im going to try and get the camera working and then will add things like jit, compcache and heapsize see if it increases even more

Richard can u see(tell us)if market is working on gingerbread because when I flashed it,it wasn't working.thanks for ur great job and everyone who help.

Guest biron_w
strange I just looked at that page and it says it works with cm6 0.40 roms, you sure you clicked on the right one

"New Style for CM6.2 port for Pulse 0.40"

What happens when you flash it?

I just got stuck in a boot loop. I'll download it again and see if it works.

*edit* after downloading again and re-flashing it worked :D

Edited by biron_w

Guest Richard_Arkless
Richard can u see(tell us)if market is working on gingerbread because when I flashed it,it wasn't working.thanks for ur great job and everyone who help.

What gapps did you flash, if you flashed the one which is in the dropbox then it wont work because its for 2.2, I think this one works http://bit.ly/gYydVN, I havent tried it however

Ill use gingerbread for a day and ill decide then to either update this thread with links to gingerbread or will create a new thread

Guest totiadrenalin
Right Ive put it into an update.zip and knocked up a quick updater-script and had tried it out, it was really slow so next I copied over all the files in lib/egl from the cm6.1 rom to this and no effect, BUT when I copied over copybit.msm7k.so, gralloc.default.so and gralloc.msm7k.so (one of these files, I was in a rush as I was just about to go out) over to gingerbread the speed increased to where its just about usuable, next im going to try and get the camera working and then will add things like jit, compcache and heapsize see if it increases even more

Thank you very much for that Man.

Just let me know if somehow I could help you more.

I'm glad that I can help people who are trying to do some Good!

Best wishes with you'r work!

Best regards

TOTI

Guest Richard_Arkless
Thank you very much for that Man.

Just let me know if somehow I could help you more.

I'm glad that I can help people who are trying to do some Good!

Best wishes with you'r work!

Best regards

TOTI

Ive tried my best trying to get the camera to work, I would have thought the libcamera.so and the other ones in system/lib of this rom will fix this problem but it doesnt it freezes on the text android screen

How did tom fix the camera in cm 6.1 because it wasnt working when we were trying to port vanilla 2.2

Apart from that Ive enabled the things I listed like jit and its faster (not as smooth as cm6 however :D ) but im finding it heavily lags when typing on the keyboard

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest totiadrenalin
What gapps did you flash, if you flashed the one which is in the dropbox then it wont work because its for 2.2, I think this one works http://bit.ly/gYydVN, I havent tried it however

Ill use gingerbread for a day and ill decide then to either update this thread with links to gingerbread or will create a new thread

I just try the Gapps from the xda thread I provide to you.

And they work's with no problems over your new cm6 based rom.

I haven't try the ginger with the same Gapps, but I think that they'll work with no problems to on the ginger.

And just to let you know that the new Market is very interesting. Google is really commendable for the market application.

Guest totiadrenalin
Ive tried my best trying to get the camera to work, I would have thought the libcamera.so and the other ones in system/lib of this rom will fix this problem but it doesnt it freezes on the text android screen

How did tom fix the camera in cm 6.1 because it wasnt working when we were trying to port vanilla 2.2

Apart from that Ive enabled the things I listed like jit and its faster (not as smooth as cm6 however :D ) but im finding it heavily lags when typing on the keyboard

Well?

Tom didn't really fix the camera. But Cyanogen did that part.

We just have to find how did they did that part?!

I'll take a look now.

Give me some minutes.

Guest jeddy1

I didnt flashed any gapps.i flashed just the market.it installed it but when i tried to get into it,it was showinng a white screen for 2 sec then back again.now i use ur rom of course:).

Guest Richard_Arkless
Well?

Tom didn't really fix the camera. But Cyanogen did that part.

We just have to find how did they did that part?!

I'll take a look now.

Give me some minutes.

If you want ill send you the dropbox link to my gingerbread rom or invite you to the folder (so you can make changes as well, 2 minds are afterall better than 1) just send me your email address

Guest totiadrenalin
I just try the Gapps from the xda thread I provide to you.

And they work's with no problems over your new cm6 based rom.

I haven't try the ginger with the same Gapps, but I think that they'll work with no problems to on the ginger.

And just to let you know that the new Market is very interesting. Google is really commendable for the market application.

I hope that this could help you.

http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/detail?id=2217

Guest Richard_Arkless
Can you provide me a logcat of the camera crashing?

I think that the problem is with the garloc

yea no problem im restoring from a 2.2 backup now, strange it says that they fixed the issue, if it is an issue with garloc then can it be fixed by copying over the files from the nightly of the hero rom

Guest totiadrenalin
Can you provide me a logcat of the camera crashing?

I think that the problem is with the garloc

Superuser permissions - easy task.

This rom is rooted by deffault so just need to flash the SU zip. or inject the files.

DT2sd?

I'm not sure.

But I think that it should work.

The only problem is the /sd-ex/ in the root directory.

Try to create that folder in the update-script.

Camera?

Well I'll take a look of that in 20mins. once the files are synced with my dropbox folder on my pc.

Guest Richard_Arkless
Superuser permissions - easy task.

This rom is rooted by deffault so just need to flash the SU zip. or inject the files.

DT2sd?

I'm not sure.

But I think that it should work.

The only problem is the /sd-ex/ in the root directory.

Try to create that folder in the update-script.

Camera?

Well I'll take a look of that in 20mins. once the files are synced with my dropbox folder on my pc.

ok thanks, ill see if dtapp2sd is possible, below is the logcat you asked for when the camera crashes after 1-3 shoots, hope you can understand it as I cant :D

logcat.txt

Guest totiadrenalin
ok thanks, ill see if dtapp2sd is possible, below is the logcat you asked for when the camera crashes after 1-3 shoots, hope you can understand it as I cant :D

D/gralloc ( 1429): allocating GPU size=495616, offset=495616

D/camera  ( 2939): Focus state: 1

D/dalvikvm( 2939): GC_EXTERNAL_ALLOC freed 3551 objects / 240552 bytes in 96ms

E/QualcommCameraHardware( 1353): setAFMode : Setting AF Mode : auto Index : 2 

D/dalvikvm( 1429): GC_EXPLICIT freed 6225 objects / 317384 bytes in 204ms

D/camera  ( 2939): Focus state: 3

I think that this might be one of the state where the cam crush.

Guest totiadrenalin

Because after that the cam doesn't start and cannot make a stable focus state

as you can see it here:

D/camera ( 2983): Focus state: 0

I/WindowManager( 1429): Setting rotation to 0, animFlags=1

I/ActivityManager( 1429): Config changed: { scale=1.0 imsi=234/30 loc=en_GB touch=3 keys=1/1/2 nav=3/1 orien=1 layout=268435474 uiMode=17 seq=9}

V/camera ( 2983): stopPreview

E/QualcommCameraHardware( 1353): WAIT FOR QCS IDLE COMPLETE IN STOP PREVIEW

I/GPSButton( 1429): Update State

E/QualcommCameraHardware( 1353): frame_thread exit passed!

D/MemoryHeapBase( 1353): munmap(fd=29, base=0x41c48000, size=131072)

E/QualcommCameraHardware( 1353): pthread_cancel succeeded on conf_thread

D/gralloc ( 1429): freeing GPU buffer at 0

D/gralloc ( 1429): freeing GPU buffer at 495616

W/ActivityManager( 1429): Activity pause timeout for HistoryRecord{450939a0 com.android.camera/.Camera}
[/codebox]

Guest Richard_Arkless
Because after that the cam doesn't start and cannot make a stable focus state

as you can see it here:

I/WindowManager( 1429): Setting rotation to 0, animFlags=1

I/ActivityManager( 1429): Config changed: { scale=1.0 imsi=234/30 loc=en_GB touch=3 keys=1/1/2 nav=3/1 orien=1 layout=268435474 uiMode=17 seq=9}

V/camera ( 2983): stopPreview

E/QualcommCameraHardware( 1353): WAIT FOR QCS IDLE COMPLETE IN STOP PREVIEW

I/GPSButton( 1429): Update State

E/QualcommCameraHardware( 1353): frame_thread exit passed!

D/MemoryHeapBase( 1353): munmap(fd=29, base=0x41c48000, size=131072)

E/QualcommCameraHardware( 1353): pthread_cancel succeeded on conf_thread

D/gralloc ( 1429): freeing GPU buffer at 0

D/gralloc ( 1429): freeing GPU buffer at 495616

W/ActivityManager( 1429): Activity pause timeout for HistoryRecord{450939a0 com.android.camera/.Camera}
[/codebox]

ok so do you think it will be fixed if I replace gralloc.msm7k.so (gralloc.default.so is the same in both roms) with the hero version which is from the cm nightlies?

Guest totiadrenalin
ok so do you think it will be fixed if I replace gralloc.msm7k.so (gralloc.default.so is the same in both roms) with the hero version which is from the cm nightlies?

Let move on the new thread i just create.

Why do we filling up this thread with stuffs that shouldn't be written here?

I just send you a message with the link.

Guest dark8899

i am using AIO v5 and have the following problem, when I enter the market and try to install an application starts the download but when it says install the phone restarts. eh tried with different applications on the market and get the same result, I am using the GAPP that is in the dropbox. if anyone can help they are grateful.

sorry if I make any mistakes in my writing but I'm using google to translate :D

Guest Richard_Arkless
i am using AIO v5 and have the following problem, when I enter the market and try to install an application starts the download but when it says install the phone restarts. eh tried with different applications on the market and get the same result, I am using the GAPP that is in the dropbox. if anyone can help they are grateful.

sorry if I make any mistakes in my writing but I'm using google to translate :D

Look at the FAQ

Why is my phone rebooting every so often?

This is because the kernel which is currently in the rom is 710mhz which doesnt always work for everyone so try the 691mhz kernel by going to the above link, clicking optional stuff, kernels then download the 691mhz kernel and flash it in clockwork recovery

Guest dark8899
Look at the FAQ

sorry I forgot to mention that also install the kernel 691 mhz and the problem still continues, also install the lcd density 160.

Guest Richard_Arkless
sorry I forgot to mention that also install the kernel 691 mhz and the problem still continues, also install the lcd density 160.

ve100 and mrand both had the same problem so they started again but this time flashed this version of gapps instead of my version http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?titl...ion/Google_Apps

so please try that out

Guest dark8899

I need to install everything from scratch or just install the new over the existing GAPP through recovery?

and what version of the gapp, Tiny MDPI Tegra HDPI ??

Edited by dark8899