FREE SIM unlock codes for Orange San Francisco and ZTE Blade

Guest Arr Too

Guest greenfinger

Joined the forum to say thank you.

:P

Update: my own calculator app (runs on the phone itself -- for people worried about IMEI security), or my own web calculator hosted here:

http://arrtoo.x10.mx/unlockBlade.php

-- Original post --

I got my unlock code from NckCodes, but it looks like this site works FOR FREE!!!!

http://www.nextgenserver.com/calculator/

Put your IMEI in, select ZTE, leave the default model as ZTE BLUEBELT, pop in the not-a-robot code. In the box above the IMEI you'll receive your code. Gave me the same code as Nckcodes sent me.

Some further instructions so you don't have to look elsewhere (and see also Paul's video below):

1. Use the dialler and enter this to see your IMEI: *#06# (don't press Call!).
  2. Get your unlock code from the site above.
  3. Double-check you used the correct IMEI number -- it's free to retry!
  4. Turn off your phone.
  5. Open the back.
  6. Remove the battery.
  7. Remove the (Orange?) SIM card.
  8. Insert a SIM card from a different operator.
  9. Replace battery.
  10. Replace back.
  11. Turn on phone.
  12. (If prompted, enter any personal [4-digit?] PIN number that you may have set on the new SIM.)
  13. Now you should be prompted to enter the 8-digit unlock code ("SIM network unlock PIN"). Do it carefully!
This free code calculator is also available at their parent site:

http://www.jictechnology.co.uk/calculator

Currently linked to by the top news item in their News section on the left of their home page: http://www.jictechnology.co.uk/

Note: if you have problems with getting a Data connection on your new SIM then you're probably running a ROM that doesn't include the APN settings for your new phone service provider. You can remedy this by adding the correct APN details manually by following the advice in this thread.

Paul's video on the unlocking process is below and

(this bit borrowed from here).

<p>

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="

?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Guest achromic

Picked up my ZTE Blade today, unlocked, rooted and modded all within half an hour. Many thanks to Arr Too for finding the unlock info :D

The ZTE sits proudly along side my Galaxy Portal and HTC Wildfire. Keep up the good work :P

Update: my own calculator app (runs on the phone itself -- for people worried about IMEI security), or my own web calculator hosted here:

http://arrtoo.x10.mx/unlockBlade.php

-- Original post --

I got my unlock code from NckCodes, but it looks like this site works FOR FREE!!!!

http://www.nextgenserver.com/calculator/

Put your IMEI in, select ZTE, leave the default model as ZTE BLUEBELT, pop in the not-a-robot code. In the box above the IMEI you'll receive your code. Gave me the same code as Nckcodes sent me.

Some further instructions so you don't have to look elsewhere (and see also Paul's video below):

1. Use the dialler and enter this to see your IMEI: *#06# (don't press Call!).
  2. Get your unlock code from the site above.
  3. Double-check you used the correct IMEI number -- it's free to retry!
  4. Turn off your phone.
  5. Open the back.
  6. Remove the battery.
  7. Remove the (Orange?) SIM card.
  8. Insert a SIM card from a different operator.
  9. Replace battery.
  10. Replace back.
  11. Turn on phone.
  12. (If prompted, enter any personal [4-digit?] PIN number that you may have set on the new SIM.)
  13. Now you should be prompted to enter the 8-digit unlock code ("SIM network unlock PIN"). Do it carefully!
This free code calculator is also available at their parent site:

http://www.jictechnology.co.uk/calculator

Currently linked to by the top news item in their News section on the left of their home page: http://www.jictechnology.co.uk/

Note: if you have problems with getting a Data connection on your new SIM then you're probably running a ROM that doesn't include the APN settings for your new phone service provider. You can remedy this by adding the correct APN details manually by following the advice in this thread.

Paul's video on the unlocking process is below and

(this bit borrowed from here).

<p>

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="

?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Guest mcmahop
thanks, also got my USB dongle unlocked as it's listed on the same page.

Sweet.

Hi,

Just so people know this still works.. I unlocked my ZTE Orange San Francisco using the nextgenserver link. It now works on Vodafone.

Arr Too, thanks for your script! My white one, which I bought in UK end of January, has been successfully unlocked! Now I enjoy to compare with my 003z and San Francisco.

Guest asimmunawar

For ZTE Blade or ZTE 003Z users in Japan. You need to change the default Phone.apk before doing the process mentioned in this thread. I have listed the steps you need to take in order to achieve this. Please visit.

http://asimmunawar.com/2011/02/run-softban...y-softbank-sim/

After doing this you will also be able to use the 003z with WhitePlan only SIMs. No need for the expensive SoftBank Data plans.

Guest ROB1951

I've got a problem. The (free) unlock code worked a treat (thanks) except my phone now thinks it's lost or stolen. If I try to do anything it pops up an alert and asks for a password but I've not got one.

Its running MoDaCo r4

I think the problem may be that I'd loaded but not configured a (free) "lost or stolen" app and unlocking has made it leap into action - maybe with a default password.

Any ideas gratefully received - and a word of caution to anyone else unlocking to check for similar apps!

Can I reload the O/S without keeping the current apps for example?

Guest guaiwujia
For ZTE Blade or ZTE 003Z users in Japan. You need to change the default Phone.apk before doing the process mentioned in this thread. I have listed the steps you need to take in order to achieve this. Please visit.

http://asimmunawar.com/2011/02/run-softban...y-softbank-sim/

After doing this you will also be able to use the 003z with WhitePlan only SIMs. No need for the expensive SoftBank Data plans.

I have tried some phone.apk from kallt_kaffe's topic. But all failed.

Now I could not input the unlock key.

Could you tell which phone.apk can support to input and unlock 003Z?

Many thanks.

I have tried some phone.apk from kallt_kaffe's topic. But all failed.

Now I could not input the unlock key.

Could you tell which phone.apk can support to input and unlock 003Z?

Many thanks.

i have got a oo3z in uk.but i don't have a vaild softbank sim card go into menu.

is it possible to unlock.

Should i change to other firmware[like orange}?than i can input the unlock code for unlock?

thanks

Guest papatangoalpha

Brilliant work arrtoo; I used yours as the captcha failed to come up on the free generator site. If this is your first foray into programming for Android, it is both original and indispensable. Thanks!

THANK U so very very much :) im new to everyyyyything here but one click to ur 'calculator' and i got my SF unlocked for free! thx again!

hmmm now i need to learn how to de-brand and root and whatever other weird terms i shud do to my new white SF, wish me luck :huh:

Guest hc_1540

Woohoo, first post!!!!

Got the unlock code (thank you very much) to use a giffgaff sim in my SanFran but it wasn't needed. Looks like my phone was already unlocked. Anybody else found this???

Guest Coyote74

Hi, one question. I'm going to buy a zte Blade by Bouygues Telecom France, but i need to use an italian sim onboard this terminal. Do you know if it's possible to unlock it with the Modaco code generator?

Thanks a lot.

Guest GeneralZod

I recently bought an Orange SF and followed the guide on orangesanfranciso.co.uk to install jellyfish. I then download the Blade Unlock apk and got my 8 digit code. I turned the phone off, took out battery, and put in a vodafone sim.

Turned it back on. I get a "connection cannot be made" message however it doesn't ask me for a 8 digit code. I press OK and it just starts working fine (on vodafone)... is this normal?

Guest Coyote74

One more question... Have I to unlock sims every time i change them?

Example, i have got two different sims (locked) and i need to switch between them every day. All the times have i to insert an unlock code?

Edited by Coyote74

Guest Arr Too
I recently bought an Orange SF and followed the guide on orangesanfranciso.co.uk to install jellyfish.

Jellyfish (and most/all 2.2 ROMs) have hacks that mean you shouldn't need to unlock your phone. But it's usually best to unlock first using the standard ROM. There's also the issue of handset activation which Orange need to do on certain phones (bought online, for example), which again is probably easiest to let happen on the ROM your phone came with (and the SIM card!).

Once you've unlocked your phone, it should remain that way. However, you can trick it into thinking it's relocked using the app (linked in the first post in this thread).