FREE SIM unlock codes for Orange San Francisco and ZTE Blade

Guest Arr Too

Guest steviem

OK, This is odd, I put my IMEI into the calculator, got the unlock code ready, Pulled the battery on my clockworkmod/froyo Alpha 3'd Blade, put in an O2 SIM and it started up with no prompts for unlock code or anything. I bought it from the Orange shop in Harlow, could it mean that it isn't actually new and someone else has unlocked it? Or has my meddling beforehand already unlocked it?

Guest Phoenix Silver
OK, This is odd, I put my IMEI into the calculator, got the unlock code ready, Pulled the battery on my clockworkmod/froyo Alpha 3'd Blade, put in an O2 SIM and it started up with no prompts for unlock code or anything. I bought it from the Orange shop in Harlow, could it mean that it isn't actually new and someone else has unlocked it? Or has my meddling beforehand already unlocked it?

no

custom froyo roms makes the phone unlocked

(confirmed new sim in the phone and no problem of lock)

Guest Arr Too
Pulled the battery on my clockworkmod/froyo Alpha 3'd Blade, put in an O2 SIM and it started up with no prompts for unlock code or anything.

Some ROMs (including the Froyo ones) don't check the network lock, but your phone remains locked to Orange for most other ROMs. In fact, the "subscriber" is part of the ROM, I think, so if you load the SAPO ROM (from Portugal) with your Orange SIM in it will complain and want you to put the network unlock code in (because it's expecting a TMN SIM). To unlock your phone permanently you need to get this prompt and enter the code -- usually this happens when you try to use a non-Orange SIM on the normal UK 2.1 (Eclair) ROM (or a ROM based on that).

Edited by Arr Too

I'm buying mine today but I just have a few quick question.

It's probably been stated already but ...

1. I have to buy it with £10 orange credit, is it ok if I use the phone with an orange sim, use up the £10 and then unlock? Or should I unlock and then use the orange sim, I'm scared that if I use the orange sim I'll be locked into orange, when I have a giffgaff sim here.

2. I've heard that you can "brick" the phone if the code is wrong, do you get multiple tries or if you press the wrong code that's it.

Sorry for the stupid questions, my first smart phone and I'm very clueless when it comes to phones in general.

Guest Arr Too

1. That's the recommended thing to do, actually. Get it all working with Orange (including the initial settings/configuration they seem to do via a text message). Then unlock at your leisure.

2. I don't know if anyone knows what happens if you run out of chances to get the code right. Just do it carefully and you'll be OK. (I'm working on a way to reset the count, but it shouldn't be needed.)

Guest Alien*46*UK

Unlocked a treat.

Bought a SF months ago and never used it ... Now its going to come into use as my Desire HD goes back for repairs after only a month nd a half! ...

Although even though I unlocked I may have to Root and ROM it though. Dont think I cope with the Orange software ... Thank god they didn't touch the D-HD.

Guest cartierv

Right. Works fine. Just afterwards it won't auto log into your Google account anymore, it says "wrong password or your account has changed"

Presumably the Google account was linked to the Orange number/SIM

What's the plan here ? Do I need to create a new Google account ?

Thanks

EDIT: Ok seems ok, you just have to re enter google password

Edited by cartierv

Guest Arr Too

Whenever you change the SIM the Google stuff will want you to revalidate your account by entering the password. Just launch a Google app and it should prompt you. I expect this is standard Android security behaviour and not specific to the Blade.

I recently bought myself a white San Francisco when Orange had their extra 15% off after tracking it for months.It arrived yesterday and used the unlock code which worked a treat.

I just need to get all that Orange bloatware off and get myself a decent sim only plan,hopefully T-Mobile will run their £7.50 offer again.

Will have a little browse over the forum and see what I can do :)

Thanks to OP for posting link.

Unlocked my wife's San Fran using the web url in the main post. Worked fine. Many thanks. Wish this option was available when I got my own one a few months back. :(

Guest SeanMc
Unlocked my wife's San Fran using the web url in the main post. Worked fine. Many thanks. Wish this option was available when I got my own one a few months back. :unsure:

Just to clarify - that should have read the url for Arr Too's hosted web calulator - http://arrtoo.x10.mx/unlockBlade.php.

Forgot to mention also - the wife's phone was a White TFT San Fran. Again, Thanks.

Guest GeorgeBrooksy

Haha I thought i'd just try and put my old phones T-Mobile SIM card in forgot all about them teaming up so I didnt even had to enter the code :unsure: