FREE SIM unlock codes for Orange San Francisco and ZTE Blade

Guest Arr Too

The code worked great for me and I've been on giffgaff for a couple of weeks now.

I just wondered though, is my phone unlocked to all networks now or only giffgaff? So for example, if I put in a t-mobile sim will I need to re-input the code or once unlocked with one sim it's unlocked for all?

Guest Arr Too
I just wondered though, is my phone unlocked to all networks now or only giffgaff?

Unlocked to all networks. Although you'll obviously need to find internet and MMS settings (APNs) for other providers (or use a ROM that has loads preset).

Thanks for your help, Arr Too.

I have gotten the root rights of my 003z to use the universalandroot, and replace the Phone.apk to the linked one.

But, nothing in difference before happens. I don't know why. My file transfer seems no problem, because I succeeded to make my camera silent with the replacement of a sound file.

Anyway, my phone with a other sim comes the clock screen with two slide buttons for lock and sound, but the antenna icon shows no bar and the name of phone carrier doesn't appear, only shows (No service). Then slide to unlock, the screen shows the error 'The USIM is unusable in this terminal. Please insert usable USIM' with the button of emergency call.

Guest Arr Too
Then slide to unlock, the screen shows the error 'The USIM is unusable in this terminal. Please insert usable USIM' with the button of emergency call.

I think I linked to the wrong one! Try this one, or else just extract the one from kallt_kaffe's latest Japanese Jellyfish ROM.

Guest departing

I tried using this and it keeps saying the IMEI is incorrect. and it's the one from dialling *#06# and the one on the side of the phone box. Whats gone wrong?

Guest Arr Too
I tried using this and it keeps saying the IMEI is incorrect.

The NextGen server or my version? Maybe try the app instead, since it will get the IMEI automatically. (All links in the first post.)

Arr Too, thank you so much for your help!

I have finally succeeded to unlock my 003z with the replacement of the Phone.apk! The thread of the Japanese Jellyfish ROM is very nice, so I will unlock some restrictions in my phone along with the thread.

Thanks again!!

Edited by mc6803

Guest firestarter03

Hey, just wondering, is it always best to unlock the phone on the stock orange ROM before flashing a new one? I plan on putting JJ or FLB 2.2 (can't decide which) on mine but might use a different network sim later. I heard that some ROMs unlock the phone anyway, is that correct?

Guest Arr Too
Hey, just wondering, is it always best to unlock the phone on the stock orange ROM before flashing a new one?

Normal recommendation for UK people is to let the phone register itself on the network and activate with the Orange SIM. Once you've received and read the special text messages you can think about using a different SIM.

I heard that some ROMs unlock the phone anyway, is that correct?

There are quite a few ROMs that don't bother with checking of the network lock (they don't actually unlock the phone).

Guest Arr Too
I'm not getting a SIM unlock prompt. I've got my Giffgaff SIM in the phone - could it be a faulty SIM?

If you get a signal OK then it's more likely that you're using a ROM that doesn't check the network lock (i.e. not the standard Orange 2.1 ROM).

If you get a signal OK then it's more likely that you're using a ROM that doesn't check the network lock (i.e. not the standard Orange 2.1 ROM).

Never mind; it's working fine now. :lol:

I just found something that made me inwardly LOL: http://is.gd/ptrN1i

Good old Orange, eh?

Heh, just read that you'll "have your code within 14 days". I wonder how many people they've swindled using this ploy?

Does it work in every country? I'm from Hungary and I tried to unlock my phone, but it didnt work for me :) it is a SE Xperia X8 brought at a T-mobile shop and i want to use with a vodafone card. or something else can be the problem? Im not an expert and furthermore a blonde girl, so that explains a lot of things :lol:

Guest gambieter
Does it work in every country? I'm from Hungary and I tried to unlock my phone, but it didnt work for me :) it is a SE Xperia X8 brought at a T-mobile shop and i want to use with a vodafone card. or something else can be the problem? Im not an expert and furthermore a blonde girl, so that explains a lot of things :)

This is a forum for the ZTE Blade. Of course it won't work for a SE Experia, as this is not a ZTE Blade...

Only solution: dye your hair :lol:

This is a forum for the ZTE Blade. Of course it won't work for a SE Experia, as this is not a ZTE Blade...

Only solution: dye your hair :lol:

oh.. f@ck. thanks, btw :)

Guest Alan Edwards
Normal recommendation for UK people is to let the phone register itself on the network and activate with the Orange SIM. Once you've received and read the special text messages you can think about using a different SIM.

I think I got a dodgy SIM with my San Francisco, it wouldn't register with Orange. I went through the unlock process anyway, it's now on O2.

I've now got to decide whether to put up with the Orange crapware or risk bricking it putting a new ROM on...

Only had it an hour or so, but so far I'm liking it.

Alan.

Guest Alan Edwards
Only had it an hour or so, but so far I'm liking it.

Having played with it a while longer, I've decided Android and the San Francisco is a piece of junk.

The camera is a waste of space.

The accuracy of the touch screen is shocking.

The App store can't download anything

The VPN client doesn't work, and even if it did it doesn't store the password only the user name. It's possible it needs a cellular data connection, I was using wifi, but the only time I need a VPN is on other peoples wireless networks.

Ah well, at least I found out before I wasted £400 on an Android tablet.

Guest gambieter
Having played with it a while longer, I've decided Android and the San Francisco is a piece of junk.

The camera is a waste of space.

The accuracy of the touch screen is shocking.

The App store can't download anything

The VPN client doesn't work, and even if it did it doesn't store the password only the user name. It's possible it needs a cellular data connection, I was using wifi, but the only time I need a VPN is on other peoples wireless networks.

Ah well, at least I found out before I wasted £400 on an Android tablet.

Wrong topic for this, but your conclusions are not based on anything; this seems to be a user error, at least with regard to the conclusion. One phone, a new user and Android is junk?