[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest The Soup Thief

Right - got the FM radio working!

Bit of a shaky workaround but it works

SWOriginal posted here, yesterday, that the radio works and stays working beyond a few seconds if it is playing concurrently with an MP3

This has the obvious disadvantage that you can't hear the radio over the sound of your mp3

Easy answer is to use an MP3 of silence!

You can download one from Burninwave.com

Save this 60 minutes of pure nothing to your phone

When you want to use the radio,

1 Turn the Android radio on and tune in. You'll get 2 seconds of people talking about Ireland's debt crisis or somesuch then it'll all go quiet as the radio app freezes

2 Go to the music player of your choice and play this mp3 file - doing so will kickstart the radio and it's all good

Don't go near FM radio again or it will stop - your phone is in an unstable equilibrium (as per Ireland's finances)

Leave well alone and it'll all be good for an hour, at which point you'll need to start the mp3 up again to get back to the radio you're listening to

All done :rolleyes:

That'll keep me happy til some bright spark comes up with a better fix

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest southpaw1
I keep getting Process.Android.Acore stopped unexpectedly. and keeps popping up when I go into the dialer. Going back to 2.1 now as I have no working phone. I will be waiting for the newer releases :rolleyes:

i too had this issue . however a factory reset and re flash the rom cured it . now using this full time . find it much snappier than sebs deoranged one .

Hi guys...help needed,just updated to this rom and have an issue..I was stuck on the white ZTE screen which is intermittently flashing....then I went into clockwork recovery mode and reinstalled the previous rom and now this is stuck on the android text logo...any ideas please

Guest Teh H4rRy
Hi guys...help needed,just updated to this rom and have an issue..I was stuck on the white ZTE screen which is intermittently flashing....then I went into clockwork recovery mode and reinstalled the previous rom and now this is stuck on the android text logo...any ideas please

Ah yes the boot screen loop of doom, The only fix I have found for this is clearing cache and data. Reboots fine after that, just the arse of rebuilding your phone B)

Ok...some progress,just reloaded the stock Orange rom and I'm back in business..now for a retry of Froyo...just one thing guys,in clockwork recovery when I have the option to wipe the cache..it comes up as wipe cache partition..is this the right option? and then wipe data/factory reset?

Guest leetron1

You need specifically to clear/format your EXT partition>>

Guest robot1000
Sorted with Froyo guys..thanks for the quick replys,just waiting now for google sign in with 3G.

cheers..

Jim

If it takes more then 10 seconds, restart the phone and skip the welcome screens. Go into settings and enable all the sync options.

This seems to be a common issue (easily resolvable) with this ROM

Guest Arr Too

Wow! This 2.2 ROM is really coming on. Only thing that I use that doesn't work is Wikitude (refuses to know where I am so won't start) -- everything else is happy (Maps, c:geo, Compass, GPS Status).

Guest androidswillkillusall

hi just wanna say thanks fibblesan! just downloaded and installed the rom. nothing wrong with it so far, yet to experience bad battery life.

well done!

Guest ezablade

OK, flashed no problem, booted first time and no loops... result.

Had a few teething problems.

Google talk wouldn't sign in, found a simple solution, uninstalled it.. no more errors. Simples.

Titanium Backup was a pain. Constantly hanging every few apps restored. Had to manually restore each app, force closing every 4 or 5 apps. Got there in the end.

GPS... wi-fi location worked fine, but, like everyone else, no GPS really working. Opened GPS Status, showed 1 satellite. Cleared out the GPS data and rebooted. Now showing 8 satellites and Google Navigation is working instantly. Rebooted again... 0 satellites and nothing gps working..

Back to 2.1 it is... GPS is a deal breaker... shame, liked the rotate the other direction

Guest lankyfatrick
- Network shows as O2 despite being a Tesco Mobile SIM

- Google Maps thinks I am in the Yorkshire Dales (currently I'm in Antrim, NI)

I was getting the same looking for directions from City Hall in Belfast, and took me a bit to notice as I lived in Sheffield last year!

Getting the o2 quirk too.

Guest domenico lamberti

hey , if i send you my san francisco could you do this for me, tbecuase im abit of a n00b , i already rooted using androot but thats it , and your experienced , i dont really want to ruin my phone , but id love froyo , email me , im not joking im serious

Guest dadashi
hey , if i send you my san francisco could you do this for me, tbecuase im abit of a n00b , i already rooted using androot but thats it , and your experienced , i dont really want to ruin my phone , but id love froyo , email me , im not joking im serious

the froyo is not completely ironed out yet, wait a couple of weeks for a better rom...

GPS on mine locates me a couple of hundred metres away from here, which in the scheme of things ain't so bad - half-a-Sweden strikes me as a pretty big error margin ;)

Interesting thing I just noticed on the browser - maybe this was the case in the stock browser on 2.1 or maybe it's referred to elsewhere and i've missed it, but i noticed initially web pages are zoomed out to the maximum (so you see the whole page). Just double tapping zooms in straight away to a readable level. That's neat :)

Yeah, a pretty big margin ... :P

The browser works like that by stock (at least for 2.2) as well. You should be able to custom initial zoom level in settings. Also, tapping text should center it. :)

Nah, my GPS work fine aswell, and i did a full whipe before flashing.

Do you have a trick for getting it working or were you just lucky?

To sum up, it seems the only major issues with this ROM is the GPS (for some/most?) and the dialer using sensors just about all the time, draining battery. Waiting for a fix!

By the way, the red notification light (as while charging) is on on my phone, both when screen is locked and unlocked ... -.-