[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest reluctant_traveller

I keep being nagged by my wife, so did a little research.

I re-flashed the stock orange v08 ROM and checked out the Gmail app.

It is apparently V130, this version has pinch to zoom built in, which is an extremely useful feature as we all know as it is oh so tiresome to keep scrolling to read.

Re-flashed FLB-Froyo G2, and the version of gmail is 2.3.2 and does not have pinch to zoom ;)

Why would a newer version remove this feature? I cannot immediately see a way to turn it back on.

Am I right in thinking an eclair app will not run as well on froyo?

Edited by reluctant_traveller

Guest Shad555
Just tried this and it let me select and save any of the other alarm sounds.

Just tried again and I can now select other alarm sounds in the clock app and other alarm apps.

Guest Phil001
Just tried again and I can now select other alarm sounds in the clock app and other alarm apps.

Did you have the phone on silent before?

Been tricked by that in the past!

I'm not happy with the contacts app myself so I'll look at resolving this. The contact photo bug has been around for a while. I 'think' it's caused by the border image so I'll look at trying to reduce the size of it.

I think you're right about the border image causing the photo bug etc. When I first installed Seb's Froyo ROM the contact photos were fine and also my contact shortcuts had a nice grey frame around them. Now with this ROM they have no border and the photos are stretched. When I applied the Gingerbread theme to Seb's ROM I got the same effect, so could be a theme issue.

Cheers.. ;)

Guest Simon O
Not sure if it is network or ROM related but i can no longer send MMS on T-Mobile UK with r7 (patched to r7a)

In the messaging app press menu then settings. Scroll down to Extra settings and fine Custom User-Agent. Change it from default to any of the others. Nokia N95 usually works best.

Wow love this ROM, thx for the great effort!

A couple of days ago I flashed to r6 and was amazed how fast & smooth everything worked.

Yesterday I updated to r7 (without wiping) and gingerbreadthemepack & the phone became noticeably more sluggish (Angrybirds quite a bit slower) and market crashed everytime. Didn't want to wipe so I reverted back to r6, which is the way I left it - feels just great.

So is there a way to get r7(a) to work like everyone else has said much quicker than r6? Will a wipe do the job, or is there something else not right with my blade?

Maybe staying with r6 until and waiting for r8 is better (if updateable without wiping)?

With my first touchphone in for 4 days now, I tremendeously enjoy the Android experience and especially the experimenting, which does not even take too much effort to get into ;)

Guest yggdrasil31

After wiping cache and data, and installing r7a over the r7, i've no more problems with the "reboot" item (phones was hanging). It launches the boot app without problems

The android market is also now working.

So r7a is almost perfect. Battery life has expanded a lot since r6

i've found an android process crash in the contact application, when using the "merge contact " function described in the facebook contact guide that was previously on the first page of this topics

i've a facebook, a skype and a gmail account configured and synchronized.

does anyone manage to reproduce this crash ?

Guest targetbsp
3. I installed Titanium Backup after flashing to restore a couple of apps, but it seemed to randomly freeze whilst in the middle of either restoring or deleting apps (the progress circle would just keep going round). I had already rebooted. However closing it with Task Manager and trying again would sort it, then it would hang up again. After a few reboots though, it seems to have sorted itself out now. Weird! You seen this before?

Are you using the free version of Titanium? if so... see here: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...s-worth-buying/

Guest Simon O
After wiping cache and data, and installing r7a over the r7, i've no more problems with the "reboot" item (phones was hanging). It launches the boot app without problems

The android market is also now working.

So r7a is almost perfect. Battery life has expanded a lot since r6

i've found an android process crash in the contact application, when using the "merge contact " function described in the facebook contact guide that was previously on the first page of this topics

i've a facebook, a skype and a gmail account configured and synchronized.

does anyone manage to reproduce this crash ?

Please try this newer Contacts.apk

flb_froyo_blade_r7a_contacts.zip

Flash in recovery then boot the phone. Try joining the contacts again please.

Guest JohnDevol

Not sure if this issue is ROM related. I'm having an issue with GMail where if I delete a message from the browser on my PC, the change syncs through to my phone as it should but, if I delete a message on my phone, the message is retained in Webmail and I need to delete it from there manually. I'm currently using r7a and have applied the recent email and contact fixes.

Guest Movisman
Not sure if this issue is ROM related. I'm having an issue with GMail where if I delete a message from the browser on my PC, the change syncs through to my phone as it should but, if I delete a message on my phone, the message is retained in Webmail and I need to delete it from there manually. I'm currently using r7a and have applied the recent email and contact fixes.

Hi,

I just checked this on my phone. I deleted an email from the phone and it successfully synced up with the browser on the PC a few moments later - so it seems ok for me.

Cheers

Guest JohnDevol
Hi,

I just checked this on my phone. I deleted an email from the phone and it successfully synced up with the browser on the PC a few moments later - so it seems ok for me.

Cheers

Thanks for checking. I'll try to find a way to reset the account without doing a factory reset.

Update: Got it working. Cleared the GMail data from Settings/Applications/Manage Applications and re-synced. Now a happy chappy.

Edited by JohnDevol

Guest Baggy Pipes

Excellent ROM Flib. Thanks for all your time and effort.

Also love the inclusion of giffgaff operator logo and APN settings.

One query. I've been running Seb404's 0.3 version of Froyo.

Now that I've changed over to this one I find that there is no option within Message - Settings to have a vibrate notification on receiving a new message.

I had this option in both 2.1 and Seb404's 2.2.

I've even installed the 'Sound Manager' App and put the Vibration Settings to ' Vibrate Whenever Possible' to no avail.

Anyone else find that they can't allow text vibrate in silent mode?

(Sorry if this has already been asked/solved, couldn't find it in search).

Edited by Baggy Pipes

Guest Chris_M

Thanks for the ROM Flibble - it's nice and stable for me so far, and I like the Gingerbread theme.

One thing I've noticed on R7a is that when I view my battery use (Menu / Settings / About phone / Battery use), Android System always shows up at between 80 and 100%.

This was also an issue on FLB R6a. As a comparison, I tried loading Seb's de-crossed ROM, and the battery stats were back to normal (roughly 30% Cell Standby, 30% Phone Idle and 5% Android System).

Does this mean something in Android System is eating my battery? Battery life seems okay-ish so far, but nowhere near as good as de-crossed.....

Guest Simon O
Excellent ROM Flib. Thanks for all your time and effort.

Also love the inclusion of giffgaff operator logo and APN settings.

One query. I've been running Seb404's 0.3 version of Froyo.

Now that I've changed over to this one I find that there is no option within Message - Settings to have a vibrate notification on receiving a new message.

I had this option in both 2.1 and Seb404's 2.2.

I've even installed the 'Sound Manager' App and put the Vibration Settings to ' Vibrate Whenever Possible' to no avail.

Anyone else find that they can't allow text vibrate in silent mode?

(Sorry if this has already been asked/solved, couldn't find it in search).

Hm. I'll look at that.

Guest Simon O

I'm making a note of these requests and bugs and I'll start work on them later tonight. At the moment I'm fixing the airplane mode text on the lock screen.

Hi i have one question:

in messages used to be those cute android pictures ( and sometimes they were normal, sometimes on their head and so on ) for you and the one you are messaging to, but with this rom, that android picture only gets the person you are talking to and not me. for me there is only gray square ?

Guest livingdead

anyone else with a problem with titanium backup? i can't seem to open mine though i have rebooted my phone a few times.

other than that, this is an awesome ROM! well done!! ;)