[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest Simon O
Everything would be perfect, if you could deliver a TPT-Version of your ROM.

Is that on your timeline anywhere soon, flibblesan?

THANKS A LOT!

Yes, TPT version coming by the end of this week. I'm looking to release r8 soon due to the amount of fixes I'm doing. r7 users will be able to upgrade without any problems.

So far I've done:

android.policy.jar - fixes airplane mode on lockscreen, sim lock messages etc

Contacts.apk - correct images instead of the strange out of place droid faces

Email.apk - updated to 2.2.2, fully working

I've also updated more system apps to Android 2.2.2 with all available translations from AOSP.

Most of the issues mentioned so far have been resolved. Still got some work to do though.

Yes, TPT version coming by the end of this week. I'm looking to release r8 soon due to the amount of fixes I'm doing. r7 users will be able to upgrade without any problems.

So far I've done:

I've also updated more system apps to Android 2.2.2 with all available translations from AOSP.

Most of the issues mentioned so far have been resolved. Still got some work to do though.

Nice! Flibblesan is back! ;) Waiting for the R8.

Guest Movisman
The Facebook issue I suspect is caused by having all contacts synced to your phone. The messaging app by design doesn't have an easy way to select multiple contacts.

Hi Flibblesan,

Thanks for the response. I thought that might be the case with the SMS app, however with the Facebook issue I do have 'sync with existing contacts' and it still happens. For sure if 'all contacts' are selected it would be expected behaviour, but not if you sync 'existing contacts' only? Does it happen for you, or is there something I need to clear out perhaps?

I have tried turning facebook sync off, rebooting, and re-enabling 'sync existing contacts' again. Once synced it still displays all contacts (both google and facebook) in the SMS app unfortunately when adding a recipient. The contacts app displays properly though.

Thanks

Guest Simon O
Hi Flibblesan,

Thanks for the response. I thought that might be the case with the SMS app, however with the Facebook issue I do have 'sync with existing contacts' and it still happens. For sure if 'all contacts' are selected it would be expected behaviour, but not if you sync 'existing contacts' only? Does it happen for you, or is there something I need to clear out perhaps?

I have tried turning facebook sync off, rebooting, and re-enabling 'sync existing contacts' again. Once synced it still displays all contacts (both google and facebook) in the SMS app unfortunately when adding a recipient. The contacts app displays properly though.

Thanks

I've tested this myself and messaging is only showing me contacts with phones when adding to the message.

Try singing out of facebook then clearing the facebook settings and contact settings from Settings > Applications > Manage > All. Then reboot and sync your main contacts, then add facebook again.

Guest Simon O
Yes, i wanted to say that, too!

Where is your Donate Button?

I did have one but had major issues with PayPal which resulted in my account being closed.. so I'm stuck without one sorry ;)

So far I've done:

Thank you so much for your continued work. You should definitely have a donate button ;)

EDIT: shame about paypal, could you do some kind of Google Checkout Donate button?

Edited by Mit321

Ok here is my noticed bug to add to the mix ;)

My contacts app on previous 2.2 roms had when you edit a contact; a section at the bottom called 'more'

The toggle icon to open up 'more' is now an angry android icon and the section for adding a birthday has vanished.

Birthday entries have however now appeared in the actual contact card (below email address), which I love, but can't edit it :D

Anyone else use Birthdays and noticed this?

I just tried a full reset and avoided the Gingerbread theme this time. rebooted then tried the contacts update - still seeing the angry android next to 'more' and the birthday entry missing. Saying this, the birthday entry was never there for me with 2.1 so I have not lost too much. Be still nice to know what's causing it.

I noticed Touchpal has come back too, was that intended? I'm tempted to remove it cos it really does not work properly ;)

Guest PeterDreher
Thank you so much for your continued work. You should definitely have a donate button ;)

EDIT: shame about paypal, could you do some kind of Google Checkout Donate button?

You are right.

flibblesan, please check this for donations:

http://checkout.google.com/seller/npo/

Or

http://www.screw-paypal.com/alternatives/a...ecommended.html

Fantastic effort as always Fibblesan; thank you for all your hard work and patience with queries on here.

Your ROM is as smooth as silk and has even made Reckless Racing playable!! I must say that the battery life is also excellent and I am getting longer off one charge than I ever have done since I got my SF.

No problems to report per se (the reboot issue has already been highlighted by other users on here)... more a request for advice...

I don't seem to be able to get Twitter to integrate with my contacts so that when I click on a photo in contacts the "t" appears in the pop-up bubble. Likewise, none of the Twitter ID pics merge into Android contacts. Is this a 2.2 issue as I noticed this problem when I gave JJ7 a try too.

Also, I know you have purposely disabled "Wake with Menu Button", but I would like to enable it on my phone so I was wondering how you go about doing so??

thanks again for a great ROM.

Guest Len Ash
Also, I know you have purposely disabled "Wake with Menu Button", but I would like to enable it on my phone so I was wondering how you go about doing so??

Only as an add on option, if at all, please... this is a really painful feature for some....

Guest Movisman
I've tested this myself and messaging is only showing me contacts with phones when adding to the message.

Try singing out of facebook then clearing the facebook settings and contact settings from Settings > Applications > Manage > All. Then reboot and sync your main contacts, then add facebook again.

Hi Flibblesan,

Thanks for the help with this. I have tried the above steps, but still have the same issue.

Just to clarify my messaging app only shows me contacts with phones too (like you say above) - but it also shows me facebook contacts who have mobile numbers, but these people are not in my existing google contacts so it shouldn't be showing them (as sync with existing contacts is enabled). Does that make any sense?

Many Thanks

Edited by Movisman

Guest Jai Cee

Again this is an excellent ROM, good speed, good battery life and good looks.

About the only odd thing I've noticed is that GPS locks seem to take a little longer than I would expect with A-GPS enabled. With the stock ROM and JJ7 I was getting locks within about 10 seconds whereas now it can take a minute or much longer if moving. Is there any way I can check that this is working properly?

Guest madboffin

Dear Flibblesan,

An observation and a request,

I was unable to edit the APN lists and had to use an APN application to delete and recreate the necessary APN.

Could you please make the reboot option in the "Phone options" an add-on when you produce your next release/update zips. Having it as standard has caused a little confusion to non-power users as I mentioned in an earlier post.

Battery life in 7a seems a LOT better than 6a !

Thanks for a super ROM !

Madboffin

Guest Simon O

Facebook / messaging issue. Not 100% sure if this is resolved but I'll test it tomorrow some more

Twitter sync: Updated ContactsProvider.apk and added the code that allows sync with third party apps like Twitter/Facebook etc. So far it seems to work fine.

Wake with Menu button: use Apk_Manager to decompile framework-res.apk then edit /res/values/bool.xml to change wake on menu from false to true. Compile framework, sign with platform keys and push to the phone. If this is too difficult I'll work something out

Reboot option gone from the phone options due to the new android.policy.jar I'm using. I'm going to get some assistance from 0x90 to make this optional via his mod

The Settings.apk from 2.2.2 which I've compiled allows editing of the APN information and saves without any problems.

One more thing.. those of you that have been using the Email app may have noticed that the icons are a bit wrong. Turns out they've been like this on all 2.2 roms and even some other devices have the wrong images. I've fixed this manually so now the icons correspond with the options.

Still got some more work to do but I'll call it a night now. I've been working on this since 6am so it's probably time I stop for now. If all goes well I'll have r8 out by the weekend.

Guest Movisman
Facebook / messaging issue. Not 100% sure if this is resolved but I'll test it tomorrow some more

Twitter sync: Updated ContactsProvider.apk and added the code that allows sync with third party apps like Twitter/Facebook etc. So far it seems to work fine.

Wake with Menu button: use Apk_Manager to decompile framework-res.apk then edit /res/values/bool.xml to change wake on menu from false to true. Compile framework, sign with platform keys and push to the phone. If this is too difficult I'll work something out

Reboot option gone from the phone options due to the new android.policy.jar I'm using. I'm going to get some assistance from 0x90 to make this optional via his mod

The Settings.apk from 2.2.2 which I've compiled allows editing of the APN information and saves without any problems.

One more thing.. those of you that have been using the Email app may have noticed that the icons are a bit wrong. Turns out they've been like this on all 2.2 roms and even some other devices have the wrong images. I've fixed this manually so now the icons correspond with the options.

Still got some more work to do but I'll call it a night now. I've been working on this since 6am so it's probably time I stop for now. If all goes well I'll have r8 out by the weekend.

Great work Flibblesan. Thanks for looking into the Facebook / Messaging issue. Go and enjoy some sleep!!

Cheers

I know we keep saying it but we really do appreciate all your hard work! ;)

The speed of updates is really so good ;)

Guest Kazz_uk
I'm looking to release r8 soon due to the amount of fixes I'm doing. r7 users will be able to upgrade without any problems.

Brilliant, thanks for all the hard work ;) .

Thanks for the detailed response Fibblesan and great to hear you are making good progress with your ROM. Good news also that the Twitter Contacts sync is now working!!

As for the "Wake On Menu Button"... it would seem some people don't like it so perhaps its best to do a straw poll on whether its worth including or not... plus it sounds like a lot of effort to change such a small thing.

Keep up the good work at your own pace.

Thanks again.

As a totally unrelated aside - I must say I am loving the web based Android Market; so much easier to browse! And the way it pushes to phone is really one in the eye for Apple and its dependence on cables (unless you are jail broken).

Guest x.balli.x
F

i don't know what is going wrong, decompiled using Apk manager 4.9 and also with apk tool , decomplied fine, edited the bools.xml recompiled the apk and it went fine but stuck in bootloop , what you mean platform key? testsign? tried that still not working tried the signing option from apk manager still no luck, getting the same problem with apk tool......am just pushing the framework

Edit : after lots of tries i gave up, pushed the old framework back ,restarted the phone , working fine

wierd thing is menu to wakeup is working now ;)

thanks Fib for the help, my only issue left with R7 is the sim lock one, got your msg on twitter thanks for the reply

Edited by x.balli.x

Guest Rotmann
Fibblesama.

Thank you for this rom and all the support you have put into it, I used to use JJ8 but after thinking of changing rom because of battery drainage I decided i'd try yours and I am very glad I did! the battery is crazy good in comparison and not only that but it's also much faster than JJ in many ways, thanks again.

Now that's odd, you always argued how good JJ's battery life is ;) and always said JJ is the fastest.

Nice work!

Removed the apps you suggested and it all went fine, added Gingerbread (circle battery) theme and apps from my backup.

Running very smooth.. Thanks!

just needs... Overclocking ;)

Please no OC, look at the battery problems of JJ.

Is it possible to change default rom dialer with something "smarter"? I don't mind sing different apk but I would like to have it under ear phone icon on the home screen. Possible?

Get youlu, very good complex dialer.

So far I've done:

Supeman! :D

For me, this is by far the best rom. 52 hours up and battery at 66%!!

I will definetely donate when available.

Only one small request for the next versions: can you add a greek keyboard (so we dont have to install htc ime)?

Thank you very much. Great, complete work.

Guest mad Barny
anyone else with a problem with titanium backup? i can't seem to open mine though i have rebooted my phone a few times.

other than that, this is an awesome ROM! well done!! ;)

Have flashed this Rom (r7a) coming straight from orange 2.1 original Rom. Made a backup with Titanium before and had no problems installing Titanium nor restoring my apps. [edit] Not entirely true. I remember that I had/have problems with 2 specific apps. One was myPhoneExplorerClient and the other one I do not recall. Fixed those two by installing from market/application [/edit]

Worked like a charm.

I am really glad with this Rom! It is sooooo much faster than the original. WOW!

But maybe it would be a good idea to include Titanium directly into the Rom?

[edit] One "problem" I did notice with this Rom is the wifi. Wifi is waking up, no zte wifi fix needed. My problem is, since the ssid of my ap is not visible, it takes more or less 10 minutes up to a connection to it.

Is there any way to modify / fix this issue? I rather prefer the solution with wifi fix if the network is discovered faster.[/edit]

Edited by mad Barny