[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest m_w_clarke
I have this problem, too. Also, wireless connection does indeed take a whole lot longer to reconnect after sleep than other roms. JJ and Modaco both reconnected faster, if the network didn't disable itself.

flibblesan, could you look into this? apart from GSM-wifi-issue this works very good!

Again, +1 on this issue. Sometimes I have to go to network settings and toggle from GSM->HSPDA->GSM to et a 2G conection back (I prefer 2g to save battery)

Guest madboffin

I've looked everywhere on the forum but is there a way of increasing the displayed font size in this ROM- particularly for telephone numbers in the contacts and elsewhere in the dialler - they are just a little bit too small for my ageing eyes !

Madboffin

Guest Efzekawe
Sorry if this has been answered already but I cannot look through all 132 pages! Does anyone know if this ROM will fit on a phone which has had the partitions resized via TPT with the JJRLS9 ROM? Has anyone changed from JJ to FLB and if so, is the battery life any better?

Thanks

I changed from JJ7 to FLB with partitions just like JJ9's TPT. Though FLB won't fit out of the box as unzipped it's about 140MB, it is entirely possible to shrink it down to fit into the 128MB partition. Just delete some apps in the folder /system/app. For example Maps takes about 5MB and can be downloaded through the market later on anyway.

So far it works like a charm. Overall FLB seems to increase battery life in comparsion and feels more snappy but keep in mind, I've only been using it for about one day.

Guest buboleck
Great ROM (7a), but I have one major problem. I am often loose GSM connection when I am connecting WiFi. This status is not correct, because I am still able to receive calls. Initiating calls is not possible, I get an error that I am not connected to the GSM network. Some times after a minute it "reconnects" to GSM network.

Thx,

alpinestars

Same here but this only ocur when I use "Quick settings" app to turn wifi and APN on and off. If I use the standart way everything is fine.

Hi, i install FLB R7a on JJ RLS9 without wipe...;) before install only wipe dalvik-cache in clockwork.

first...on sms, the date and time is underlined, and i can call for this numbers:D

screenshot17roz.png

second, in An3DBenchXL the Ninjas Garden test have very low rate, only 2.57f/s, when on JJ RLS9 whose 8f/s. Other test are ok...

Edited by darryd

Guest 321_321
Hi, i install FLB R7a on JJ RLS9 without wipe...:D before install only wipe dalvik-cache in clockwork.

first...on sms, the date and time is underlined, and i can call for this numbers:D

second, in An3DBenchXL the Ninjas Garden test have very low rate, only 2.57f/s, when on JJ RLS9 whose 8f/s. Other test are ok...

You did not wipe and then you complain about issues? ;)

I have a solution for your issues: Try wiping first before installing a complete other rom. ;)

Or did I misunderstand your post?

am i missing some thing here i thought i had to partition my sd card (ext2/3) and install an app to move apps to sd all i have installed is the rom(r7a) and gb theme and the email fix but i have just noticed in manage apps angry birds is on the sd card and i have an option to move others there

have things changed and where dose it install to on my sd card?

am i missing some thing here i thought i had to partition my sd card (ext2/3) and install an app to move apps to sd all i have installed is the rom(r7a) and gb theme and the email fix but i have just noticed in manage apps angry birds is on the sd card and i have an option to move others there

I think Froyo offers moving apps to SD anyway. The ext 2 thing was mainly for 2.1 roms, I think now the additional configuring of ext partitions on SD cards is for people who want to be able to move more apps to the SD as the built in Froyo one can't move some. But for most people I think the stock one is fine?

Guest mad Barny

Hi flibblesan + all others,

as I mentioned it in another post and I do not expect that you are reading / studying all messages of the whole thread. I flashed yesterday from Stock-Rom to FLB 7a + Gingerbread Theme. Wiped of course before everything.

For that I just wanted to compact my first impression on you Rom.

It is really great and I do not want - under no circumstances - go back to stock Rom 2.1.

So far I noticed two things, apart from already mentioned by you and the others.

1) Wifi reconnect lasts after sleep really really long. Maybe that's caused by my hidden ssid, don't know. With stock Rom I didn't experience this problem.

2) Battery status + Recharging via USB:

This morning I rebooted my device - connected to usb. After reboot my battery dropped by approx. 15% and didn't recuperate.

I have the impression with that being connected to USB to recharge, at least the phone is not recharging or really really slow. Means, withing half an hour I only climb 1 or 2 %. Yesterday evening during 2.5 hours it might have been a fair 10%.

I received today a micro usb to mini usb converter. Which will not let the device being recognized by Windows. Since I use that cable to recharge, my battery is really really fast recharging.

Does anyone else have the same problem? Should I re-flash? Any ideas?

Thanks,

mad Barny

[edit] One "problem" I did notice with this Rom is the wifi. Wifi is waking up, no zte wifi fix needed. My problem is, since the ssid of my ap is not visible, it takes more or less 10 minutes up to a connection to it.

Is there any way to modify / fix this issue? I rather prefer the solution with wifi fix if the network is discovered faster.[/edit]

I've looked everywhere on the forum but is there a way of increasing the displayed font size in this ROM- particularly for telephone numbers in the contacts and elsewhere in the dialler - they are just a little bit too small for my ageing eyes !

Madboffin

There is no such option in the stock contacts app unfortunately. However, for texting purposes you might want to try something like Handcent where you can choose the font, size and layout of the text. Also, in your contacts it would be worth adding photos so you can navigate in a more visual way.

Guest Simon O

Because the froyo Apps2SD is still enabled some applications will be moved to the fat32 partition on the SD. You can either select "move to phone" on the app which will copy it to the phone, which is actually the ext partition, or you can install an application called "move2sd root" from the market and set this to install all apps to the phone. Then whenever you install an app it'll be on the ext partition and not in the fat partition.

Guest wishmasterf

hallo flibblesan!

Many thanks for that great rom. It would be great to commit that kernel-changes to your kernel: http://android.modaco.com/content-page/327...0/#entry1588916

It will enable rds functionality. The app is stable, i tested it very well and no problems, but not finished, the author planed more. But the kernel is stable and seems to be finished.

I think Froyo offers moving apps to SD anyway. The ext 2 thing was mainly for 2.1 roms, I think now the additional configuring of ext partitions on SD cards is for people who want to be able to move more apps to the SD as the built in Froyo one can't move some. But for most people I think the stock one is fine?
Actually, A2SD (all apks are moved to ext2 on sd card) works with 2.2 as well, FLB supports it, and it's the best way, because apps will still work if sd card is mounted to the PC when phone is connected by USB. With the official 2.2 App2SD function, they would stop working.

Actually it's really easy to use A2SD with FLB - just use Clockworkmod to partition your SD card accordingly.

In my guide there is some explanation on all this stuff:

[GUIDE] How to get more FREE SPACE for your apps

2011-02-04; A2SD/ change partitition sizes (all ROMs)/ move data to SD

as explained in my guide, using Froyo-built-in official App2SD feature, the apps will be partially moved to the sdcard in the dir /sdcard/.android-secure. You will only be able to see the content of the dir if you browse it using your PC. On android it will be mounted to /mnt/asec.

Note that this only moves 1 part out of 3 parts of an installed app. This is explained here:

section A - paragraph "However, even if you have A2SD working you can still get into troubles with little space left."

there are 3 parts of an installed app:

/data/app/XYZ-1.apk

/data/dalvik-cache/data@[email protected]@classes.dex

/data/data/XYZ

only the first will be moved if you use App2SD or A2SD, the others will only be moved if you use A2SD+.

But I don't recommend that if you still have enough free space, because it could make performance worse.

A real cool way to get more free space is indeed the changing of partition sizes (section B - changing partition sizes).

For doing this with FLB you will have to edit the FLB install .zip, deleting some of the apps in /system/app (backing them up and reinstalling them later using a Filemanager), like Google Maps, Facebook, Youtube.

So you can enhance the size of your data partition (used for apps) from around 200MB up to 330 MB!

Not sure what im doing wrong, flb-froyo-blade-r5a was the last version I could get my contacts installed, was hoping the latest version would sort it out, anyone advise me what to do please

Thanks...Charles

Guest theShire

Hi all,

I'm currently running r6 and want to upgrade to the latest r7a / r8 when it's released.

Can I ugrade without doin a wipe?

Will i be able to flash from r6 directly to r7a

or

do i have to do r6 to r7 to r7a etc

I never used r6a by danozl, instead I pulled down the contacts database and added the missing field using sqlite and then pushed it back up. Contacts have worked fine ever since for me.

Any info/advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

I can't get rid of the market FC's by clearing the data of the market app - also when i exited car home i had only a black screen + status bar, and couldn't go back to the home app.

I flashed r7a + gb theme straight over r6 fixed with gb theme ans 0x90 mod

Do i have these problems because i didn't wipe the cache befor flashing?

Or is it screwed up by the mod?

Guest Simon O
I can't get rid of the market FC's by clearing the data of the market app - also when i exited car home i had only a black screen + status bar, and couldn't go back to the home app.

I flashed r7a + gb theme straight over r6 fixed with gb theme ans 0x90 mod

Do i have these problems because i didn't wipe the cache befor flashing?

Or is it screwed up by the mod?

Would be cache and settings stored on data. Sounds like you'll have to wipe and install.

I been having a few problems today with texts, mainly with delays. Just now I restarted my phone and had 3 come through that were sent 2 hours ago.

it seems restarting forces my phone to get them.

Maybe it's a problem with Orange this evening but I rely on texts quite a bit so I have had to restore back to my Seb404 rom to see if continues.

Is there any settings anywhere that govern how often the phone checks for new texts, maybe something screwed up. I have not ready anyone else having this issue so maybe it's just me.

Will try again with this rom when the next release comes out.

Guest Davie1888

Just done a wipe and installed r7a, went to market and tried a few downloads, they download and start to install but then the phone restarts itself, so can't get any apps on, anyone got any ideas?

Guest johannes140
Again, +1 on this issue. Sometimes I have to go to network settings and toggle from GSM->HSPDA->GSM to et a 2G conection back (I prefer 2g to save battery)

flibblesan, any comment on this issue? (wlan slow reconnecting, gsm signal dropping). will it be fixed on your next release? thanks!

Hi there,

first of all, very cool job with the MOD! It was the first time for me with an android and I used the r6 version with great pleasure.

Today I tried to update to r7a as it was mentioned that a wipe was not necassary. Everything worked out fine, but I can't connect to the email anymore. A few investigations have turned out that you the r7a has the email version 2.2.1 onboard, whereas the r6 had the 2.2.2. I think there was a change in between the version affection connectivity with Exchange 2010 and security policies which prevent me now from access the emails. So two points:

1. Was there a reason that you went a version backwards?

2. Could you use the newer 2.2.2 in your next batch or point me in the direction on how I get the new version installed? I tried a few things(copying the apk file from the old release on the phone and installing etc.) but nothing worked so far

It would be great if someone could help me!

thanks a lot,

Hirsel

Guest Simon O
flibblesan, any comment on this issue? (wlan slow reconnecting, gsm signal dropping). will it be fixed on your next release? thanks!

I don't have that problem at all.

Guest Davie1888

Update on my market install issue, totally wiped again and reinstalled r7a but still got same issue, so installed JJ RLS9 and everything is installing ok, flibblesan you got any ideas what's happening here?

Edited by Davie1888