[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest The Soup Thief
i can see how fast my batterie goes down. more than 12 hours are not possible. even if i do nothing without 1-2 calls and sms. how can this be?

Adeba - make sure you've got all the things you're not using turned off - ie 3G, GPS and wifi

Uninstall (or at least don't use) task killer

Don't play Angry Birds constantly (am sure you're not, but I found this was the best way of emptying my battery)

I took mine off charge at 7.30 this morning and read a few stories from Guardian Anywhere and the battery monitor is still at 100% 3 hours later

Either my battery monitor is lying (a possibility) or that's pretty good going

Just looking at Power tutor app (albeit optimised for different handsets so this might be meaningless) - looks like the screen is using three or four times as much juice as the CPU (moral: make sure the screen times out promptly)

Thanks Rootmoose for the point about the browser - will play with it a bit

Would like to find out how some people got the GPS working so smoothly - I did a total wipe beforehand, wiping data and cache in clockwork, but i suspect that my phone's ability to locate now within a few hundred metres owes more to mobile mast location than to some feat of GPS

Guest cmberry20

The GPS thing could be a deal breaker for me.

If it doesnt work & want to go back to my current ROM (Default rom) will the backup I've made using the ClockworkMod restore my phone to the exact same point & status before i installed Froyo. eg. All apps, settings, etc.

Guest dadashi

I couldn't fix my market place problem. Even flashed the froyo rom another time, but no luck even though I'm logged in gmail.

I've tried GPS as well, as soon as I open maps it apparently finds my position immediatly even in the middle of my flat away from any window, but it's about 300 miles out!!!

I'm back on 2.1 again after a clockwork backup restore, everythings working again... though not everythings as nice as 2.2 Froyo

Guest savageness

Did anybody get a damaged SD card after applying this ROM?

Things seem to be fine with it, but since switching it off and on again last night, its complaining that the SD card is damaged. Is this the case or is it something thats occurred because of the froyo build and a re-format will fix?

Do I need to format it in the phone or via pc, and is there anyway of getting the clockwork backup I made, off it first?

Thanks

Guest finbaar
Right - got the FM radio working!

Bit of a shaky workaround but it works

SWOriginal posted here, yesterday, that the radio works and stays working beyond a few seconds if it is playing concurrently with an MP3

This has the obvious disadvantage that you can't hear the radio over the sound of your mp3

Easy answer is to use an MP3 of silence!

You can download one from Burninwave.com

Save this 60 minutes of pure nothing to your phone

When you want to use the radio,

1 Turn the Android radio on and tune in. You'll get 2 seconds of people talking about Ireland's debt crisis or somesuch then it'll all go quiet as the radio app freezes

2 Go to the music player of your choice and play this mp3 file - doing so will kickstart the radio and it's all good

Don't go near FM radio again or it will stop - your phone is in an unstable equilibrium (as per Ireland's finances)

Leave well alone and it'll all be good for an hour, at which point you'll need to start the mp3 up again to get back to the radio you're listening to

All done B)

That'll keep me happy til some bright spark comes up with a better fix

Ha ha, I was slightly perturbed when the radio came on, after stopping, when playing a MP3. Nice bit of lateral thinking.

Guest finbaar
Right - got the FM radio working!

Bit of a shaky workaround but it works

SWOriginal posted here, yesterday, that the radio works and stays working beyond a few seconds if it is playing concurrently with an MP3

This has the obvious disadvantage that you can't hear the radio over the sound of your mp3

Easy answer is to use an MP3 of silence!

You can download one from Burninwave.com

Save this 60 minutes of pure nothing to your phone

When you want to use the radio,

1 Turn the Android radio on and tune in. You'll get 2 seconds of people talking about Ireland's debt crisis or somesuch then it'll all go quiet as the radio app freezes

2 Go to the music player of your choice and play this mp3 file - doing so will kickstart the radio and it's all good

Don't go near FM radio again or it will stop - your phone is in an unstable equilibrium (as per Ireland's finances)

Leave well alone and it'll all be good for an hour, at which point you'll need to start the mp3 up again to get back to the radio you're listening to

All done B)

That'll keep me happy til some bright spark comes up with a better fix

Ha ha, I was slightly perturbed when the radio came on, after stopping, when playing a MP3. Nice bit of lateral thinking.

Guest Aranathos
The GPS thing could be a deal breaker for me.

If it doesnt work & want to go back to my current ROM (Default rom) will the backup I've made using the ClockworkMod restore my phone to the exact same point & status before i installed Froyo. eg. All apps, settings, etc.

It should, yes.

Just installed this ROM. Really cool!

One minor issue I have is that I would like to install the vanilla TouchPal that came with the original MCR etc. Any ideas about how I go about it?

Thanks

Easiest way to do it is to open up the zipfile for a ROM with them in (e.g. R4) - the two files you need to grab are system/app/Touchpal.apk and system/lib/libtouchpal.so. Then, either simply copy them over into your existing filesystem, or copy them into the ROM image, and reflash.

Cheers fibblesan, loving the bootup screen... but can you make the test 'Quite Brilliant' animated like the HTC rom... i can probably do it myself... but i think i will mess it up. lol.

Guest cmberry20

Quick question to Flibblesan,

Are there any plans for a Beta2 or is this the best that can be done with the leaked Chinese ROM?

Even though you've done an amazing job with the Beta i might not install it because of the issues.

I found a bug

If you use any internet application such as maps, market or anything else the speaker on the phone mutes automatically and it will not unmute unless you press the volume control or turn the phone on or off again or lock and unmute the volume

(least thats the only 3 ways I've found to unmute it)

Anyone else notice this? or anyone got a fix?

EDIT: I just tried the market again and this time it didnt turn the sound off until after I pressed the backup button, but it still muted the sound once i pressed it.

Also GPS seems to be working for me, not 100% accurate but it got me within 1500M of my house within 5 seconds of turning the maps application on.

Edited by Lew247

Guest The Soup Thief
Quick question to Flibblesan,

Are there any plans for a Beta2 or is this the best that can be done with the leaked Chinese ROM?

Even though you've done an amazing job with the Beta i might not install it because of the issues.

Really, the issues are pretty few and minor I reckon

1. GPS ain't working for quite a lot of people - that's a bigger problem for some than for others (though bugeyes for one seems to be having some luck)

2. Some people's install just doesn't seem to go well (most seem to go ok though)

3. The light sensor is a bit insensitive - pretty minor I'd say

4. Radio is a bit dicky, but there's an easy workaround

Course, a beta2 with all these working fine out of the box would be sweet but I'd really encourage anyone who's curious and not too technophobic to

1) get yourself fully backed-up with titanium backup

2) come on in! The Froyo's fine!

If it doesn't go well you can always rollback to the previous ROM (I'd advise you strongly to figure out how you'd do this first - reading StephenHarperUK's post is highly reccomended

Anybody can change it by replacing the bootanimation.zip inside /system/media/. Just either delete it from the zip or replace it with another bootanimation. The HTC style logo was just a bit of fun.

Can you only have the 2 PNG's inside the zip or is there any limit on it?

Also any way of changing how long it stays on each picture as it's booting?

Guest Matt Thompson
I found a bug

If you use any internet application such as maps, market or anything else the speaker on the phone mutes automatically and it will not unmute unless you press the volume control or turn the phone on or off again or lock and unmute the volume

(least thats the only 3 ways I've found to unmute it)

Anyone else notice this? or anyone got a fix?

Are you sure this isn't just the "Turn to mute" option being a bit flaky?

Settings > Sound > Turn to mute

Try turning it off and see what you get.

Guest AndyHibberd

If I do a Google search and it comes up with a place eg searching for restaurants nearby it gives a clickable telephone number but when I click the box with the number in it just goes to an error webpage that has "tel:(thenumber)" in the address bar.

Guest Totyasrác

Okay, here are my experiences so far with Flib mate's Froyo SanFran ROM (actually bugs found so far):

- APN editing not working

- ADW Launcher's Settings/System preferences / Home orientation also greyed out

- Settings / Language&keyboard / Select language: set to Hungarian without any effect :-o

- Sending a contact via SMS is just doing nothing... Really, nothing happens when trying to select it...

- Installing apps (like Angry Birds) unsuccesful.

- Battery issue: much worse than with 2.1 MCR, by 7-8PM it's down to 30-35%, by 10PM it's askin' for charge :-o Same usage helped me to have 40-45% by midnight with 2.1. Something drains the battery. All the apps/widgets/configurations are the very same (the way I like it B))

- There are some apps constantly coming back eve if never ever used before (News and Weather, Voice search, Photobuck, OmaDrmService etc.). Even if ATK is not in use but checking with Menu/Settings/Applications/Running Services...

- When playing YT movie the screen has parallel lines (vertical) all over

- Same FM radio issue as for the others.

Don't forget about the pros:

- Gallery is much much smoother with 2.2 than with 2.1

- Whole system is snappier (however tends to slow down a bit)

- Camera is much more usable. (Except for the vertical lines when just looking, double the amount after pic is taken - the result is perfect. Just a bit annoying.)

Edited by Totyasrác

Guest squidlr

With this rom, initially I had vertical thin black lines with mVideoPlayer, but a reboot of the phone seemed to get rid them.

Only other side effects I've had is the touch screen freezing up x 2 this morning, requiring battery removal to reboot. It seems okay 8 hours later.

This rom is a huge improvement on Gforums 2.2. Now I can enjoy podcasts and the wireless positioning system appears to work very accurately.

Okay, here are my experiences so far with Flib mate's Froyo SanFran ROM (actually bugs found so far):

- APN editing not working

- ADW Launcher's Settings/System preferences / Home orientation also greyed out

- Settings / Language&keyboard / Select language: set to Hungarian without any effect :-o

- Sending a contact via SMS is just doing nothing... Really, nothing happens when trying to select it...

- Installing apps (like Angry Birds) unsuccesful.

- Battery issue: much worse than with 2.1 MCR, by 7-8PM it's down to 30-35%, by 10PM it's askin' for charge :-o Same usage helped me to have 40-45% by midnight with 2.1. Something drains the battery. All the apps/widgets/configurations are the very same (the way I like it B))

- There are some apps constantly coming back eve if never ever used before (News and Weather, Voice search, Photobuck, OmaDrmService etc.). Even if ATK is not in use but checking with Menu/Settings/Applications/Running Services...

- When playing YT movie the screen has parallel lines (vertical) all over

- Same FM radio issue as for the others.

Don't forget about the pros:

- Gallery is much much smoother with 2.2 than with 2.1

- Whole system is snappier (however tends to slow down a bit)

- Camera is much more usable. (Except for the vertical lines when just looking, double the amount after pic is taken - the result is perfect. Just a bit annoying.)

angry bird is working just fine..:)

I used batteminder and it shows battery time nicely..when I turn off wifi and 3g it last for more than 15hr in full charge..:)..so

I dont think it has battery issues.

ya youtube still has that green line..in HQ..;)...

newy this is lot better than 2.2 alpha

Guest dragon2611
With this rom, initially I had vertical thin black lines with mVideoPlayer, but a reboot of the phone seemed to get rid them.

Only other side effects I've had is the touch screen freezing up x 2 this morning, requiring battery removal to reboot. It seems okay 8 hours later.

This rom is a huge improvement on Gforums 2.2. Now I can enjoy podcasts and the wireless positioning system appears to work very accurately.

Mines had the problem with the touchscreen a couple of times, I think it's a 2.2 issue as it happened on the other 2.2 ROM i had on there as well.

Guest go4bust
angry bird is working just fine..B)

I used batteminder and it shows battery time nicely..when I turn off wifi and 3g it last for more than 15hr in full charge..:)..so

I dont think it has battery issues.

ya youtube still has that green line..in HQ..:)...

newy this is lot better than 2.2 alpha

Same here, but additionally I was unable to get the speaker working while on a voice call.

There is no obvious button or selection for the external speaker. Anybody else have this problem or have I missed something obvious :-) ?